Princess Lalla Salma's Fashion and Style Part 2: March 2009 - November 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Princess Lalla Salma's Fashion and Style part 2
The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
Marmi, TheTruth, Glitteringtiaras & dazzling

Actually the way lalla Salma handles her caftan's is a very normal way. I have seen many Moroccans handle their caftans the same way and other Moroccan princess's. As for her day time dress, the red one, it is totally her age, what is a 31 year old suppose to wear? brown? we would be calling her a granny maybe or pink which we might refer to as barbie. Poor lalla Salma, seems she wont ever please some
I was dealing not only with the color day-dress, but the all dress, also the shape of the dress, wich be nice for Queen Sofia for exemple IMO, Lalla Salma is a very pretty young Lady , this is not bad to say that we would be prefer her with another look, with a younger look or with a look apropriate to her ...this is a Forum no? anyone can express diffenrents opinions ..no ?

I was dealing not only with the color day-dress, but the all dress, also the shape of the dress, wich be nice for Queen Sofia for exemple IMO, Lalla Salma is a very pretty young Lady , this is not bad to say that we would be prefer her with another look, with a younger look or with a look apropriate to her ...this is a Forum no? anyone can express diffenrents opinions ..no ?
i totally agree with you ikram. the whole look isn't for a young woman of her 30's and the open square collar isn't nice for someone with relatively small chest. me too, i see it suitable for queen sofia. plus the valentino red dresses are made mostly if not exclusively for evenings and gala. so it's not a good choice for a day and to welcome state' guests :whistling:

for those who can't see the relation between the look and age, i bring the example of princess mary who she is 37 yrs old. does she look younger than most of the royals who are in their 30's? yes she does. her choice of makeup, outfits, accessories make her even younger. while salma' choices, she looks older than what she is.

as for the cafan on that dinner. again i agree with you ikram. the jewels, hair bluish accessory, the belt, the shoes and how she handle the caftan, it wasn't elegant at all. even if you aren't moroccan, it's easy to notice it's not the way an elegant woman handle herself in a long dress.

anyway, my opinion is that salma doesn't find yet the right style for her. unfortunately fashion designers like valentino or chanel don't help to make or "produce" a woman to be elegant, and salma is the proof.
another proof, is the recent US first lady Michelle Obama. the media spoke a lot about her day' events simple dresses or oufits of 150$ and how she was beautiful and elegant. she wore also fashion outfits for non famous and young designers in some official events (not every day), and she was stunning. she wears fake pearls and she looks elegant. so who cares about real pearls with diamonds (with all collection of colors salma has). imo this is how an intellegent woman should be. with her designers choices, she makes it clear that she had an independent, strong and distinct fashion sense. her look has confidence. imo, best choice for a real confidence.

so, for those who don't agree, i say: don't worry girls. it's a forum, we don't expect to agree with each other. but i have to say, it's not always a matter of like an outfit or not, it's a matter of looking to details. some have this attentive eye, and many don't have it ;)

i never understand the things of wearing dress wich don't fitt with her age,so what's go with here age can some one give us example plz???
i think she is very appropriate in her look as first lady,there is some not good oufits or bad colour but nothing inappropriate for her rule,age or no age she is a first lady and she has to dress up like that not like celebrities or model.
as for the red dress: http://s5.tinypic.com/zsl91j.jpg
i found her all gorgeous,i dare to say perfect,it's very clever choice as it was not state visit or even official one,so it's very intelligent choice for spring day in Fez.

i never understand the things of wearing dress wich don't fitt with her age,so what's go with here age can some one give us example plz???
i think she is very appropriate in her look as first lady,there is some not good oufits or bad colour but nothing inappropriate for her rule,age or no age she is a first lady and she has to dress up like that not like celebrities or model.
as for the red dress: http://s5.tinypic.com/zsl91j.jpg
i found her all gorgeous,i dare to say perfect,it's very clever choice as was not state visit or even official one,so it's very intelligent choice for spring day in Fez.
really, you never heard of "how to dress your age"??

:previous: ah,now you suppose i don't know how to dress:ROFLMAO:
no, you didn't understand. please read again my previous post. i was surprised you asked on the relation between the age and the right look, that's why i asked you if you never heard of the sentence "how to dress your age".

zineb,
Please, explain how elegant ladies handle their caftans.I see nothing with the ways Lalla Salma handles her caftans.

Yes we can all express opinions and I was just expressing/stating what I wanted just like others, this is not to a particular poster. You can agree or disagree with me & others there is no problem at all.

no, you didn't understand. please read again my previous post. i was surprised you asked on the relation between the age and the right look, that's why i asked you if you never heard of the sentence "how to dress your age".
first no i never heard the sentence "how to dress your age".
second i think what make the differance for the look here it's the position her position as first lady,and without starting unfair comparisons with others first ladies cause things change from country to country.

zineb,
Please, explain how elegant ladies handle their caftans.I see nothing with the ways Lalla Salma handles her caftans.
with pleasure al bina. to me, it's the same for "western" long dress and caftans. it's important to know how to move gracefully in a long formal evening dress. the move should be smooth, sensual and elegant. the posture plays a big role here. so, since elegant ladies choose the caftan to be longer than their height and it's a 2 pieces .., so while walking, a woman handles the center of the caftan with left hand and left side of the top with the right hand, and bring all these together at the front (see meryem picture). so in this way, a woman walks easly, but this doesn't mean she has to show a lot her legs. salma in the dinner, she uses both hands to handle the two parts of the caftan separately. sorry but this is a way to handle a long dress when someone wants to cross a river, not while walking for elegant dinner :whistling:

i think most prominent examples are here:

meryem

noor

first no i never heard the sentence "how to dress your age".
second i think what make the differance for the look here it's the position her position as first lady,and without starting unfair comparisons with others first ladies cause things change from country to country.
sorry, but i don't agree with you. the word "unfair" has no place in what you say. elegance, grace and intellegence have no nationality

zineb grace and intellegence have no nationality
did i say it should??
i don't like to compare between ppl in general ppl are different,you know:look at MS Obama maybe Lalla Salma(or choose any first lady you want) can do same for her clotyhes choice...and that bla bla...i honestly don't like these kind of comparison because it's unfair for both ladies.

as for
handling a caftan I dare to say there is no moroccan women who don't know how to do it well and with elegance it's in blood:)

thanks for the photos ikram but i don't see the difference between what you post and the way Lalla Salma handl her caftans??!!!

did i say it should??
i don't like to compare between ppl in general ppl are different,you know:look at MS Obama maybe Lalla Salma(or choose any first lady you want) can do same for her clotyhes choice...and that bla bla...i honestly don't like these kind of comparison because it's unfair for both ladies.

as for handling a caftan I dare to say there is no moroccan women who don't know how to do it well and with elegance it's in blood:)
it's your opinion and i respect it.
but here is mine. again i don't agree. where is the problem to compare?
we compare everything otherwise this word "compare" couldn't exist :)
we compare everything to have a better understanding. that's when someone wants to understand, otherwise just take it easy .. but to me, first lady dress reflect a lot. it's not a simple thing as you may think. when someone is in office, small details matter a lot. also first ladies are different because of how they were educated to dress. it reflect their personality, husband office ideas and country's values.

I dont see a problem with how Salma handles her caftans nor do I see a difference of others handling it any different. I dont expect her to handle exactly the same as others, its nice to do it her own way if she does do it differently. I dont think there is a rule of holding it in your left hand from the center etc etc but hold it where it is easier and easier to walk IMO.

:previous: dazzling, we are speaking how to handle a caftan elegantly, tastefully manner and with grace .. not on anyway just hold it when it's easier to walk etc etc.
that's what makes the difference ;)

there are plenty of ways how to drink a cup of tea ;)

:previous: dazzling, we are speaking how to handle a caftan elegantly with grace .. not on anyway just hold it when it's easier to walk etc etc.
that's what makes the difference ;)

I know that and thats what my first sentence was about :)

the walk part was referring to your post :flowers:
so while walking, a woman handles the center of the caftan with left hand and left side of the top with the right hand, and bring all these together at the front (see meryem picture). so in this way, a woman walks easly, but this doesn't mean she has to show a lot her legs

with pleasure al bina. to me, it's the same for "western" long dress and caftans. it's important to know how to move gracefully in a long formal evening dress. the move should be smooth, sensual and elegant. the posture plays a big role here. so, since elegant ladies choose the caftan to be longer than their height and it's a 2 pieces .., so while walking, a woman handles the center of the caftan with left hand and left side of the top with the right hand, and bring all these together at the front (see meryem picture). so in this way, a woman walks easly, but this doesn't mean she has to show a lot her legs. .... [snipped] http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/31...35F8FA9CA92A63FF6FBE1328B285890F55034CEB503EE
Thanks for the explanations! :flowers:

zineb,

Al bina, there's no special way or rule to handle a caftan, and Salma is handling it the right way, in this picture belew, her sister in law Lalla Meriem is handling her caftan the same way, you can see ler legs,and even some scars on them:ermm: (which is not the case of Lalla Salma), but then nobody said any thing about how a caftan should be handled, and the same people who are critisizing Salma, found Meriem very classy and stunning then:D

Mme-Bernadette-Chirac-SAR-Lalla-Meriem

Thanks for sharing your opinion!:flowers: Fairly speaking, I envy Moroccan Princesses and Lalla Salma for being able to wear amazing masterpieces such as caftans.

I liked Salma's red dress, though I personnally,never wear red.
The colour looked great on her.Her make up was appropriate.
It was a good idea to match it with black bag and shoes.
Nice that she didn't wear a necklace.
Sometimes her hair isn't well done but this time it looked nice and healthy.
I like when her hair is very curly.
Her caftan looked wonderful.
But,I don't like the blue thing on her hair.
I wish to see Salma wearing more beige.

the red dress, is nice but I share the opinion of who who said it isn't a garement for a simple welcome, I think also that the top of dress has a collar that don't suit the body of lalla salma
about the kaftan i like it, but even if the photo isn't clear i remark some blue on her hairs, that don't have anything to do with the whole look, can't be speak about jewels and make-up because the photo was taken by far

Al bina, there's no special way or rule to handle a caftan, and Salma is handling it the right way, in this picture belew, her sister in law Lalla Meriem is handling her caftan the same way,
no, Sorry......
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb61/caramilla_2007/SM-jordanie-diner-g.jpg?t=1237201090
Mme-Bernadette-Chirac-SAR-Lalla-Meriem
http://www.fesfestival.com/photos07/01-06-07/pages/Mme-Bernadette-Chirac-Princesse-Lalla-Meriem2.htm

Zineb said:
while walking, a woman handles the center of the caftan with left hand and left side of the top with the right hand, and bring all these together at the front (see meryem picture). so in this way, a woman walks easly, but this doesn't mean she has to show a lot her legs. salma in the dinner,
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb61/caramilla_2007/SM-jordanie-diner-g.jpg?t=1237201090
uses both hands to handle the two parts of the caftan separately. sorry but http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb61/caramilla_2007/SM-jordanie-diner-g.jpg?t=1237201090this is a way to handle a long dress when someone wants to cross a river, not while walking for elegant dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom