The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubna2 View Post
photo posted by humera
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2...llasalmag1.jpg

I don’t like at all her look, her kaftan is one of the worst I have ever seen, the embroideries, the mix of gold and blue/grey all that make it of bad taste imo.
Her hairdo wasn’t nice also, her hairs seems (again) in bad condition
I thought the Kaftan was really pretty, it was quite bright with all the embroidery (not dull which the white and gold can look). The hair ruined the look for me since the Kaftan had alot going on but overall she looked nice.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:51 AM
Aristocracy

for me, she wasn't nice yeserday, her kaftan wasn't refined, too shiny with the gold and the silver and the emboidries, really too much
the hairdo was bad, the only thing i like is the neckalce, even if I think with this very bright kaftan, the necklace is in more

Old 02-02-2010, 06:09 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

I like her caftan it´s beautiful.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis View Post
for me, she wasn't nice yeserday, her kaftan wasn't refined, too shiny with the gold and the silver and the emboidries, really too much
the hairdo was bad, the only thing i like is the neckalce, even if I think with this very bright kaftan, the necklace is in more
Moroccan kaftans are suppose to bea heavy and quite rich with wmbroidery and many of them very colorful.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Moroccan kaftans are suppose to bea heavy and quite rich with wmbroidery and many of them very colorful.
no, they are many many styles of kaftan. with and without embroideries coloroful or discreet, that depend only of the taste of the lady who wear it
simple black kaftan with only some gold sfifa
http://www.couture31.fr/upload/dscn2315.jpg
blue one with very little emboideries
http://www.sitefeminin.com/image_album_big/img895.jpg
heavy and shiny kaftan
http://images02.olx.be/ui/4/43/86/28...-Bruxelles.jpg
Old 02-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Gentry

Her kaftan is nice but only by far, because by near it’s too heavy and too shinny, I wonder why she didn’t combed her hairs?
By way, I like the necklace, very beautiful piece
Old 02-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

The kafton was beautiful on her. I can sympathize about the hair. She has beautiful curly hair, but even the slightest bit of humidity can really make it look unkept. I know, I've got curly hair and I can think that it looks great at the house and as soon as I step outside it goes nuts! You have to do the best you can with what you have.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lalla Salma is a very beautiful woman. Her kaftans are pieces of art. She is truly striking. Congratulations on her award. She is forging a new road for Moroccan King's consort.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Gentry

she had the bride look with this kaftan, definitely not the right choice for the event imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
The kafton was beautiful on her. I can sympathize about the hair. She has beautiful curly hair, but even the slightest bit of humidity can really make it look unkept. I know, I've got curly hair and I can think that it looks great at the house and as soon as I step outside it goes nuts! You have to do the best you can with what you have.
I think that since she has the means, she can found esily a solution for her hairs if it's a problem of humidity
Old 02-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree, the caftan is a bit heavy. But LS is such an impressive woman: she literally wears caftans and not vice versa! Which is why I find this appearance quite nice. The hair is too curly. I think this is what ruined the whole look and not the dress.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

i think she was just stunning:the caftan is beautiful the embroidery is magnificent and Selham was a great addition look magestic with the caftan,i prefer if she put her hair up although i don't mind her lovely curly hair.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
i think she was just stunning:the caftan is beautiful the embroidery is magnificent and Selham was a great addition look magestic with the caftan,i prefer if she put her hair up although i don't mind her lovely curly hair.
Thank you for the extra photo ML!! It's nice to know that it's called 'Selham'. Such a beautiful word! The more I see Lalla Salma's caftan the more I like it!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's a beautiful caftan. The work that must go into all that embroidery!
Old 02-03-2010, 04:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Thank you for the extra photo ML!! It's nice to know that it's called 'Selham'. Such a beautiful word! The more I see Lalla Salma's caftan the more I like it!
it's more known in the world as "burnous"
Old 02-03-2010, 07:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis View Post
no, they are many many styles of kaftan. with and without embroideries coloroful or discreet, that depend only of the taste of the lady who wear it
simple black kaftan with only some gold sfifa
http://www.couture31.fr/upload/dscn2315.jpg
blue one with very little emboideries
http://www.sitefeminin.com/image_album_big/img895.jpg
heavy and shiny kaftan
http://images02.olx.be/ui/4/43/86/28...-Bruxelles.jpg

I can add this photo of lalla salma lalla hasna and lalla meryem (in 2003, one of the first salma activity), each one has a kaftan according to her taste
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/111/3...28d107.jpg?v=0
Old 02-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Gentry

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5558/6103bb.jpg
I think her sandals are by jimmy choo
Clue | Jimmy Choo
Old 02-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

it's always a pleasure to see Moroccan ladies in caftans it's sush splendid gowns.
Lalla salma caftan is truly wonderful i love the design the embroidery and the belt ,white suit her alot. the make up was perfect.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliana View Post

Thank you for the new info!! These shoes are wonderful! Does LS always wear Jimmy Choo?
Old 02-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
you're welcome
here where you can find more photos of Lalla Salma and her caftan in all views on the Gala
Lalla Salma: Lalla Salma reçoit le Prix de la Charte de Paris 2010 contre le cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubna2 View Post
it's more known in the world as "burnous"
we in Morocco we call it Selham,in Algeria and Tunisia it's burnous not sure for libya though but in Morocco it's known for most by Selham.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
you're welcome
here where you can find more photos of Lalla Salma and her caftan in all views on the Gala
Lalla Salma: Lalla Salma reçoit le Prix de la Charte de Paris 2010 contre le cancer

we in Morocco we call it Selham,in Algeria and Tunisia it's burnous not sure for libya though but in Morocco it's known for most by Selham.

I think that foreigners don't know all these terms, and most of the time they know only the term "burnous" that is currently used in dictionnaries