The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I liked the daywear, although Salma should refrai from wearing her hair loose, it really doesn't suit her.

The caftan colour looks good on her, she can really carry off those sorts of deep colours.

Her handbag on the second day was Chanel.
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...5587523352.jpg

Old 02-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

4 Feb 2008:lalla salma in lovely suit(I think chanel)
http://i29.tinypic.com/suv7sg.jpg (posted by Mademoiselle Lilo)

Old 02-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

here nice outfit wore by Lalla Salma,one of the most i liked on her i was wondering if someone have an idea about who's the designer
http://i25.tinypic.com/14o9mjo.jpg
Old 02-07-2008, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrifia View Post
4 Feb 2008:lalla salma in lovely suit(I think chanel)
http://i29.tinypic.com/suv7sg.jpg (posted by Mademoiselle Lilo)
Indeed a lovely suit. The red detailing is very pretty.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it's Valentino, Mademoiselle Lilo.

Salma only wears couture Chanel or Valentino.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

thanks alot for answering Little_star
Old 02-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post

Looks like a Chanel since it looks like tweed and Valentino doesnt use tweed but could be wrong.

I like how Salma sticks tocertain designers yet not tend to look boring since they are similar in cut & style
Old 02-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post

It's funny to say that she wears only haute couture from Valentino and Chanel, how you know that?and how you can be so sure? it's not because a magazine said and it was quoted everywhere, that she likes valentino and chanel, it means it's true and she wears only them, she many times, wore some suits which don't have nothing to do with chanel or valentino cuts and style.

Some of her suits are Chanel, and I can recall that she wore only two suits from Valentino, but the others, they are unkowen brands to me, I used to browse style.com of vogue magazine, and didn't find something similar with her other suits on haute couture or even ready to wear of Velentino and Chanel, maybe she uses a personal tailor, like for her Kaftans.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
It's funny to say that she wears only haute couture from Valentino and Chanel, how you know that?and how you can be so sure? it's not because a magazine said and it was quoted everywhere, that she likes valentino and chanel, it means it's true and she wears only them, she many times, wore some suits which don't have nothing to do with chanel or valentino cuts and style.
Most of the outfits I have seen her in have been Chanel or Valentino and I think a few Dior.

I cannot think of any outfits that have not been by these designers. Moreover it is widely reported that she buys from these designers, it's mentioned on many sites across the web.

Chanel does couture suits and personally I think that's where a lot of her suits come from.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:25 AM
Aristocracy

I saw lalla salma yesterday on TV, and what I can say that she don't know how to mach her clothes with the event, because he look was too much for this event, her bag, the style of the suit, the shoes, all was too much to go to a hospital
Old 05-07-2008, 06:17 AM
Nobility

I agree she dont look very nice because she don't use the right clothes in her events , any way we love her because she is our queen
Old 05-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimae View Post
I agree she dont look very nice because she don't use the right clothes in her events , any way we love her because she is our queen

she is my queen, but I can't say that I love her, for me she has a too lower profile to make me love her or hate her, I am indiffirent about her look, I saw her also on TV and I agree with you, perhaps that on the photo it isn't appearant, but on TV it's obvious that her look was "too much" for the event
Old 05-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Her suite is nice but as someone said (loubna2) in this photo she looks not good in it. Too light and pastel.

But according to wikipedia (source not the best):
Lalla Salma's wardrobe is primarily designed by Chanel, Dior, Jean Paul Gauthier, Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, Prada and the largest houses of haute couture. She also wears traditional Moroccan wear, such as kaftans. Her shoes are manufactured on order at Massaro or Fratelli Rossetti or Hogan. Her jewels come from Cartier, Chaumet, Piaget, Van Cleef. Her perfumes are from Maison Guerlain, Yves Saint Laurent or Patou.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Nobility

she is so beautiful and the clothes are very nice but don't go with the event ! we dont tolk about the colores !they are very nice , i think you inderstande me madmoiselle lilo !!!
Old 05-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Nobility

what i find to bad concerning Lalla Salma
is that she is only 29 (or 30) years old
and she has a very old style wich is not relecting age

she could be very nice in classic style yes, but with younger style of clothes
like Princess Mary, Princess Letizia, Queen Rania
theses Ladies almost seem younger than her
Old 05-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikram View Post

what i find to bad concerning Lalla Salma
is that she is only 29 (or 30) years old
and she has a very old style wich is not relecting age

she could be very nice in classic style yes, but with younger style of clothes
like Princess Mary, Princess Letizia, Queen Rania
theses Ladies almost seem younger than her

But they live in Europe and she in Marocco. Two different cultures.
But comparing her with Rania... why she don't try? Or maybe she like this little old style?
Old 05-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
But they live in Europe and she in Marocco. Two different cultures.
i'm sorry but this is not an explanation
the others Moroccan Princesses
and Millions of Morroccan women
don't have same style (what ever the style )
Old 05-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikram View Post
i'm sorry but this is not an explanation
the others Moroccan Princesses
and Millions of Morroccan women
don't have same style (what ever the style )
Yes. But next I wrote:
Quote:
But comparing her with Rania... why she don't try? Or maybe she like this little old style?
Of course try to change something in her wardrobe. Or take some fashion advice.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimae View Post
she is so beautiful and the clothes are very nice but don't go with the event ! we dont tolk about the colores !they are very nice , i think you inderstande me madmoiselle lilo !!!
yes of cours i understand what yo mean
anyway i think the most important was her presence there and the projets she inaugurates.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I actually like the fact that Salma seems to stick to classic suits when working. It looks smart and professional and is a safe look that will never go out of style.

However I find that not only does she often accessorise badly but she tends to choose colours that don't enhance her natural looks. Pastels and similar shades do nothing for her, she'd really suit deeper colours, like ambers, deep reds, etc. Plus she needs to ditch her pink obsession, it looks awful on her.

Tags
fashion and style, princess lalla salma