Princess Lalla Salma's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2005-March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is extraordinarily beautiful. Her looks are unique. No amount of makeup or designer clothes can compete with a natural beauty. It may make someone look good and groomed - true beauty can not be artificially created.

Lalla Salma is drop dead gorgeous and so elegant
I love her :p

grevinnan said:
She is extraordinarily beautiful. Her looks are unique. No amount of makeup or designer clothes can compete with a natural beauty. It may make someone look good and groomed - true beauty can not be artificially created.

Paula** said:
Lalla Salma is drop dead gorgeous and so elegant
I love her :p

YES YES and YES

azile17 [URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=168557" said:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=168557[/URL]

Here are three other outfits, all in pink, that are great as well.

Eliza

I don't know much about Princess Lalla, but in the above picture, she has an old world look about her. Her beauty is timeless, almost like long ago queen and empress.

zineb said:
i agree sabiha, to me its not only question of royal blood.
imo letizia, maxima or mary had several years professional experience behind them. they were busy women and they continue after their mariage to prove themselves and keep self esteem and satisfaction.
salma had few months offered job in a company belongs to moroccan royals. she lacks professional experience and maybe she didn't and she doesn't interact lot with public, that s why she is not confortable and tense.

Letizia ,Maxima and Mary was all married after their 32years to crown princes,Lala salma is the lonely woman who was married to a King and she was only 24,it makes huge difference,we don't know how would behave those royals if they were at her age,also an example,we all know the huge difference of Mett Marit at her 20's and what she's now.

Personally,I think that Salma's beauty is not very common,and she have something different which shines on her appearence,I ve also heared that people who approched her said that she's much more beautiful than in pictures,inlike QR of Jordan who is said not half pretty how she looks on pictures than when seen in person,so it's also a question of being photogenic.One thing which is sure,Salma is has a natural beauty and she's extremly a nice and warm person.

Also,I don't agree when it's said here that her hair is old fashionated,not all people can wear curly hair,iom it's a very modern and unusual hair style for a royal woman, she has a very nice redhair color with beautiful natural curls,maybe she have only to change the hair style time to time,and not to keep always the same style.

Last edited:
I think Princess Lalla Salma looks very unique in her thick red hair,very elegant!!!and I don't think her hair style is being old-fashioned as u can see many other queens and princesses have classical hair style!Most of the time she has light make-up when she attend the official ceremony and u guys don't noticed that!yes I agree sometimes when she wears the caftan,her make-up is too heavy but it doesn't mean that she looks ugly with that.I can say at least she is much more beautiful than some of the royal princesses.Salma is a very young mother and she loves so lovely when her son is with her!

Does some one have another news about new dresses she wears in recently? Does Lala Salma wear some marrocain designer for her clothes other than caftan (traditional dress?), that would be interesting if we can see the picture of Lala Salma in it. (I also very intterest to know Marrocain haute couture designer)

galuhcandrakirana said:
Does some one have another news about new dresses she wears in recently? Does Lala Salma wear some marrocain designer for her clothes other than caftan (traditional dress?), that would be interesting if we can see the picture of Lala Salma in it. (I also very intterest to know Marrocain haute couture designer)

Actually there is no morrocan haute couture other than the one for caftans, the moroccan traditional dresses.

Salomé said:
Letizia ,Maxima and Mary was all married after their 32years to crown princes,Lala salma is the lonely woman who was married to a King and she was only 24,it makes huge difference,we don't know how would behave those royals if they were at her age,also an example,we all know the huge difference of Mett Marit at her 20's and what she's now.

Personally,I think that Salma's beauty is not very common,and she have something different which shines on her appearence,I ve also heared that people who approched her said that she's much more beautiful than in pictures,inlike QR of Jordan who is said not half pretty how she looks on pictures than when seen in person,so it's also a question of being photogenic.One thing which is sure,Salma is has a natural beauty and she's extremly a nice and warm person.

Also,I don't agree when it's said here that her hair is old fashionated,not all people can wear curly hair,iom it's a very modern and unusual hair style for a royal woman, she has a very nice redhair color with beautiful natural curls,maybe she have only to change the hair style time to time,and not to keep always the same style.

I don't agree with you, it is isn't a question to be young or no, but to have a good taste, and the one of salma isn't good at all, lot make up, ugly hairdo, and flashy colors, she has the worst style of all the princesses; and about her beauty, her features aren't at all harmonious, and are very hard

galuhcandrakirana said:

Most of her day wear (ie. not caftans) is usually designer. For example I can recall an orange Valentino coat that she wore, because Queen Noor wore it as well.

samia said:
I don't agree with you, it is isn't a question to be young or no, but to have a good taste, and the one of salma isn't good at all, lot make up, ugly hairdo, and flashy colors, she has the worst style of all the princesses; and about her beauty, her features aren't at all harmonious, and are very hard

I agree, when it comes to her style, her sister-in-laws strike me as being alot more stylish and aware of what look good on them.

samia said:

I don't know if you are moroccan or not,but all moroccans I know,in Morocco or abroad,don't find at all the princesses elegant nor beautiful,but most of them find Lalla Salma cute and really a nice person...

Monalisa said:
I don't know if you are moroccan or not,but all moroccans I know,in Morocco or abroad,don't find at all the princesses elegant nor beautiful,but most of them find Lalla Salma cute and really a nice person...

I don't think people really question whether she's nice or not, she certainly comes across as being pleasant enough.
Her style and looks are quite average though, she really doesn't know how to dress.

Little_star said:
I don't think people really question whether she's nice or not, she certainly comes across as being pleasant enough.
Her style and looks are quite average though, she really doesn't know how to dress.

It happens that she dresses very well,much better than her sisters in law,like in the spanish visit,and at her engagement,or when she wore the pink or the purple caftans...,but she also makes mistakes,and I totally think it's due to her young age...also I think she doesn't spend lot of energy on what would be her best or appropriate style,without having a professional advice,as it seems that this is not her priorities.

But as a person,I think that she's very great,and also she's very cute and lovely,that's why i think that she was the best thing KM6 did,by taking a woman like her as a wife,and made her the first lady of Morocco.

Little_star said:
I don't think people really question whether she's nice or not,.

What I read here often,that she got non harmonious features...,and she's very plain...,and she doesn't deserve her position...but I totally disagree...

Little_star said:

it's true that often she makes mistakes, (as lasyt month with the first lady of peru, all in pink)
she isn't my favourite moroccan princess lalla meryem and hasna are more beautiful and elegant, lalla salma is kind, but as said samia she hasn't harmonious features, all is too big on her

Last edited:
Monalisa said:
What I read here often,that she got non harmonious features...,and she's very plain...,and she doesn't deserve her position...but I totally disagree...

all tastes are in the nature, for you, she is very cute an lovely, but for other she is plain
personally, as I said it often, I think that she is kind, but not pretty, she hasn't the basic features of a pretty lady, her nose, forhead, chin aren't nice at all, she has a nice eyes, but the whole isn't garcious, about her manners, I saw her maytimes on TV, and she isn't very elegant in her way to be (sorry lalla)
to finish, I can said, that, she is doing big efforts to be elegant, but unfortunatly, the result isn't always good

Monalisa said:

I don't agree with u at all ...im moroccan , i live in morocco half a year and that's not true that we don't find the princesses beautiful maybe asma but not hasna and meryem ...they are more elegant than any other princesses , and to compare Salma to the 3 others princesses is way to much :confused: ( faut jamais comparer l incomparable) ;)

Monalisa said:

Remember that TRF welcomes opinions from members of various nationalities and ethnicities on any given subject in any given forum. You don't have to be Moroccan to discuss members of Moroccan Royal Family just as you don't have to be a Danish citizen to discuss members of the Danish Royal Family.

Please express only your opinions, but you can however encourage all the other... to join the forum if they wish to express their opinions.

Mandy

Mandy said:
Remember that TRF welcomes opinions from members of various nationalities and ethnicities on any given subject in any given forum. You don't have to be Moroccan to discuss members of Moroccan Royal Family just as you don't have to be a Danish citizen to discuss members of the Danish Royal Family.

Please express only your opinions, but you can however encourage all the other... to join the forum if they wish to express their opinions.

Mandy

I didn't say that members should be moroccan to discuss Moroccan royals,but I was giving the point of view of the moroccans that I know about their first lady and about the other princesses.

I am morocan Monalisa. I find Lalla Salma very beautiful, she has very unique and beautiful features... She is a true morocan beauty... One of the typical beauties of Fez...
As far as her manners are concerned, it is true that sometimes she doesn't hold herself in a very elegant way.. I'll have to agree about the fact that she sometimes makes mistakes as far as her clothes are concerned, but remember that she didn't grow up like the other morocan princesses (and they also make mistakes in matters of style, especially meriem) in a palace where she was thaught about the latest fashions, and that's why she may not have a very good taste and sense of style. Remember that she comes from a very modest social background... I am pretty sure that she is constantly adviced on what she should be wearing, I don't think that she doesn't have someone to help her. But she also has a colection of very very very beautiful, sometimes stunning (!!!!) caftans, of a great artisanal quality! Many moroccan ladies who know something about caftans would tell you that!

Someone close to the palace told me one day that Lalla Meriem told her to change the way she styled her hair, and they had an argument, and king mohamed apparently told his sister that Salma was free to do whatever she wanted and supported his wife. I think he appreciates her how she is.

Also I would like to add that manners are not only the way you hold yourself, but also the way you talk to people, the way you interfere with them, and this is something that Salma does with very much succes. Many of those who approached her were surprised, amazed, sometimes impressed by her kindness, her respect towards others, and her presence. Maybe the photographs can't let you see that, but she has some charisma when you see her for real...

Monalisa said:

Well I don't think she's particularly attractive, but that doesn't mean I dislike her personality. I don't know her but she comes across as a nice woman. There's a difference.

isis said:
it's true that often she makes mistakes, (as lasyt month with the first lady of peru, all in pink)

I agree, she wears far too much pink and usually incredibly insipid shades that should be left to 12 year old girls. Moreover it just clashes with her hair.
isis said:
she isn't my favourite moroccan princess lalla meryem and hasna are more beautiful and elegant, lalla salma is kind, but as said samia she hasn't harmonious features, all is too big on her
Absolutely. It's not a question of whether she's a kind or not, just that she doesn't present herself well and has questionable taste in clothing, compared to other Moroccan princesses and imo isn't as attractive as some of the other Moroccan princesses.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find Lalla Salma one of the most beautiful of all royals. Her hair is simply unique and very attractive. I love it when royals wear royals wear clothes that are unique to their culture and her caftans are excuisite.

i agree with u clymène, little_star and isis.
i find her sytle busy and her hair boring and old fashion. she remembers me of the look of queen margrethe of denmark ;)
imo she needs a cut in front to soften her look and features.

when to caftans, she wears them occasionaly, not every day. i heard her wardrobe for daily use is full of french and US designers :rolleyes:

Last edited:
zineb said:
when to caftans, she wears them occasionaly, not every day. i heard her wardrobe for daily use is full of french and US designers :rolleyes:
Do you (or does somebody) know if there are some (local) well known marrocan fashion designer for casual/ daily/informal event dresses (one of poster here has stated that Marrocan doesn't have haute couture designer but i don't know for other kind of fashion). If Marrocan has, I hope the princess will suport them by wearing their creation. I think by more wearing local designer than foreign one she will be appreciated by her people.

I found this link which included information about 3 Moroccan designers, Mohammed Lakhdar, Najia Abadi and the Paris based Moroccan designer Majida Khattari
http://www.ifa.de/galerien/modewelten/eindex.htm

Mohammed Lakhdar:
http://www.ifa.de/galerien/modewelten/eindex.htm Mainly traditional caftans

Najia Abadi:
http://www.najia-abadi.com/produits.htm Again mainly caftans
http://www.ifa.de/galerien/modewelten/eabadi.htm

Majida Khattari:
http://www.ifa.de/galerien/modewelten/ekhattari.htm She designs objects rather than clothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom