The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Hideous coat.

For somebody who spends such huge amounts of money on her wardrobe she does come up with some clangers....
i agree with you little star. it's evident she spends a lot on her wardrobe (no need to see her receipts )
with all these repetitive fashion mistakes, i wonder if she has any fashion advisor. or maybe she has, but she is making her own decision.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zineb View Post
so for those who like her fashion style, we have seen you saying how wonderful what she wears even when it's not.
so please accept the fact that there are ppl who don't love her style. ppl are different, with diferrent backgrounds and tastes ... so be prepared to get different answers and opinions.
I respect every single word you say in you're post,of cours you has a different opinion,you don't like Lalla salma it's very normal ppl has different views what make the forum intersting,but you should know that as you don't like her and her style there is ppl who do like her style,so we understand and respect and accept you're opnion,so I think you should do the same and accept the others view.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrifia View Post
I respect every single word you say in you're post,of cours you has a different opinion,you don't like Lalla salma it's very normal ppl has different views what make the forum intersting,but you should know that as you don't like her and her style there is ppl who do like her style,so we understand and respect and accept you're opnion,so I think you should do the same and accept the others view.
yes shrifia, it's one topic and anyone can respond differently. neither my opinion can be like yours or yours can be like others.
to correct something you said. there is a difference between "don't like someone" or " don't like her fashion or something else".
so to me, what i don't like about salma is her fashion style and her way of doing her work. right now, i don't know that much on her so that i can like her or not. even after all these years, i see she has an excessive and extravagance taste.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
Princess Lalla Salma is often criticized for wearing frumpy, boring, hideous, ugly, etc clothing that I find quite acceptable and even attractive most of the time along with many other posters. Here's my question: how would you describe your favourite royal lady (Letizia, Rania, Mary, etc) if she were wearing apparels from Lalla Salma's "wardrobe" instead. Think about it.

When I read comments of some members who find her elegant I am surprised, but I respect their opinion because “tous les gouts sont dans la nature” as we said in French, and I can’t permit myself to say that they hide their true opinion, and said that she is elegant when they think that she isn’t, if I said a thing like this it would be a less of respect towards these respectable persons
then, let us to have our own opinions without be accused to don't be franckly.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa View Post
When I read comments of some members who find her elegant I am surprised, but I respect their opinion because “tous les gouts sont dans la nature” as we said in French, and I can’t permit myself to say that they hide their true opinion, and said that she is elegant when they think that she isn’t, if I said a thing like this it would be a less of respect towards these respectable persons
then, let us to have our own opinions without be accused to don't be franckly.

As a forum rule; Criticism is acceptable but insults and flames are not. So feel free to state what your opinion
Old 03-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

New York 2005
http://s5.tinypic.com/35n6afn.jpg
Old 03-12-2009, 07:35 AM
Royal Highness

This is nice.A light pink cocktail dress and a white-pearl jacket.Great combination.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
Pink dress is very pretty.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Tetouan 2005
http://s5.tinypic.com/2vv046p.jpg
http://s5.tinypic.com/20zu4uu.jpg
Old 03-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Royal Highness

The red jacket is lovely!Black & red is another beautiful combination.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Firstly Salma's wardrobe is almost solely Chanel or Valentino. There's a huge amount of difference between buying a coat from say Prada or Gucci (off the rack) and wearing a couture Chanel suit. Couture Chanel often costs thousands of dollars and Salma seems to wear a lot of it. Just look at the last few pages on this page alone, there's several posts of her wearing Chanel jackets.
I recall she wore only twice or three times Valentino, and if she has preference to Chanel, so what?!! all her Chanel suits are ready to wear, you won't call every tweed jacket couture!!! All first ladies like to wear Chanel, Mrs Chirac, Mrs Susanne Moubarak and even Asma Assad, if presidents' wives can offer themselves Chanel suits, so why not a king's wife, and who said a RTW Chanel suit is more expensive than a Prada or Gucci one?!! As far i know, RTW Chanel jacket worn by Salma costs around 1500$, and for example an Yves Saint Laurent saharienne, onwned by Rania in three colors, costs 2500$!, or even one of her belt costs 4500$! so that's too odd to suppose everytime she is seen wearing a tweed suit, that she spent more money than others, nobody has the right to make her wearring Prada or Elie Saab if she doesn't like to.

Quote:
Moreover Salma rarely repeats her clothes, I certainly cannot recall her doing so. So it doesn't take a genius to work out that her wardrobe is expensive.
Even if we see her rarely, and maximum once every month, she had repeated some of her suits many times, like the light green one from Valentino.
And it doesn't take a genius to work to tell that her wardrobe is not more expensive than any other first lady or royal!

Quote:
I thought Moderators were supposed to encourage people to stay "on track" where thread topics are concerned; not deliberately derail them?
Moderators are at first members like anybody else here, and they read posts, and they are supposed to be fair, the unfair hateful criticizm against Salma from some members is clear to the blind. Because they contradicte themsleves when it comes to their perefferd royals, and try to find excuses and argue always to make them perfect and admirable!
Salma might have done some mistakes, but she's fine most the time, and doesn't deserve being described awful, ugly, tacky or hidous..

Quote:
Meryem's wardrobe recently has been quite muted because of her recent weight gain. Moreover, personally her choices in colour and cut tend to be alot more muted than her sister-in-law's, her caftan choices are a good example.
Her makeup doesn't have anything to do with her weight gain.
And I don't see any relationship with he choice in what you call "garish" colours" worn by Salma and weight gain?!!, they even say that big flowers and red make a person looking more "heavy".

Quote:
I also cannot remember having a penchant for couture, like her sister-in-law
And you remember that Salma wore couture?!! I myself trying to find a couture gown or suit she wore, but i didn't find any! All her daywear are RTW, and all her evening gowns are moroccan caftans!
By the way, her sister in law Asma, has also a preference for Chanel suits and bags.

Quote:
Is that dig aimed at me?
We know Rania borrows a lot because she admitted it in an interview, moreover the hyperbole is a little pointless. Nobody has ever said she borrows everything. However, if the bulk of her eveningwear is borrowed then it is more than likely a substantial amount of her daywear is as well.
Aimed to you or to anybody who is mad, when people talk about Rania's spending on clothes and fashion!I personally don't care if she's happy with herself, but if she said that really, so she felt embarassed someday about the image she's giving and the criticizm around.
I personally don't know anything about what, when and where she talked about that, but if she really did once or two for some of her evening couture gowns, it doesn't mean she's doing for her all clothes, I am completly sure she deosn't for her daywear, and we see her everywhere everyday, wearing RDW designer clothes, even when they are very simple looking, and most of her evening gowns are couture made just for her, as they are modified or altered to make them more appropriate for her!
So you can't talk about the borrowing thing everytime that people can talk about Rania's spending on her wardrobe, which looks more like an excuse than an argument, since you decide to talk about how much Salma spends and not Rania!

Quote:
Lalla Salma may have a similar arrangement, but I would doubt it
I also doubt, God thanks she's not doing, it's not her role to make advertising for designers and behaving like a jettseter on red carpets!
Old 03-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

I thinks she almost always looks appropriatley dressed for her role, that not all colours or cuts are perfect is another thing, but you do not have to fear her comming to official engagements in shorts, jeans, cardigans or other causal garbs. She dresses like a First Lady and I like that.

I also do not follow the reasoning that first ladys/royals should dress down for visitng hospitals/children, I guess children in a hospital have been looking forward to see a Princess - maybe even one in gala gown and tiara- and when it comes a young woman in a beautiful suit and pearl necklace compared to one in pants, cardi and messy hair, the first is deffenetly closer to what they might have expected. Just my personal oppinion.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen View Post
I thinks she almost always looks appropriatley dressed for her role, that not all colours or cuts are perfect is another thing, but you do not have to fear her comming to official engagements in shorts, jeans, cardigans or other causal garbs. She dresses like a First Lady and I like that.

I also do not follow the reasoning that first ladys/royals should dress down for visitng hospitals/children, I guess children in a hospital have been looking forward to see a Princess - maybe even one in gala gown and tiara- and when it comes a young woman in a beautiful suit and pearl necklace compared to one in pants, cardi and messy hair, the first is deffenetly closer to what they might have expected. Just my personal oppinion.

Larzen, I agree. A First Lady should always go out of her way to dress as nice as possible .. that's what people want and expect to see
Old 03-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

March 15, 2009 red dress
http://img120.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=42138_sm-arrivee-roi-jordanie-g2-_122_758lo.jpg
Old 03-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

love the red dress very pretty,she look great,the bag is elegant and i liked her hair.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

She is beautiful. The dress is a Valentino.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Lalla Salma looked nice a red dress. The bright colour favourably enhanced her complexion.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

that red dress is beautiful,I think she looks gorgeous,red suit her.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Beautiful dress on Salma, color suits her and the cut is quite simple and elegent. The detailing around the opening is quite nice, adds something to the plain dress without it being out there too much.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrifia View Post
that red dress is beautiful,I think she looks gorgeous,red suit her.
would say thats my view too..thanx much for posting..

Tags
fashion and style, princess lalla salma