The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I too don't see any wrong on that,moreover I even think head of state and first ladies represent culture and heritage of their countries so wearing sush thing IMO is very good idea,so and this me of cours love and proud as moroccan to see the princesses in caftans,traditional/religious meaning jewles,i like seen rania arabic tiara,Noor necklaces....they are muslims so there is no harm to wear things show it.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Aristocracy

yes, each has to be proud of his or her culture, tradition and beliefs, but where are good manners in all these? especially when you visit another country who has other beliefs?
i think we have to be respectful and very attentive to details to not shock or offend anyone. you know, if salma visits a french school, she hasn't to wear such jewel .. as the french law doesn't tolerate it. i do like to see others do the same when they are in morocco. so what about a first lady who should be an example.

how moroccan people could percieve a foreign first lady comes to morocco showing her huge religious symbol or whatever?
yes, it's not a crime, and personally it doesn't offend me at all but the guest at high level of such visits, should be very respectful and attentive to the host country and its population. also, some countries are more attentive to these details than others.

coming back to salma necklace on those circumstances, it's really out of place.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

wearing necklaces with Allah on it ,in visits to other countries is not an invitation to be a muslim.
if foreign first lady show up to Morocco like that I wil as Moroccan have anything against nothing at all.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Courtier

Personally,I have nothing against those religious jewels but one has to be careful not not to hurt others beliefs specially in official visits abroad.
I wouldn't like to see my first lady going to a muslim,buddhist,hinduist ...country with a cross.I also wouldn't like to see my first lady with a short or a sleeveless dress when receiving a muslim king or president.
In fact,the perception of those things varies from one country to another.
That's why one has to be very careful.
I like the fact that she has worn a yellow dress in Thailand.Yellow is the color of the king in Thailand.This was a very nice gesture from her and the dress was very nice.

Does someone know what is the brand of the yellow and white jackets (with mrs Bush and queen Rania)?
Old 03-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

April 2006, Visit to Morocco of Chinese President
http://i39.tinypic.com/28hd0cw.jpg
hola
Old 03-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Courtier

Thank you salma
I wonder if it is a dress or a coat?
Old 03-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

I think is a coat.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post
Does someone know what is the brand of the yellow and white jackets (with mrs Bush and queen Rania)?
i saw something similar, but i don't remember if it's armani or valentino
Old 03-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrifia View Post
wearing necklaces with Allah on it ,in visits to other countries is not an invitation to be a muslim.
if foreign first lady show up to Morocco like that I wil as Moroccan have anything against nothing at all.
yes, i think it's not an invitation to be a muslim. all know she is from a muslim country. she was there with people from around the world with different religions, all deserve respect. so imo the necklace with Allah on it, doesn't add anything to anybody faith. and the fact she wore that one and another with coran verse in same visit, let's us think on the reason ??? plus of that, it's not appropriate to wear Allah name when you are going to a party. i don't know what's the position of islam about this subject, but the vatican made some statements on celebrities who wear the cross - a sacred symbol of the catholic faith - as a fashion accessory with diamonds and precious stones, and questioned if it was correct to spend that much on a copy of the sacred symbol of the christian faith.

i think if someone does love to wear such jewel, it should be very modest and very appropriate to events and circumstances.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

all royals in Thailand were wearing their orders and sashes you know that some has the cross on,religious details....,and they all show up to the celebrities proud of what they are wearing,i didn't hear anyone say:oh what ignorance,why they are wearing a sush religious things,it's inappropriate we already know they are christians...
i believe that they were not trying to prove their faith.
maybe it's not jewels but i think it's the same idea:show up in countries with a religious stuff that ppl there don't beleive in.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:44 AM
Majesty

Let's get back to discussing Princess Lalla Salma's Fashion and Style. Remember that religious discussions are not permitted on the forums. Princess Lalla Salma's jewelry thread can be found be here in the Jewelry Forum if you wish to discuss her necklace.

Thanks!

Mandy
TRF Admin
Old 03-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Royal Highness

That coat is lovely and her high heels very elegant.And I loved the Chinese design/pattern on the coat!
Old 03-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
April 2006, Visit to Morocco of Chinese President
http://i39.tinypic.com/28hd0cw.jpg
hola
Hideous coat.

For somebody who spends such huge amounts of money on her wardrobe she does come up with some clangers....
Old 03-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Hideous coat.

For somebody who spends such huge amounts of money on her wardrobe she does come up with some clangers....
I disagree, the coat awful it's your opinion, it has sophisticated embroidery and it's abvious the coat is ready to wear not haute couture.

And how about do you know she spent huge amounts of money on her wardrobe? did you see the bill or do you have any idea how much the coat coasts?!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Majesty

Princess Lalla Salma is often criticized for wearing frumpy, boring, hideous, ugly, etc clothing that I find quite acceptable and even attractive most of the time along with many other posters. Here's my question: how would you describe your favourite royal lady (Letizia, Rania, Mary, etc) if she were wearing apparels from Lalla Salma's "wardrobe" instead. Think about it.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

http://img194.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_438lo.jpg
Queen Paola visits Morocco.
dpapic
Old 03-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
Princess Lalla Salma is often criticized for wearing frumpy, boring, hideous, ugly, etc clothing that I find quite acceptable and even attractive most of the time along with many other posters. Here's my question: how would you describe your favourite royal lady (Letizia, Rania, Mary, etc) if she were wearing apparels from Lalla Salma's "wardrobe" instead. Think about it.
Thank's Mandy, that's what I call being fair.

I will add to the list Lalla Meryem, cuz I am always impressed when i read the same posters how much they are admirative of her fashion, style and makeup even when she put her makeup with a trowel, sorry, or when she wears exactly the same style of clothes as Lalla Salma, and don't say anything or even a word about how much coast her clothes, like if Lalla Salma, is supposed spending much more than her sisters in law, or any other royal woman, oh sorry Rania has an excuse, she borrows everything the same persons are so admirative on Letizia even when she wears a bag with a tacky safety pin, as adress!(I personally don't care if they are happy with it, but it doesn't make me mad)

Lalla Salma is even suspected by the same persons, having plastic surergy while it's clear to the blind that she didn't, and argue about those who have done really and call them natural beauties. The poor woman can't even be described having porcelaine skin, oh sorry she has some freckles, like if she has scares or so
Old 03-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
I disagree, the coat awful it's your opinion, it has sophisticated embroidery and it's abvious the coat is ready to wear not haute couture.

And how about do you know she spent huge amounts of money on her wardrobe? did you see the bill or do you have any idea how much the coat coasts?!!!
Firstly Salma's wardrobe is almost solely Chanel or Valentino. There's a huge amount of difference between buying a coat from say Prada or Gucci (off the rack) and wearing a couture Chanel suit. Couture Chanel often costs thousands of dollars and Salma seems to wear a lot of it. Just look at the last few pages on this page alone, there's several posts of her wearing Chanel jackets.

Moreover Salma rarely repeats her clothes, I certainly cannot recall her doing so. So it doesn't take a genius to work out that her wardrobe is expensive.

Quote:
I thought Moderators were supposed to encourage people to stay "on track" where thread topics are concerned; not deliberately derail them?

If comparisons are being allowed though, I don't think your particular analogy works. Salma's style is quite different to say Letizia or Rania, to use your own example. Both of those women have, broadly speaking, quite a contemporary, minimal, look. If I were to compare then I would say Salma's wardrobe was more like Princess Maxima's, which generally speaking I don't care for either, because I find alot of the colours brash and gaudy and the styles often quite mature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
Thank's Mandy, that's what I call being fair.

I will add to the list Lalla Meryem, cuz I am always impressed when i read the same posters how much they are admirative of her fashion, style and makeup even when she put her makeup with a trowel, sorry, or when she wears exactly the same style of clothes as Lalla Salma, and don't say anything or even a word about how much coast her clothes, like if Lalla Salma, is supposed spending much more than her sisters in law, or any other royal woman,
Meryem's wardrobe recently has been quite muted because of her recent weight gain. Moreover, personally her choices in colour and cut tend to be alot more muted than her sister-in-law's, her caftan choices are a good example.

I also cannot remember having a penchant for couture, like her sister-in-law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora
oh sorry Rania has an excuse, she borrows everything
Is that dig aimed at me?

We know Rania borrows a lot because she admitted it in an interview, moreover the hyperbole is a little pointless. Nobody has ever said she borrows everything. However, if the bulk of her eveningwear is borrowed then it is more than likely a substantial amount of her daywear is as well.
Lalla Salma may have a similar arrangement, but I would doubt it.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Firstly Salma's wardrobe is almost solely Chanel or Valentino. There's a huge amount of difference between buying a coat from say Prada or Gucci (off the rack) and wearing a couture Chanel suit. Couture Chanel often costs thousands of dollars and Salma seems to wear a lot of it. Just look at the last few pages on this page alone, there's several posts of her wearing Chanel jackets.
I dont recall Salma wearing couture chanel suits. Most of the are from ready to wear collection. As for Valentino, she has a mix of ready to wear and couture.

Quote:
Moreover Salma rarely repeats her clothes, I certainly cannot recall her doing so. So it doesn't take a genius to work out that her wardrobe is expensive.
I would understand why Salma doesnt recycle. She has expensive outfits which she would buy every season and not enough events to wear them too. So when an event pops up, she has a few new outfits which have not been worn. Also I think she has enough money to wear new outfits for each new event since she doenst have much events to attened too.

Salma might be wearing some of the most expensive outfits out there and I will admitt that she does have good style and does dress like a first lady IMO.

If you compare her style to Rania who is queen or to Letizia who is Crown Princess and both of them turn up to an event either school or hospital wearing casual pants and a cardigan, I doubt you would catch Salma turning up like that. She would wear a suit which might not be flattering but IMO, thats how a royal or first lady should always be presented. Abit over dressed and salma is never caught under dressed whatever the event is but doesnt play her outfits right.
Sorry for the off topic.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
first salma, rania and letizia have really different styles. i wonder if one day i can see rania or letizia wearing salma' kind of outfits or accessories. plus they don't have same body shape, hairstyle, how they handle themselves in public ... which matter a lot on the whole look.

but ... we have seen many nice outfits on models .. they look very nice. on salma they were very average. ok we know the models are professional and they know how to put things together. but often salma doesn't know how to combine things well, like:
- not matching accessories and hairdo with the outfit
- a mixture of jewels, like gold and stones .. or gold and pearls ..
- a style which don't suit her age
- heavy make-up when it's not necessary, like the whole purple make-up, jewel, suit and bag, when she visited a moroccan school .. it was really funny to see even her nail polish was purple
- it' rare to see an outfit goes well with her size. often it's tight and sometimes large!
- we have seen her wearing light suits (like Hermes) on heavy rain day or warm and dark colors suits on sunny days (like the one when she received rania last year).
- to make a long story short .. the list is long and no need to repeat what was already discussed all these years

and by far when shes attends simple events like visiting a hospital, she wears armani, chanel or Hermes, where people straggle to pay for their medicins, she goes wearing thousands of $. i feel pity for her since those poor patients doesn't matter for them what she wears or how much it's expensive. so imo she has to be modest in this point, no matter how much she can afford or if she doesn't have many occasions to show her wardrobe, humanitarian or social work shouldn't be in any way an excuse to show her excessive wardrobe

so for those who like her fashion style, we have seen you saying how wonderful what she wears even when it's not.
so please accept the fact that there are ppl who don't love her style. ppl are different, with diferrent backgrounds and tastes ... so be prepared to get different answers and opinions.

Tags
fashion and style, princess lalla salma