Princess Haya's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2007 - February 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to Princess Haya's Fashion & Style Part 1

Here are some important TRF
Community Rules & FAQ's
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
Mandy, kwanfan, Glitteringtiaras & dazzling

Good idea and good timing to open a thread for Princess Haya's fashion & style :flowers:
I have never been a fan of Haya's sense of style since I found her clothes often very old fashioned and her hair quite messy but I have to admit that there is a huge improvement since she has become pregnant. Her appearances are much better than usual and she has actually worn some very nice pieces of pregnancy wear. She looks happy and at ease and thankfully that reflects in her style. Pregnacy suits her very well and I hope that she will still have this feelgood factor when the baby has arrived and Mom is back in the public eye!

a few looks at Princess Haya's fashion

Pregnancy looks
green dress (very flattering) -- Royal Ascot 07 -- Royal Ascot 07 -- Royal Ascot 07 -- White pants & a beige top -- Black dress in NY -- Sky blue dress in Geneva -- pants & a top (flattering to some point)

Other looks
Sky blue dress -- Printed skirt & jacket -- Navy blue suit -- Skirt & Top from same fabric (suits her, though I think the skirt should be shorter)
-- a blue dress

Eveningwear
Black & white dress ( imo, I think she shouldve gone for a solid color wrap)
Eveningwear 2 (imo, this is very unflattering. I dont understand the gathering on the waist/hips)

Overall, she does dress much older than her age. Her skirts seem to be at a very unflattering length (just above the ankle). During her pregnancy, she seems to be able to look nice & not over do it. Simple dresses and casual day outfits.

Good idea and good timing to open a thread for Princess Haya's fashion & style :flowers:
I have never been a fan of Haya's sense of style since I found her clothes often very old fashioned and her hair quite messy but I have to admit that there is a huge improvement since she has become pregnant. Her appearances are much better than usual and she has actually worn some very nice pieces of pregnancy wear. She looks happy and at ease and thankfully that reflects in her style. Pregnacy suits her very well and I hope that she will still have this feelgood factor when the baby has arrived and Mom is back in the public eye!
I agree.

Haya's pregnancy style has been a vast improvement on her usual attire and she's been looking quite stylish.

Princess Haya at a charity event in Amman, 2003
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/2744498.jpg
Princess Haya wearing a beige trouser suit, December 2004
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/50991209.jpg
The Cartier International Dubai Polo Challenge, March 2006
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/57176186.jpg
A white trouser suit in Dubai, April 2006
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/57403518.jpg

Wearing traditional thobes:

Princess Haya in Duba, February, 2004
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/2927640.jpg
Visiting a school in Dubai, April 2005
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/52641116.jpg
The Dubai World Cup, March 2005
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/52482056.jpg
Attending a reception in Doha, November 2005
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/56192173.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Little Star. There are occasions when Haya's clothes are hideous and matronly, eg at Ascot once a year, with ill tailored costumes or old fashioned hats, as if she was mid fifties and not mid thirties. I never really understood that since in theory she could afford the best of best in terms of clothing & style and has a sister in law called Rania who in my opinion is one of the best dressed royals around worldwide.

Let's see what happens after she has given birth. The Dubai World Cup and the Olympics in Hong Kong will be two high profile events on Haya's agenda in 2008.

March 28, 2008 Two events in one day for Princess Haya.

Event 1 - Jeans and a pretty aqua top
picture 1 -- Top close-up

Event 2 - White flattering pants, white top & a fitted jacket matched with a slim gold belt. Overall of the outfit looks nice and very well fitted but not too sure about the jacker fabric.
full view -- close up

Let's see what happens after she has given birth. The Dubai World Cup and the Olympics in Hong Kong will be two high profile events on Haya's agenda in 2008.

Seems her come back is better than expected, Hope she keeps up with this.

Last edited:
March 29, 2008 Dubai World Cup 2008.
In a lovely light blue traditional kaftan
Picture

i like alot her traditional dress she looks fabulous the colours suit her.

I saw some of the races coverage on TV and I have to say Princess Haya was glowing, I haven’t seen her look so well in a very long time.

March 29, 2008 Dubai World Cup 2008.
In a lovely light blue traditional kaftan
Picture
That doesn't look like a caftan to me...

However Haya looks amazing! I cannot believe how much weight she's lost since having the baby, her figure is phenomenal!

Haya looks very nice, almost better than ever. If it's going to last we'll see at Royal Ascot ;)

April 27, 2008 Princess Haya at the 2007/2008 Rolex FEI World Cup™ Jumping finals.

Princess Haya in a brown/taupe skirt suit. Jacket with black trimming. I hope this isnt the start of her going back to her old sense of dressing :whistling:
Full view -- Close up
(ibl & fei)

hm not so much sense for fashion..but imho she has a good taste..beside that evening dress..which looked big too much

It seems that Pss Haya is wearing every color what I like. That brown outfit is not the best one, makes her old and shapeless. But light blue dress from post#8 was beautiful.:)

Yes, top is lovely but skirt is not for her.
I mean her legs are her problem. But she don't do nothing to herself (I think) if she wear skirt like this white for time to time.

during pregnany and after, haya looks fresh and beautiful. i always see her with a bit long skirts which unfortunately show her even shorter than she is. definitely this white skirt suits her the best, the lengt shows better her nice legs, and it's very nice for spring and summer. she looks really lovely, discret and elegant style.

I like princess Haya, she looks always happy. There are many princesses who have the name Haya, ment it something inported??

Princess Haya in Paris June 2, 2008.

A silver/grey suit with a purple top & a large purple patent leather bag which looks like Valentino. The suit is very flattering, the shade of puple worn is also very pretty. Haya hasnt been in such a perfect fitting suit IMO. The only thing I dont like is the oversized bag for the princess's figure, its simply too big for her.
Full View -- Close-Up

Also worn on June 2, 2008 for a gala was a White dress/Jordanian looking thoub which IMO was not flattering at all but the white did look good.
Pic 1 -- Pic 2

June 7, 2008 - The 2008 Derby at Epsom Race course in Surrey in a red skirt suit & a black hat. Suit is not flattering but I do like the hat, its one of her better hats.

Close Up -- Full View
(IBL)

I like the colour, she has worn red suits before. This one's quite cute actually. I agree with zineb that this is the best length of skirt for her.

Last edited:
The red suit wasn't very flattering to her legs. I wonder if she's carrying more weight in her legs since she gave birth? I was surprised when I saw the photos because I've always thought she was quite lovely, like her mother.

The hat was the best part of the outfit, very classy, even among Epsom ladies competition. The suit looked very heavy and matronly. The problem are the legs altough it's not Haya's fault. Obviously it's difficult for her to find a more flattering solution than the skirts she has worn recently or she is not aware or she doesn't care. I repeat myself but given the background she's from she could employ the best fashion advisor on the planet but obviously there is nobody around her giving appropriate advice.

The red suit wasn't very flattering to her legs. I wonder if she's carrying more weight in her legs since she gave birth? I was surprised when I saw the photos because I've always thought she was quite lovely, like her mother.
I think that her legs don't have nothing to do with her weight. Maybe she inherit her legs by genes? Doesn't they looks similar to Abdullah's legs btw?
She is beautiful woman like her mother and her legs doesn't have nothing with her beauty.

Thanks for the photos, dazzling!

The grey suit is Paris was nice and the purple shirt went with it well. I also liked the white thobe, it was simple and very elegant.

The red suit was too boxy for her but the colour suits her skintone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom