Princess Haya's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2007 - February 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Magnik, are you hinting that King Hussein passed on stumpy legs to his children? (To be fair, I have to admit I have stumpy legs, too, so I try to be careful when wearing dresses and skirts.) And I'm not nearly as attractive as the Princess. :flowers:

I think we all had a fair amount of discussion on Princess's Haya's legs therefore its time to get back on topic which is Princess Haya's Fashion & Style

Thank you!

Dazzling
Fashion Mod

Royal Ascot 2008

Princess Haya attending Royal Ascot races. This event has been one of Haya's best appearances in a row. In the past 1/4 suits have been nice.

Day 1 - June 17
A white outfit by an unknown designer. Not a bad outfit at all. White is a nice color on her. The hat is very fun and young.
Close up -- Full View

Day 2 - June 18
A yellow Valentino COuture Spring/Summer 2008 off the run way suit. This is the most falttering suit she has worn. Color is lovely. Haya matched it with a brown hat which looked nice but wasnt worn right. I think it had to be more to the side rather than the center.
Full View -- Close Up -- Hat View
and the suit off the runway

Day 3 - June 19
A white and red floral print dress and a beautiful red hat. The dress to me was nice but thought it wasnt the right choice for the races.
Close Up -- Full View

Day 4 - June 20
And another beautiful white suit by Valentino Couture spring/summer 2008. The detailing is lovely and thought it fitted very well. Haya matched this lovely suit with a black hat which im not too fond of.
Hat View -- Close Up -- Full View
and the suit off the runway. Haya went for a plain white dress rather than having the embroidery down the sides. Jacket is how it is on the runway.
(isifa, IBL, anp & style.com)

Thank you dazzling :flowers:

Overall, my favourites are Day 2 and Day 4, very nice suits, I don't like her choice of shoes though. I agree it's one of her best Royal Ascots so far and I hope Haya will pull off some nice appearances during the Olympics when all eyes will be on her during the horse events.

Thanks Dazzling! She looked great all 4 days. I really liked her Valentino outfits.

Princess Haya at The Global Humanitarian Forum in Geneva on June 24 2008 (thanks to Paty)

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/722/gas202832901539fbe2oz6.jpg

Back to the strange looks - pink blouse and black cardigan?

The forum was 2 days, day 2 Haya wore a Navy dress suit

Looks better than the day 1 outfit. Day 1 outfit might have looked better with the top not tied up. Day 2 outfit is ruined by th ebeige shoes. I have noticed Haya doesnt tend to wear very nice shoes, very granny looking same goes for bags most of the time.

The yellow suit Haya wore was lovely, the rest of the outfits were misses IMHO.

August 5, 2008 - Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein at Hong Kong Night in The Hong Kong Jockey Club in Beijing, China.

Full View -- Close up
IBL pictures

Princess Haya did pull blue cheongsam-styled dress. It is very nice of her to wear a Chinese dress. I dare to assume that there are no side slits though.

Princess Haya did pull blue cheongsam-styled dress. It is very nice of her to wear a Chinese dress. I dare to assume that there are no side slits though.

I dont like the dress though I do like the idea behind it. I think she couldve gone for something nicer and more richer looking.

I dont like the dress though I do like the idea behind it.

Yes exactly. It's not for her, too tight as she's back to the usual weight struggle, and a bit cheap looking. Same goes for her hair, going blond does not do her any favours, looks like a last minute solution when she realized that she forgot to call her stylist. Ugly shoes!

August 6, 2008 - Princess Haya at the “Giving is Winning” campaign at the Olympic Village in Beijing.

A sky blue shirt with beige pants. Seems Haya is a big fan of beige pants. I dont like the fit or the cut, does not to flatter her at all. Maybe wide pants would work better. The whole look overall isnt too bad but the color combination works better as a team uniform IMO
Picture

What is she doing? During her pregancy Haya became really nice looking with suitable clothes and good hairdos. After giving birth unfortunately she returned to the most unflattering clothes (tight pants on her figure, excuse me ?!) and badly coloured, unkempt hair.

Slenderer women, shall we say, are infinitely preferable to wear cheognsam-styled outfits. Princess Haya does not belong to this category. Princess Haya could have chosen a more embellished version of the dress. However I am not sure what it would have suited her better. She kept it simple and looked all right (not perfect). The key point is that Princess Haya showed respect for the Chinese culture by wearing this outfit. I agree with Duke of Marmalade about hairstyle and shoes.

Oct 11, 2008 - Haya in black pants and a loose silk printed white and black top.

Close Up -- Full View -- Full View 2
Haya's hair and makeup look beautiful, but that's where it stops for me. She really needs some help in the clothing department. The skirts & pants make the bottom half of her body look huge. Looser fitting pants, tops that hit right above the hip, skirts that hit right below the knee and heels! Lots & lots of heels.

Oct 12, 2008 - A Diane Von Furstenburg dress, I think she looked quite dressed down for the event comapred to everyone else.

Picture

Yes I agree and as usual nothing is really fitted. She looks like she runs into the next best Zara store, grabs something off the rail and that's it. Too bad that even expensive clothes look frumpy on Haya because she (and obviously no-one else) gives a second thought about does this outfit really work on this occasion. Plus, has Sheikh Mohammed banned all mirrors in his palaces?

I don't mind the dress on her but how awful to have your pic taken next to Queen Ranie who is just SOOOO stunning!!

Oct 12, 2008 - A Diane Von Furstenburg dress, I think she looked quite dressed down for the event comapred to everyone else.

Picture
I was waiting for a full length shot of Haya and I'm so disappointed.

Aside from the fact the outfit isn't very flattering it looks like she's heading to the event, not heading to an internationally covered concert honouring Pavarotti.

Another frumpy and matronly outfit on Haya - one of the most terrible.

Newmarket, 18/10/08

Picture

I have always liked Haya - I imagine that there are some restrictions on her clothing due to her position.
She is short and has a very voluptuous figure. It is hard to reconcile that kind of figure to couture fashion which is designed for taller women who are stick-thin and have no curves.
Her figure very much matches that of Marie Therese of Luxembourg.
Haya does always seem to wear beautiful make-up and her hair is always styled.
And she has that magnificent smile -

She is a very beautiful woman with very good taste in clothing.....including the tradiontional clothing

she's not spending too many on clothes compared to her billionaire husband. I respect her simplicity and ignoring the fact to be always looking 100% fashionable.

I really like Princess Haya in her traditional clothing. I think that she looks great in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom