Princess Diana's Hats, Headwear and Hairstyles: September 2003 - June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all so much for all the wonderful pictures of Diana you have posted, I have loved looking back and remembering her. What a stylish lady she was.

The deep crown in millinery

Diana originally began this fashion of the deep crown in hats to bring her exceptional height into proportion. It was expressly designed for her obviously.The hats dwarfs her so she has an illusion of not towering overall.
Unlike Princess Grace, Diana never wore a cartwheel brim as far as I remember which was almost Grace's trademark in flamboyant hats.
The deep crown reminds me of Mack Sennet and the silent movies and it takes a certain type of personality to be able to wear it.Gloria Swanson where are you?
I see here also in one of the aforementioned pics that Diana is thick waisted . I like her best bestin hats with a veil... they did something else again for her.
They made her look very romantic which I think she was in her heart.

Last edited:
I was wondering if, in your opinion, Diana's short hairstyle she had all her life (except during her teenage years) encouraged women to cut their hair shorter ? Do you think it created a sort of "revolution" in the world of hairstyle ?

I have noticed that Diana's hats were wider in the last years of her life. If you compared a hat of 1983 and one of 1992, it's radical. Till 1985 they were rather small (with some exceptions, like the hideous green one of Italy) and from 1986 to 1989 they were average but from 1990 to 1995, they were very wide (picture). Does anyone have an explanation ?

Last edited:
Last edited:
What a fantastic pictures. None of the crownprincesses of today even comes close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom