The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 11:31 PM
Serene Highness

Wow! I wonder whatever happened to all those shoes???? The only ones I didn't see were her Jimmy Choo flats with the distinctive v in the front. I've been looking for a pair but no luck, thus far. Would anyone have any suggestions where to look?

Thanks,

Mary Shawn

Old 05-20-2004, 10:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by maryshawn@May 19th, 2004 - 10:31 pm
Wow! I wonder whatever happened to all those shoes???? The only ones I didn't see were her Jimmy Choo flats with the distinctive v in the front. I've been looking for a pair but no luck, thus far. Would anyone have any suggestions where to look?

Thanks,

Mary Shawn
Princess Diana wanted famous shoe designer because she was popular Princess the designer chose her! since 1995 i think so! in Jimmy Choo make shoe designer for Diana on special occasion. She been collection Jimmy Choo high heels shoes since her marriage to Prince Charles and she divorces to Prince Charles.

Sara Boyce

Old 05-25-2004, 08:11 PM
Serene Highness

What kind of bag is this? Does anyone know? It's at http://www.lestribunesroyales.com/forums/u...-1072394458.jpg. Page 2 on Diana's shoes.......the beige bag with locklike clasp.

If you have any ideas, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.

Mary Shawn
Old 05-30-2004, 02:02 AM
Gentry

so what did she wear on her wedding?
Old 05-30-2004, 11:32 AM
Royal Highness

Just a note--Diana and Charles are the same height. During the marriage when she appeared with him, she wore little heels so as not to look taller than him. Once separated, she went for the 3 inch glam shoes by Jimmy Choo.

I do agree, there is no such thing as comfortable 3 inch heels--I avoid them at all possible costs!! :P
Old 06-25-2004, 01:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by micas@May 4th, 2004 - 10:12 am
Just with that informatin is all very vague. Give some events or dates

I found this one

http://pro.corbis.com/images/AADS002916.jp...1-3aca1aaae8d5}
THAT IS IT!!!!! Do they make it anymore? Does it have a name? Great work and much appreciated. Thank you.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:16 PM
Serene Highness

Diana's incognito friend who was only revealed after her death was designer Lana Marks of Palm Beach. She designed a bag for Diana and named it after her. I looked it up--and can we spell "pricey?" I called and the small version was $7000.00 USD! I mean, it's gorgeous, especially in blue, but I never saw the Princess wear it.......

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...id=62294&stc=1

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...id=62295&stc=1

A present from Mme. Chirac in Paris. Diana wore various versions--large and small--a lot. I've seen the bag up close and frankly it is beautiful but glad I wasn't one of those who waited 2 years and paid $2100.00 for it. It certainly didn't suit me! But looked great on Diana.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bag_princess3.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	62294   Click image for larger version

Name:	55.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	62295  
Old 12-07-2004, 06:58 AM
Commoner

Here's some I found.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	62466   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	62467   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	62468   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	62469  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	62470   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	62471   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	62472   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	62473  

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	62474   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	62475  
Old 12-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
Thank you all for your input. Reading more about this, the Princess favored chanel bags, gucci and versace, plus the infamous Lady Dior.......Here's an image of one I'm looking for that was often worn because it was small enough not to interfere with the "line" of the outfit and was very pretty. Chanel no longer makes it; you have to look for it on vintage late 80's, early 90's sites.

OK, can't figure out how to add photo. Here's the description--small black chanel bag with large diamond stiching and the CC logo embroidered right into the fabric. It has the standard chanel gold/black chain. If anyone knows how to insert photos, that would give all of you a much better idea of what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Mary Shawn

PS She wore it a lot after separation from Charles when she seemed to embrace haute couture from other countries. Again, if I could pass on the photos it would help.
That is interesting cuz did not she once describe the CC logo as the initials for Charles and Camilla?
Old 09-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Serene Highness

In Tailand 1988
In Arabia, 1986
From Jayne Fincher

Princess Diana Arriving at the Ballet 06/05/1990
In Nigeria 03/15/1990
In London 1997
In London, 1996
In London, 1993
From Tim Graham - Corbis, majesty
Old 10-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Serene Highness

Some shoes used by Diana
London, 1993
London, 1996
Old 11-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wow the Jimmy Choo shoes she wore are probably still in style today.

The Princess' legs looks so killer in these photos.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:46 PM
Nobility

She never wore enough "grand jewelry" for my tastes...I wanted to see her dripping in diamonds....and I thought the diamond heart necklace given to her in 1982 by Prince Charles, although "sweet" was not "grand" enough for popping out the heir to the throne....
Old 02-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
She never wore enough "grand jewelry" for my tastes...I wanted to see her dripping in diamonds....and I thought the diamond heart necklace given to her in 1982 by Prince Charles, although "sweet" was not "grand" enough for popping out the heir to the throne....
I agree ; we never saw her wearing alot of jewelry. But I don't think she really liked it. I heard that tiaras gave her headaches ...

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 09-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Commoner

Okay handbag experts, I need your help!!! The photo below (credit gfg02 from a few posts above), can anyone tell me who makes (made) this handbag? Thanks!

http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=30gw8.jpg
Old 09-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
I would say Chanel. On this picture, the chain is really similar.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 09-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Karen View Post
Okay handbag experts, I need your help!!! The photo below (credit gfg02 from a few posts above), can anyone tell me who makes (made) this handbag? Thanks!

ImageShack - Hosting :: 30gw8.jpg
I'm almost sure it's Chloe. I used to have a Chloe bag very similar to that one only black. I believe mine was from 1996 collection.
Sorry, I just had a look at my bag. It's not Chloe, it's Versace. It's from one of his last collections. And it's exactly like Diana's. So I'm perfectly sure her's was Vercase as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth
I would say Chanel. On this picture, the chain is really similar.
I don't think it can be Chanel - the flap doesn't look like Chanel flap although the chains are similar.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Commoner

Thank you!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn View Post
What kind of bag is this? Does anyone know? It's at http://www.lestribunesroyales.com/forums/u...-1072394458.jpg. Page 2 on Diana's shoes.......the beige bag with locklike clasp.

If you have any ideas, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.

Mary Shawn
Have a look at this link. When you get the the part describing 18K Yellow Gold Tank Francaise watch. Is this the beige bag that you are talking about? If so, it's a Gucci Kelly bag. I have the bag in dark brown.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is her bag still in style, it looks like a classic..