Princess Clotilde of Savoy's Fashion and Style Part 1: December 2007 - March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, she's anything but boring. I love her fashion! And Clotilde, as an actress, celebrity and as a woman who has made a name of her own, is always willing to try out something new. Which is great! I just don't think that the last b&w outfit was ideal for her.

Eeerhhh... this is a royal forum, to discuss members of the Royal Houses in the world, so I use another framework to "judge". I think the attitudes, the outfits and the exposure of Clotilde would cause serious problems amongst the ruling Royal Houses because dignitas, patrimonium and content has been sold, purely for shallow celebrity status.

Imagine the Duchess of Cambridge wearing this during a TV interview.

Imagine Queen Mathilde wearing this for an Achievement Award ceremony.

Imagine Queen Máxima honouring the firm Chopard with her attendance, wearing this.

Of course, Clotilde is no member of a ruling family. She is a de jure "Crown Princess of Italy" ignoring the feud with the Savoia-Aostas. Her colleagues are the Duchess of Vendôme, the Princess of Prussia, the Crown Princess of Romania, the Duchess of Bragança, etc. At least the "colleagues" have understood the difference between celebrity and representing a prestigious House with generations and generations of patrimonium, to keep its dignity and prestige.

Maybe the Duchess of Vendôme would also love to visit red carpet after red carpet after red carpet. It is her "duty" however to help her spouse with the immense task to preserve the fantastic Château Royal d'Amboise for her House, amongst other properties, for her own children. Thát is hardworking royal life. Not the unbearable lightness of being "Princess Coltilde"...

:sad::ermm::ohmy:

:flowers:

Last edited:
Actually I think that Clotilde's choice in fashion is quite good. She is an actress and model, therefore she knows (most of the time), how to dress her body. And I don't think she's trying to be anything that she isn't. She doesn't usually go by her title, but her name. I've grown pretty found of her over the years.

Yes, your (Duc_et_pair) opinion is clear

:flowers:

Actually I think that Clotilde's choice in fashion is quite good. She is an actress and model, therefore she knows (most of the time), how to dress her body. And I don't think she's trying to be anything that she isn't. She doesn't usually go by her title, but her name. I've grown pretty found of her over the years.

Ah... but then we are in the wrong forum, not discussing a Princess of the House of Savoy but an actress. Ah, then it is okay. I understand. Anyway, maybe it is good that she kees the red carpets warm. Last week in RAI (Italian public broadcaster) there was an item "matrimonio in crisi": the couple seem to lead practically separated lives for a long time. Emanuele Filiberto seems to have a relationship with Emilie-Sophie Pastor (the mega-rich Pastors are often dubbed "Monaco's second dynasty").

She is an actress and model. That explains everything. Clotilde, married to a Prince of the ancient and respected House of Savoy, does not behave like a royal lady but always and ever goes into "model mode" (head tilted, goldfish lips, shoulders a bit rotated, legs crossed strategically and looking into the camera, preferrably with seducing eyes). See the would-be Queen of Italy, and here and here and here. So maybe you can imagine how the Italian high and mighty, the Borgheses, the Borromeos, the Aldobrandinis, the Orsinis, etc. look to that couple. Another criticism is the absolute shallowness of the events Clotilde attends: anything which has no red carpet lined with shouting paperazzi seems not interesting for madame. Her husband, Emmanuele Filiberto, is even more shallow and superficial, contending in shows like "Dancing With The Stars" or reality shows. In contrary to other non-reigning royal houses like Romania, Portugal or France, the Savoys seem to have zero interest in their immense patrimonium, in preserving their heritage, in maintaining the high dignity and respect the House once had.

The "other side" Prince Aimone and Princess Olga di Savoia-Aosta (née of Greece) try to maintain a more traditional appearance. The Prince has served in the Italian Navy and is now in the board of Pirelli Russia/Scandinavia, mainly residing in Moscow. His spouse Princess Olga has given birth to two sons and a daughter. In due time (Emmanuele Filiberto and Clotilde have no sons) the headship of the House will go to Prince Aimone and then his eldest son Prince Umberto (painting by his mother Princess Olga). Here Prince Umberto with his brother Prince Amedeo.

:sad::ermm::ohmy::whistling:

Tell us how you REALLY feel.

I only wish that I could write as well as Duc_et_Pair! She/he is extremely knowledgable and entertaining, as well. I, for one, am enjoying her posts on Clotilde immensely.

Time to close this thread. Thanks for all your contributions! The new thread ca be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom