Princess Claire's Fashion and Style Part 1: July 2007 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any better close up of her earrings?
She's too orange.

Last edited:
I think Claire has looked absolutely stunning the last couple of events, the black and white dress and the orange dress look beautiful on her.

The cut of the white dress is stunning, very flattering but something looked abit weird of the shade of white of the top & lower part, it seems that the dress cuts her.

The orange dress was beautiful, very fun & elegent.I really liked the fullness of the it.

Aha...! Finally a Belgian Royal female wearing the sash! Princess Claire is the first woman in this family that I have seen wearing one. I never saw HM Queen Fabiola wear one, and I don't think I have ever seen Queen Paola or Princesses Mathilde and Astrid wear one either.

I wonder why not?

Aha...! Finally a Belgian Royal female wearing the sash! Princess Claire is the first woman in this family that I have seen wearing one. I never saw HM Queen Fabiola wear one, and I don't think I have ever seen Queen Paola or Princesses Mathilde and Astrid wear one either.

I wonder why not?

Princess Mathilde has worn the sash of the Order of Leopold at the danish Crown Princely wedding and at the Diamond Jubilee of King Bhumibol.

I find Princess Claire to be refreshing and natural. Her style is mostly classic - not flashy. She has a great figure, but she shows restraint and doesn't flaunt it.
Even for a gala evening, she wears her hair very natural and looks terrific.
Can't the BRF give her a nicer tiara to wear? The one that she wears is so dinky looking.
Astrid could take some lessons from Claire fashion-wise.
Claire also looks like she is a very nice person - Prince Laurent is a very lucky man.

I find Princess Claire to be refreshing and natural. Her style is mostly classic - not flashy. She has a great figure, but she shows restraint and doesn't flaunt it.
Even for a gala evening, she wears her hair very natural and looks terrific.
Can't the BRF give her a nicer tiara to wear? The one that she wears is so dinky looking.
Astrid could take some lessons from Claire fashion-wise.
Claire also looks like she is a very nice person - Prince Laurent is a very lucky man.

Princess Claire really does have a natural elegance and looks great most of the time. Laurent really lucked out, I never would have expected him to marry someone like that given his rather rowdy behavior in the past. He chose well.

Poor Astrid is better than she was when she was very young...she has slimmed down and seems to take more care with her makeup and her hair, as well as her fashion choices.

Princess Claire has a natural elegance and ease about her. Laurent on the other hand always looks like a crumpled kleenex, in my opinion

Celebration of the 80th birthday of Queen Fabiola

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2008/PPE08060341.jpg

@ Princess Eleonore's baptism

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0fGc3MZ3IP1uH/610x.jpg

daylife.com

Belgian Royal Family Photosession - June 17, 2008

She seems to love this collar style. It's similar to the one she wore at Eleonore's baptism. I love the look too ;)

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/3766/9585286vo8.jpg

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/2719/9584814ue0.jpg

originally posted by stephanievl

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Claire will wear this outfitt during the national day from Stijn Helzen, a Belgian designed who also dresses Robbie Williams, Jean-Claude Vandamme and aslo designed the costumes for Spiderman and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Claire even posed with the outfitt for publicity pictures
Picture details
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/9812553.jpg
Picture details
Picture details

Her handbag has the shape of Belgium
Picture details

I liked the outfit. Looks pretty cool but elegent. The bubble hem skirt looks very well made. Im not too sure about the collar being that wide but doesnt look too bad. That hat is a nice choice, doesnt take the attention away from her outfit.

My opinion about Princess Claire's outfit is ambiguous. The jacket and skirt are perfectly/professionally tailored. On the other hand, colour-blocks and really, really wide collar paired with an explosion of an cobweb veil look somewhat awkward. It is not what I would call "couture-restrained and refined".

Last edited:
Her outfit looks ok , nice colour , nice bag but I don't think that this hat is a good choice.

I liked the outfit. Looks pretty cool but elegent. The bubble hem skirt looks very well made. Im not too sure about the collar being that wide but doesnt look too bad. That hat is a nice choice, doesnt take the attention away from her outfit.

I like this outfit. It looks nice on Claire, but the veil on the hat is not attractive. I think that it is a bit distracting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Claire as of late, has started to dress abit different, but not yet bizzare. It seems to me that the wives of the second in line princes allow themselves some sort of eccentric dressing, Laurientine, Claire, Fergie (many years back) Martha louise is the second in line, and our very new Princess Marie. It's not a fact, just an interesting observation.

She looks so much better without that "bridal" concoction she put on her head during the defilee.

With hindsight, I have to say that the bubble skirt and headpiece "killed" this outfit for me. The outfit was too busy. If she wore a simple straight skirt and headpiece, it would have accentuated the Mondriaan-picture-themed jacket.

Princess Claire will wear this outfitt during the national day from Stijn Helzen, a Belgian designed who also dresses Robbie Williams, Jean-Claude Vandamme and aslo designed the costumes for Spiderman and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Claire even posed with the outfitt for publicity pictures
Picture details
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/9812553.jpg
Picture details
Picture details

Her handbag has the shape of Belgium
Picture details

The jacket looks like a Mondriaan picture!!

That's a really interesting jacket, it reminds me of windows designed by Frank Lloyd Wright (here's a picture of one owned by the Museum of Modern Art in New York).

I'm not loving the bubble skirt, it doesn't seem to be doing much for her. I think the outfit could look more polished with a crisp tailored white skirt (maybe a pencil skirt?). The hat is ok in idea, but if the tulle was a little shorter, maybe half as long, would probably look better. I like that she is taking chances with her fashion though.

I agree that's nice dress but Ithink that not for her. Maybe if it would be longer and in other colour (maybe red) it would look better... Her legs on some photos doesn't look good in this dress.

The blue-white dress with an abstract pattern looked all right on Princess Claire. I wish the dress were a bit longer to cover her knees.

Pics 4.10.2008

Belgium's Princess Claire and Prince Laurent and Studio 100 manager
Gert Verhulst pictured during the premiere of the musical 'Daens' in
Antwerp, on Saturday 04 October 2008.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Pics 7.10.2008

First pics from tonight ?

Prince Laurent and Princess claire pictured on the red carpet at the
entrance of Gent FilmFestival, for the opening of the 35th edition of
Gent Music Film Festival, Tuesday 7 October 2008, in Gent

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Status