Princess Claire's Fashion and Style Part 1: July 2007 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Claire of Belgium pictured on the podium during the military parade in Brussels,

Pic 1 - Pic 2

Claire's dress is beautiful, but imo not for a parade. She looks overdressed compared to the other ladies.

She's a beautiful woman, but some of her past National outfits are a little out there. Not in the Mabel kind of way but enough to make you go WHAT?! Which is weird because she always seems so appropriately dressed.

I think the dress is beautiful on her and when you put her beside Queen Paola and Princess Mathilde, it fits right in. Don't just compare her to Princess Astrid, who is in uniform!

I really admire how Princess Claire has made this annual event (where she is required to attend, and to dress up!) into an occasion to showcase the work of an up and coming Belgian fashion designer. Who knows- she might not like some of the outfits herself, but continues to wear and promote Belgian fashion.

The neckline on this dress is particularly beautiful on her.

The dress is beautiful, but too much for the parade. I love the fascinator in her hair.

Love the colour on her and it is very fifties I like it.

Beautiful dress, awful colour! I disliked the fascinator and the bag. OMG, what was she thinking? She rarely disappoints me that much...

I second that, NoorMeansLight. I was particularly disappointed by the dress's colour because the photos in the article about Claire's last fitting appointment with the designer in Royals magazine (see posts 221 and 222) suggested a completely different colour due to the purple hat with an orchid on its top which was shown there. Hence this "new" and not really inspiring fascinator surprised me as well. The bag, in turn, looks rather good i.m.o..

Princess Claire Coombs at the Belgian National Day animations in Brussels wearing soft pink!
Pic 1
Pic 2

It's a lovely dress but it looks more for a gala event than a parade.

I like the camel coat and the bag. The rest looks too ordinary and plain, IMO.

It's an elegant suit. I like its colour a lot and I like it on Claire in general. The up-do is interesting, but IMO, it makes her look too severe. Maybe it's because she needs to dye her hair, it looks way too dull and washed-out.:ermm:

I think that this is one of the best outfits that she has worn and she looks great! If she had a matching fur beret it would had been perfect, imo.

Love Love this suit! Such a waste for me who lives in FLorida and vacations somewhere warm but I would so love this in colder climates. Perfect!!

Princess Claire looked nice. I am keen on her wearing boots though.

It's an elegant suit. I like its colour a lot and I like it on Claire in general. The up-do is interesting, but IMO, it makes her look too severe. Maybe it's because she needs to dye her hair, it looks way too dull and washed-out.:ermm:

Yes I noticed that about her hair, needs a dye .

Love the suit.

and Princess Claire pictured during a special festive session on the occasion of King's Feast, at the federal parliament, in Brussels, Monday 15 November 2010

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/4151/15nov2.jpg
Picture details
Picture details

This was a really nice look, I liked the warm colors of the top & skirt. The cut was very flattering.

Here you can see the whole look (not very clear although)
Photo from Reuters Pictures
Picture details

A very nicely tailored suit. The black fur collar is a great contrast with the white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom