Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 9: July 2013 - October 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she had been wearing pants, slacks, or whatever you want to call trousers the outfit would look OK but she is wearing what appears to be leotards or tights and that looks strange at an international event with heads of state and she is the wife of a head of state.

Goodness me! We all get very excited when we disagree!
Anyway, I shall change my wording - rather than inappropriate I shall say I found Charlene's Obama meeting outfit a bit weird. Not "Good grief, woman! Cover yourself up immediately" kind of weird but the "Hmm, I wonder why that person is wearing a ski jacket when everyone else is walking around in bikinis" kind of weird. Mildly perplexing.
As for International Doyenne of Protocol - I like that. I want the job! It appeals to my mini inner dictator. Where do I apply?

September 29, 2013 - Charlene attended the Akris Spring 2014 show in Paris.

She looked great! I really liked her hair style. I wish she styles her hair like this more often.

Full view ** Close up

Yep, she does look good in that pic.

wow, looking great!
Bye Bine

Last edited by a moderator:
Dressing like that shows a lack of respect to your hosts, your setting and the occasion and a real lack of judgment.

Well, I do not believe that Charlene calls up a boutique and asks them to provide her a dull,boring,inappropriate outfit because she does not like the people she is meeting and she would like to express her disrespect through her styling :whistling:
I would rather guess that she has been dressing the way she did because she had many issues that were worrying her more than the choice of dress for the next event. I have really loved her pre-engagement style,very pretty and ladylike,but recently her dresses are reflecting her obvious lack of joy & happiness. It is really sad to see her so unhappy, she is rarely seen smiling or enjoying herself at the official functions in Monaco. Charlene is often criticised for her poor French and I do not think that she is feeling comfortable in her public role and being away from South Africa...

Woah! princess Cjarlene is wonderful at the fashionshow of Akris. i like her dress and her hair style

She looks wonderful at the fashion show.

Charlene looks lovely...smart and chic. Her hair is styled nicely and she is wearing earrings, a sparkly bracelet, and her wedding ring. Her make-up is soft and pretty. One couldn't ask for anything more.

Charlene looks lovely...smart and chic. Her hair is styled nicely and she is wearing earrings, a sparkly bracelet, and her wedding ring. Her make-up is soft and pretty. One couldn't ask for anything more.

I agree she looks lovely. Well done.

Yep she looks great- hair lovely, jewellery just the right touch. Which makes me wonder why she can't get it right when it really matters.

She looks fabulous - love the neckline on the dress. Hair is very flattering too.

Great dress and the color blocking and the cut if FABULOUS! The jacket is very nice and she looks wonderful.

This is a very nice and elegant look. I really love the dark shade of blue. It suits Charlene's complexion.

NowTHAT is how she should have looked to meet the Obamas. If she had, there wouldn't have been the reaction there was. I think that's the most jewelry we've seen on Charlene since her first Red Cross Ball where she wore the Ocean Tiara in necklace form.

As someone else said, Charlene is the wife/Princess Consort of a Head of State/Ruling Prince. The way she looked to meet the Obamas was not only embarrassing period, but also embarrassing for her husband and her Country. It's long past time for her to start dressing the way she should for events like this.

What really blows my mind, is why certain people around here don't seem to get that. You don't go to meet the President and First Lady of the United States at an Official Reception looking like you would for a Concert or a night out at the Clubs. It's not that hard a thing to figure out, but some around here sure can't seem to get it and other than stirring the pot, I just don't understand that. Especially as it's not that hard a concept to figure out.

She looked fine, no one took exception, except those who never go to anything like that in their lives and can be judgmental.

She looked fine, no one took exception, except those who never go to anything like that in their lives and can be judgmental.

I commented on her clothing not character. This is a fashion thread. I happen to really like Charlene, just not the CLOTHES she wore to see the President. I don't know why some of you continue to beat this very dead horse. You are judging by the snarky tone of your comment, so how about we move on and some of you stop overreacting to us who did not care for her outfit? Jeez.

Last edited:

Perfection. Every element of her coiffure, makeup, clothing and accessories fit together perfectly. Exactly What the wife of a head of state wants to accomplish when
she attends a public event. Charlene is so pretty and continues to develop her own individual fashion style. Occasionally her choices are edgy and work and sometimes her choices don't work. But I have to give her a lot of credit for not looking like a fashion runway victim or an expensive jet set trophy wife.

Last edited:
Perfection. Every element of her coiffure, makeup, clothing and accessories fit together perfectly. Exactly What the wife of a head of state wants to accomplish when
she attends a public event. Charlene is so pretty and continues to develop her own individual fashion style. Occasionally her choices are edgy and work and sometimes her choices don't work. But I have to give her a lot of credit for not looking like a fashion runway victim or an expensive jet set trophy wife.

I totally agree - this is one of the times where she got everything right, she looks magnificent.

She looks wonderful at the Akris fashion show. Lovely dress, lovely hair and makeup, even wearing a delicate bracelet and earrings.

It is, shall we say, interesting, that she appears more polished and appropriate at this fashion show than she did at the Swedish royal wedding or at the reception with the president of the United States.

Ahem.

I cannot agree with you...she is all in black, maybe a little colour will enhance her... with a horrible Jacket and flats....not a smart look for a fashion show in my opinion...

I like the cut of the dress andd the coat but they are black nothing special and the flats .. what is with that higher heel would have been better IMO I mean it's nice and it's black ....and I agree it's a fashion show .. I am just not sure that she knows what he own style is and someone siad in an ealier post there is no joy in these outfits and I think that person is correct.

Here's yesterday's outfit without the coat - nice black and blue dress and great hair!

** Full view ** Upper part ** Another closer pic with the coat **

September 29, 2013 - Charlene attended the Akris Spring 2014 show in Paris.

She looked great! I really liked her hair style. I wish she styles her hair like this more often.

Full view ** Close up

The dress is very interesting, and I like the interesting neckline, but she styled it completely wrong. The flats don't work with that dress and the jacket thingy is ugly and way too big for her. It would have looked way better with heels.

For once I like her hair though. And she even wears jewelry. Too bad she can look like that for the fashion show but not when she meets the Head of the State or to the Swedish wedding (which, in my opinion, were more important events than the fashion show). I have to agree on that with Queen Christina. Guess that shows ones priorities.

Personally I think that dress would have been better for meeting the Obamas, while the pantsuit she wore would have been better for the fashion show.

She looked very nice at the Akris show. Simple but nice. And I loved her hair.

Love the handbag! Not quite sure about the lipstick though...

Paris Fashion week has Princess Charlene attending the Louis Vuitton show last night.

I'm in love with her handbag but I'm not impressed by her outfit. It's not awful, just uninteresting. I prefer her hair from the other day.

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6612/i1q3.jpg

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/498/b90q.jpg

Have to agree with you on the handbag, it's about one thing I like in her outfit. Very plain and boring. The hair sticking up is does not do her any good and the lipstick is ugly, does not look good on her at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom