Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 9: July 2013 - October 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She happens to be a stunning woman and never dresses like a clown, which the other ladies from Monaco, have done frequently. She is, almost, always, elegant. She could use a bit of jewelry and I cannot say I love each outfit, but she is, always, elegant and well put together. Save your pity for the others.

Yes, I know that, but you missed my point too. While Caroline's dress isn't the greatest, she still looks amazing and leaves Charlene in the dust simply due to a pair of earrings, properly applied makeup and nicely styled hair. Charlene is the Princess Consort of Monaco. It's long past time for her to look her role at occasions such as this. I really thought someone would have said something after her appearance at Madeleine and Chris's Wedding where she stood out like a sore thumb, but after seeing these photos, obviously not.

I cringe at the thought of what she has in store for us for the Red Cross Ball later this week.

You know...I think a big part of the reason I've become so shocked first and now saddened at the sad state of Charlene's...fashion style is due to this : she's an Olympian for crying out loud!! If there is anyone out there who knows about the importance of looking good in order to make a good impression because you are also a representative of your Country on the World Stage, then it's an Olympian. So you would think Charlene would at the least make an effort based on that experience and knowledge, but instead we're seeing the exact opposite.

Why is anyone's guess, but.it's starting to get past the point of Charlene needing time to find her feet. There's no excuse for no makeup when attending a Ball like this. None at all.

As I said, I am not looking forward to seeing what's coming later this week and I really wish I didn't feel that way. :(

I agree with your frustration, but lets look at the positive: she wore a color (not the brightest, but a color nonetheless) that wasn't beige or black; her makeup is clean and she's gorgeous, so presumably not a whole lot is required; and she didn't have a doily around her neck. So, because I've resolved to be more positive, I will count this as a success.

.It was very like "Charlene who?", as thanks to no makeup and combined w/the colour of the gown and... She just seemed to disappear.

ITA w/whomever said it earlier in the thread where the "trying for a minimalist look" explanation has long gone past it's Best Before date and now it's either laziness or not really wanting to be there so why bother making an effort. JMO, but something is not right here and I just have a feeling there's more going on here, but what that is...!?!

Tiggersk8 I took some of your post out.
You stated above what I have been thinking (since Princess Charlene cut her hair and stop wearing jewelry) something is going and only time will tell what.

Perhaps the Princess likes it natural... She does have gorgeous skin!

I am beginning to think that Princess Charlene's newest fashion accessory IS her skin. I know that sounds odd. But that is my latest conclusion to her latest favorite trend. She is very attractive and her skin is nearly flawless. Charlene avoids heavy dark makeup and her makeup artist person seems to strive for an almost natural look, as if just to accentuate Charlene's features, not cover her features over with heavy makeup or a particular trendy affect.

In the past, Charlene has tried various makeup trends and looks. Charlene has a cameleon quality about her looks, she can look so distinctly different with hairstyles and makeup. Perhaps after trying so many different looks she just wants be herself.

With so much attention, scrutiny and criticism it has to be daunting to step out into the public eye and in front of all of Monaco looking and dressing the part of a new princess. There has to be a lot of pressure to look or dress in a certain way, speak a new language perfectly, follow vintage royal protocol and fit into Monaco's society. So she just presents herself as she is, not trying to look like anyone or anything else than just Charlene.

Her sense of style continues to develop. I've noticed that when she finds an outfit or accessory that appeals to her she has several or repeats a look, like capes, boots with tights, the same dress in different colors, etc.... Now the trend that she taken with is a nude natural minimalist sheer clean clear......

Older women need more makeup and accessories. Younger women can get away with "less is best" in regards to makeup and accessories. Maybe she is just having fun with a new personal favorite fad.

Last edited:
And you know what IMO made it even worse? Standing beside her sister in law. Princess Caroline looked incredible to begin w/,but when standing beside Charlene...It was very like "Charlene who?", as thanks to no makeup and combined w/the colour of the gown and... She just seemed to disappear.

ITA w/whomever said it earlier in the thread where the "trying for a minimalist look" explanation has long gone past it's Best Before date and now it's either laziness or not really wanting to be there so why bother making an effort. JMO, but something is not right here and I just have a feeling there's more going on here, but what that is...!?!

One thing I do know? If I was a citizen of Monaco and seeing the way the Princess Consort of my Country presented herself on the World Stage, sadly and honestly I'd be horribly embarrassed

Really? I think this is one of Charlene's best looks! And honestly, my first impression of Caroline's outfit was that she was wearing lace curtains a la Scarlett O'Hara!

Charlene attended the charity gala of the German Internatonal Club of Monaco on July 30, 2013, recycling her golden Akris dress:

** Pics ** May 2011 **

And you know what IMO made it even worse? Standing beside her sister in law. Princess Caroline looked incredible to begin w/,but when standing beside Charlene...It was very like "Charlene who?", as thanks to no makeup and combined w/the colour of the gown and... She just seemed to disappear.

I agree with you: Charlene seems to have a preference for beige and pale colors which do not help her complexion, extremely pale as is, at all. Honestly, the haircut is not very becoming either, but I guess it must be practical. We should cut her some slack as it has to be difficult to be constantly compared to Caroline, who is always top-notch haute couture.
And yes, most of the times, Charlene does not look as if she belonged.

Charlene was very elegant and beautiful at the gala of the C A I , she knows very what it fits her very well.

For the love ball all the fashion sites said she was stunning with her dress, they were so many that I could not published them.

She was also very elegant and chic at the gala of CAI thuesday evening.

I recall you that she suceeds to organize for the first time a fashion show in May of the house Dior.and all the sites of fashion said it was a sucess.

Some are always critizing her they don't like her style ok thy are a little old fashion, they wrotte rules of fashion for the royal princess but other people and professionel people praise her style. She wants to do monaco a fashion town as Paris , Milan, and i think she will succeed.

Next year , there will be a race of elegant cars on the place of the palace and Charlene will be the president.

Charlene attended the charity gala of the German Internatonal Club of Monaco on July 30, 2013, recycling her golden Akris dress:

** Pics ** May 2011 **

OH MY GOD - she is wearing EARRINGS - take out the Champagne!!!!!
Good look!
Bye Bine

She happens to be a stunning woman and never dresses like a clown, which the other ladies from Monaco, have done frequently. She is, almost, always, elegant. She could use a bit of jewelry and I cannot say I love each outfit, but she is, always, elegant and well put together. Save your pity for the others.
Thank you Countess! Princess Charlene is beauutiful standing next to all. Princess Charlene is reserved and so far prefers no jewelry and that is because she is the jewel in the crown.

Thank you Countess! Princess Charlene is beauutiful standing next to all. Princess Charlene is reserved and so far prefers no jewelry and that is because she is the jewel in the crown.

Yep, she's a pretty stunning swimmer. :)

Yeah right, lame attempt IMO. I don't care if she is a princess of not, any lady with sense know not to leave your bare shoulders neck and chest empty like that, Princess or not.

^^^^^
Really?!? Is that in some sort of official rule book?? I really do wish that when these rule books are written they get passed out to everyone instead of just a few select few.

The colour of the dress is the only good thing in this outfit. I would like to see her in something else than in a strapless gown. And I'm very sad to see Charlene now wearing earrings, when she didn't want to wear any jewellery or sash at the wedding where she was invited by the swedish king.

Princess Charlene at the Red Cross Ball this evening, August 2nd, finally wearing a strong colour again! A fresh summer look, nice!

Yes, it's nice to see her wear color and earrings! Wow. Now the next step would be to get her out of the standard red-carpet strapless dress. :D

The colour of the dress is the only good thing in this outfit. I would like to see her in something else than in a strapless gown. And I'm very sad to see Charlene now wearing earrings, when she didn't want to wear any jewellery or sash at the wedding where she was invited by the swedish king.

Would you rather that she never wore jewellery again?

I think that the colour and style suit her. I was anticipating more neutrals so this is good.

It's good to see her in a colour, although I really don't like the dress overall. And she wore earrings! Good for her. Baby steps. She is also wearing eyeliner and a bit of colour on her lips. Maybe she is coming out of her beige funk? I really am rooting for her, because God knows she has the potential to be amazing.

In all, not bad. :flowers:

I like the colour, the fact there was proper styling & jewellery but the dress is a disappointment, it looks cheap & shapeless.

I also like the color, the makeup and huge statement earrings, but not the style of the dress. I'd also love to see bangs or a sidesweep as she used to wear her hair; I feel the slicked-back look is getting too stark.

So now I am at a loss to understand Charlene's rational about when and where to wear all these wonderful jewels she has.

Yay, Charlene! Bright colour and earrings. Not real keen on the style of the dress; I'd like to see those broad swimmer's shoulders covered up a bit, and I'm not keen on the particular earrings, either, but it's a step in the right direction and she should be encouraged. As Queen Christina said: baby steps. :D

I also like the color, the makeup and huge statement earrings, but not the style of the dress. I'd also love to see bangs or a sidesweep as she used to wear her hair; I feel the slicked-back look is getting too stark.

I'm with you, but I also don't care for the shiny material of the dress. I think a different fabric would have looked nicer.

I love the colour and I think the shiny material works for this glamorous occasion. Has anyone glimpsed her shoes yet?

Good grief, she wears beigh people complain, she wears colour and people complain; she doesn't wear jewels and people complain, she wears jewels and people complain. No wonder she dresses to please herself, because she will certainly never please the people on TRF.

Good grief, she wears beigh people complain, she wears colour and people complain; she doesn't wear jewels and people complain, she wears jewels and people complain. No wonder she dresses to please herself, because she will certainly never please the people on TRF.

Completely agree!! I think that she looked lovely. Her gown is elegant and simple. Earrings! A nice change in fashion and accessories for Charlene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom