The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just wonderful, gorgeous color and beautiful fitted dress with nice drapes up top. The earrings are just terrific.Love the hair, very summery.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nice color thankful for some jewelry but good GAWD her shoulders kill me, she looks like a line backer.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Why do women have such a problem with a woman having athletic shoulders? Men certainly don't have a problem with them, and they are beautiful shoulders .
Old 08-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

We are who we are. That's it. She is a swimmer. Has broad shoulders. She is, also, stunning. The gown is nice, and she has earrings on. Should satisfy many. Do I love the gown, it is fine, she has worn better which was criticized. She looked lovely.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Nice color thankful for some jewelry but good GAWD her shoulders kill me, she looks like a line backer.
Haha, linebacker.
I do like broad shoulders in women that are slim and tall. They can look very elegant. She was a swimmer, after all.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks very elegant. I wish that I had her shoulders and height. She looks nothing like a linebacker.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

The color of the dress is pretty, but I don't like the style of the dress at all. Her earrings are lovely though. Overall she looks nice, but this look doesn't blow me away...she has looked better.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Good grief, she wears beigh people complain, she wears colour and people complain; she doesn't wear jewels and people complain, she wears jewels and people complain. No wonder she dresses to please herself, because she will certainly never please the people on TRF.
You took the words right out of my mouth!

Also, she does have broad, muscular shoulders, but I (and, I suspect, more than a few people) would give my eye teeth to have the figure she has- plus, it doesn't look out of proportion because it's a column dress.

Geez!

Quote:
Sorry, but IMO that is a ridiculous statement. She is graceful, she is athletic, and she is all woman.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really don't care what you think of my opinion, I think her shoulders are unattractive and her worst physical trait. There are women who have broad shoulders and women who have overly large shoulders like Charlene. I'm not going to stop having an opinion or stating it just because it irritates you. I find it ironic in a thread on a board that is about nothing but how someone (mostly women) physically looks yet with one non praising comment certain people cry foul.
Some people think Kate's hair is too long and that she is too skinny, some hate the way Victoria wears her hair, I've even heard some talk negatively about Mette Marit's tanning habits and what tanning has done to Stefanie and Caroline; me? I think Charlene has linebacker shoulders.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Not really. Swimmers shoulders maybe.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Courtier

She had those shoulders before she was a swimmer. They are what made her a good swimmer. She is beautiful and well dressed.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
She had those shoulders before she was a swimmer. They are what made her a good swimmer. She is beautiful and well dressed.
Absolutely agree -I love the color of this one, though.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I really don't care what you think of my opinion, I think her shoulders are unattractive and her worst physical trait. There are women who have broad shoulders and women who have overly large shoulders like Charlene. I'm not going to stop having an opinion or stating it just because it irritates you. I find it ironic in a thread on a board that is about nothing but how someone (mostly women) physically looks yet with one non praising comment certain people cry foul.
Some people think Kate's hair is too long and that she is too skinny, some hate the way Victoria wears her hair, I've even heard some talk negatively about Mette Marit's tanning habits and what tanning has done to Stefanie and Caroline; me? I think Charlene has linebacker shoulders.
But the difference is you can change your hair, you can change your weight and you can change your tanning habits.

How is Charlene supposed to change her bone structure? Yes when you train you increase muscle definition but everyone can still feel the bone at the widest part of their shoulders.

You regularly complain about Charlene which is your right to do so and I can understand complaining about hair, clothes, makeup, jewellery etc but I don't understand the constant criticism of her bones!
Old 08-03-2013, 12:51 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Charlene was geaogious, stunning we don't see princess Caroline near here.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The style and fabric is a bit outdated to me but I must say the color and style works very well on her. This is such a strong color that she pulled off well. Her make up was lovely, soft and fresh. Amazing earrings to complete the look.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:53 AM
Courtier

What a beautiful blue. Good colour for a summer ball.
She looked radiant and happy.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

My thoughts exactly, dazzling! I thought she looked sensational. Loved her soft and feminine make-up..
Old 08-03-2013, 12:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know if I think she looks good because I am thrilled to see some jewels or if in fact she does look good!!! I love the earrings but I am not certain they are great with this gown ... I am not a fan of the gown in that same colour theme that is now her trade make ie boring IMO. She really needs to find her fashion feet IMO BTW what's a linebacker!!!!
Old 08-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
I don't know if I think she looks good because I am thrilled to see some jewels or if in fact she does look good!!! I love the earrings but I am not certain they are great with this gown ... I am not a fan of the gown in that same colour theme that is now her trade make ie boring IMO. She really needs to find her fashion feet IMO BTW what's a linebacker!!!!
I like Charlene's dress this time better than her boring beige ones in the past. She's very timidly making fashion strides, but at least she's making them, it seems. She looks pretty, while Caroline looks wow!!, even at her age.

A linebacker is, in American football, the toughest guy on the field. Traditionally, they are big, broad shouldered and quite scary-looking.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathl29 View Post

But the difference is you can change your hair, you can change your weight and you can change your tanning habits.

How is Charlene supposed to change her bone structure? Yes when you train you increase muscle definition but everyone can still feel the bone at the widest part of their shoulders.

You regularly complain about Charlene which is your right to do so and I can understand complaining about hair, clothes, makeup, jewellery etc but I don't understand the constant criticism of her bones!
So according to you you can only point out an unattractive physical trait on a person that they can change? Well that is not my rule especially considering I don't want them to change nor am I pointing them out so that they will change. It's their decision and their bodies they can do whatever they want with them. But as long as Charlene keeps showing off her shoulders Im going to notice them and that I find them to be her most unattractive feature I'm not going to praise them.
You can't have a thread talking about a persons looks and style ad expect everyone to be in love with them.

Closed Thread

Tags
fashion, princess charlene, princess charlene daytime fashion, princess charlene eveningwear, princess charlene outfits, princess charlenes style