The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 11:54 AM
Serene Highness

I don't like it either, but i don't find it horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
The fact she wore the national costume was very appreciat by the people of Monaco said the national newspapers of Monaco with many persons who said in the newspapers they were happy to see at least a princess of monaco wearing the national costume.
Yeah, i agree with you. The most important thing is that she wore the national Monaco's costume

If some people didn't find it nice the way she wore it, well no one is perfect for all the eyes.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent

apparent lack of interest in fashion does not equate to a lack of interest in actual events. That is a leap too far, IMO.

with the exception of the black jump suit thingy, she wears appropriate clothing IMO. I look at the clothes of the people she meets and there is a similar style of clothing.

She generally likes simple lines and plain colours but then she will try something completely different. I like that a lot and I think she is still learning. some of the tolerance shown to HGD Stephanie would come in handy on this thread.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-27-2013, 12:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
apparent lack of interest in fashion does not equate to a lack of interest in actual events. That is a leap too far, IMO.

with the exception of the black jump suit thingy, she wears appropriate clothing IMO. I look at the clothes of the people she meets and there is a similar style of clothing.

She generally likes simple lines and plain colours but then she will try something completely different. I like that a lot and I think she is still learning. some of the tolerance shown to HGD Stephanie would come in handy on this thread.
There's no joy in her outfits.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie View Post
What an elegant way of summarising things - yes I totally agree.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Perfectly stated, Argie, and I agree for the most part. She was soo beautiful on her wedding day... I expected her to maintain that look. So elegant and regal... I guess she wasn't comfortable with that style.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie View Post
I love Charlene, I really do, but you have nailed it in your comment. She seems joyless, her clothing choices reflect that (NOT all the time) and that is sad.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Aristocracy

I just find some of her outfits odd for someone who declared her interest in bringing fashion to Monaco. Whatever that means. And I agree that the outfit she wore to greet the Obamas was inappropriate. I honestly can't believe that Albert, for all that he seems perfectly content with her as she is (understandable in a husband!), thought that outfit was ok and didn't day anything.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:32 AM
Royal Highness

https://twitter.com/autismspeaks/sta...886720/photo/1

She xas very elegant at that event , she was very elegant at all the receptions during this event. It is her style some people do not like, some people like it.

The dress she wore at the lunch with Michelle O Bama was the the same that Queen mathilde wore this week and the same that princess Claire of Luxembourg wore during her civil ceremoni of her weeding.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Aristocracy

The latest outfit is fine for the event and seems to be in line with what others are wearing. However, it does look a little tight in places, as well as creased around the bottom of the skirt. But, it isn't easy to judge because it isn't the best photo.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just can't get over what she wore with the President and First Lady of the United States. Even a husband would notice such an outfit is inappropriate. I really have revised my opinion of her.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:00 PM
Courtier

......for some reason, she seems to be immunized against sound advice from stylists. In 90% of all events she turns up poorly styled or dressed completely wrong, inappropriate in terms of style, bling, behaviour, anything else
Old 09-29-2013, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I must say people do tend to over react to clothes. As far as I could see nothing inappropriate was being shown to the President or Mrs Obama. Now I may not have liked that particular outfit the other clothes worn in NYC all seemed perfectly appropriate for the events she was attending and in keeping with what other ladies were wearing at the same event so I cannot get so worked up about one pantsuit. The overreaction reminds me of Sonja McMahon and Margaret Trudeau's debuts at the White House when their apparel scandalized Washington society. Now no one would bat an eye at a first lady wearing a gown with a high slit up the side or appearing in a dress above the knee. Much ado about nothing.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I must say people do tend to over react to clothes. As far as I could see nothing inappropriate was being shown to the President or Mrs Obama. Now I may not have liked that particular outfit the other clothes worn in NYC all seemed perfectly appropriate for the events she was attending and in keeping with what other ladies were wearing at the same event so I cannot get so worked up about one pantsuit. The overreaction reminds me of Sonja McMahon and Margaret Trudeau's debuts at the White House when their apparel scandalized Washington society. Now no one would bat an eye at a first lady wearing a gown with a high slit up the side or appearing in a dress above the knee. Much ado about nothing.
Sorry to disagree, but her pantsuit is more appropriate for a fashion show than a diplomatic dinner/event. Charlene is different from a lot of other royals in that her husband is the head of government. She needs to dress accordingly.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I just can't get over what she wore with the President and First Lady of the United States. Even a husband would notice such an outfit is inappropriate. I really have revised my opinion of her.
Perhaps her husband didn't think it was inappropriate?

Old 09-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
Sorry to disagree, but her pantsuit is more appropriate for a fashion show than a diplomatic dinner/event. Charlene is different from a lot of other royals in that her husband is the head of government. She needs to dress accordingly.
I agree. I am no fashion model, but there is protocol when it comes to meeting heads of state. While pants may be comfortable and preferred, Charlene just looked totally out of it with the President and First Lady. And the type of pants and blouse she wore was very inappropriate for this function.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andolini View Post
I agree. I am no fashion model, but there is protocol when it comes to meeting heads of state. While pants may be comfortable and preferred, Charlene just looked totally out of it with the President and First Lady. And the type of pants and blouse she wore was very inappropriate for this function.
Can you show me the protocol book that says women may not wear pants when meeting a head os state for I have certainly never seen such a book.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I expect the President and First Lady are far more relaxed about dress code that some of the posters on here.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I expect the President and First Lady are far more relaxed about dress code that some of the posters on here.
Me too!!! LOL.
People fail to recognize the difference between not personally liking someone's outfit and declaring the outfit to be a violation of international protocol.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think the President or the First Lady care about those things. It is a silly argument. Charlene looked very nice.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Courtier

Gosh I'm sorry, I was under the impression that I was free to voice my opinion without people getting snarky with me. I must have either been wrong or on the wrong site. I said she looked nice, just that pants were not the best choice. Other royal females visiting heads of state usually wear a dress, that is all I meant and no, I don't have a book to back anything up, I was voicing MY OPINION. Jeez.

Charlene can wear whatever, I don't care. She looked great, great, great, terrific. There.

Tags
fashion, princess charlene, princess charlene daytime fashion, princess charlene eveningwear, princess charlene outfits, princess charlenes style