The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
** Full view ** Not the best choice for the occasion in my eyes.
Terrible choice ! Acceptable when 'clubbing', but nowhere else !

Old 09-25-2013, 04:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Horrible choice! Even her hair looks awful.. Totally unacceptable wear for this occasion.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:24 PM
Nobility

I like the first black outfit: elegant and simple. The second one is ghastly and inappropriate, unless she was coming from the gym.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

1st outfit quite nice, 2nd not so much.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Terrible choice of outfit,what was Charlene thinking
Old 09-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Two more events in New York and two outfits in black - at a dinner celebrating Monaco's 20th anniversary of its entry in the UN in New York on September 24:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Nice!

And at a reception with President Barack and Michelle Obama:

Well, first of all, we're back to basic black. :boo: but the first outfit is okay. Her silhouette is amazing, but her complexion looks wan and dried out. Not a good makeup job (in the second picture, she looks dreadfully tired).

The second outfit is not appropriate for what is essentially a diplomatic event. This is where I question whether she or her stylists understand that she's accompanying her husband to the UN, where he is a head of state. Her outfit was more suited to a fashionable party in Europe.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Two more events in New York and two outfits in black - at a dinner celebrating Monaco's 20th anniversary of its entry in the UN in New York on September 24:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Nice!

And at a reception with President Barack and Michelle Obama:

Both black, boring.

While both outfits are nice in their own way, they both totally do not match the occasions.
And while she can get away with the first one, although I am assuming it was a diplomatic dinner as well, when it comes to the second one, I have to agree with everyone so far, it was a horrible choice. It's an outfit one wear to a party or a fashion shown in Monaco, not to a high diplomatic event. Obviously Charlene didn't bother.
Her shoes are terrible as well, one do not wear open shoes to a diplomatic event.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:51 PM
Royal Highness

Just as I thought things were getting better... I agree, her choice for the dinner with the President was not a good one. It fascinates me whether Charlene is given advise about these type of occasions ( I'm also thinking of the tiara-less appearance at the recent Royal wedding) and why she might choose to ignore it.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I LOVE the outfit for the dinner. I'm very fond of black and I think the style suited her very well, the diagonal taking the emphasis away from her broad shoulders. I'm a little disappointed she didn't add some earrings, since we know she does wear them occasionally and a tiny dash of pearl or diamond bling, or even just silver or gold, would have livened up the black. I still love the dress though.

I agree with everyone else about that outfit for the reception. A pants outfit could have been OK, but not that one. It was very uninteresting and a poor choice, whoever made that choice.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I LOVE the outfit for the dinner. I'm very fond of black and I think the style suited her very well, the diagonal taking the emphasis away from her broad shoulders. I'm a little disappointed she didn't add some earrings, since we know she does wear them occasionally and a tiny dash of pearl or diamond bling, or even just silver or gold, would have livened up the black. I still love the dress though.

I agree with everyone else about that outfit for the reception. A pants outfit could have been OK, but not that one. It was very uninteresting and a poor choice, whoever made that choice.
What dress?
Old 09-25-2013, 07:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
What dress?
Isn't it a dress? *squints and peers at monitor* Looks like a dress with a long, slimline, skirt to me. But maybe it is a trouser outfit. Makes no difference to me. Still looks great.

I am always pleased to see women opting for comfort and wearing nicely tailored trouser outfits instead of dresses, in the manner of the wonderful Katharine Hepburn who once said, "Anytime I hear a man say he prefers a woman in a skirt, I say, 'Try one. Try a skirt'." She liked to be comfortable, and I have a feeling Charlene does, too.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:41 PM
Royal Highness

Luncheon - Love this outfit. Very simple but very elegant.

Dinner - She looks quite sexy in it, but I'm not sure I like it.

Reception - I agree it was not a good choice for the ocasion. Plus, the trousers don't do her justice
Old 09-25-2013, 10:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Isn't it a dress? *squints and peers at monitor* Looks like a dress with a long, slimline, skirt to me. But maybe it is a trouser outfit. Makes no difference to me. Still looks great.

I am always pleased to see women opting for comfort and wearing nicely tailored trouser outfits instead of dresses, in the manner of the wonderful Katharine Hepburn who once said, "Anytime I hear a man say he prefers a woman in a skirt, I say, 'Try one. Try a skirt'." She liked to be comfortable, and I have a feeling Charlene does, too.
I think, although I may be wrong, it's the pantsuit she already wore.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:17 PM
Commoner

The reception outfit is embarassing and an inappropriate choice for the occasion.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Terrible choice ! Acceptable when 'clubbing', but nowhere else !

I agree, she looks fit and pretty but the leggings are too casual for the event. Especially to meet the president of the USA
Old 09-26-2013, 10:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
I agree, she looks fit and pretty but the leggings are too casual for the event. Especially to meet the president of the USA
...inappropriate to meet ANY dignitary.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Serene Highness

Drab, horrible. Her makeup is washed out and what's with the constant black? One would think she's in mourning. Ugh.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Royal Highness

The all black outfit doesn't do anything for me. I would loved to have seen a white (or off white) skirt or evening pants with that top. She does look a little casual with the black pants on. And the shoes are a little to "summery" for me.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

with the Obama's totally imappropiate IMO the other black outfit was lovely on her ... this girl is lossing it IMO has she anyone to guide her ... I hate to say this but I doubt Grace would have worn such a "disco" number to meet the leader of the free world and, also I think Mrs Obama looks very nice, why could Charlene not have have popped to the shops for a little frock it is not that hard with all the resources she surely has to "get it right" is it am I WRONG HERE??????
Old 09-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Courtier

Oh Lordy, the outfit with the President and First Lady, the black - what the heck??? I am sorry, but NO. Just no. She needs a stylist, and if she has one she needs to fire said stylist.

Tags
fashion, princess charlene, princess charlene daytime fashion, princess charlene eveningwear, princess charlene outfits, princess charlenes style