Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 9: July 2013 - October 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bag is nice the shoes are a mystery the dress is boring and childish and the coat is okay the lipstick colour is awful on her IMO

Awful! All I see is her lips staring at me! Beautiful handbag...

I think the lipstick is very cool, it suits her and her none make-up make-up well.
Is it purple over red?

Larger pics

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

Gosh, I think she looks wonderful in these- kind of Charlize Theron-ish, and that's a good thing. The lipstick is different, but definitely on trend.

I like this look. Charlene looks very nice; casual, but still very appropriate. The lipstick is not the best choice.

The outfit is kind of blah, but her hair and makeup are great. I like the purple lipstick on her!

Yikes! That lipstick! :eek: It wouldn't be so bad if it matched something she was wearing, but it doesn't even seem to match the bag. And I don't think that blue-toned mauve colour suits her skin tone. But I love her hair.

Yikes! That lipstick! :eek: It wouldn't be so bad if it matched something she was wearing, but it doesn't even seem to match the bag. And I don't think that blue-toned mauve colour suits her skin tone. But I love her hair.

I think it maybe matched in some other lighting? Not in the photos, though.

Also, the outfit looked way better in the natural light outside.

Flats and a dress fit for a high-school girl? Purple lipstick? She's representing Monaco, for Christ's sake. Kate of Cambridge would overshadow her in any occasion, let alone Caroline. I think she ought to do better than that. I liked her previous blue/black straight dress though.

I think it maybe matched in some other lighting? Not in the photos, though.

Also, the outfit looked way better in the natural light outside.

I admit I was wondering if maybe the lipstick matched the bag in other lighting. Those can be tricky colours to capture accurately on camera, though I would expect professional photographers' cameras to be better at it than my entry-level DSLR.

I think the lipstick is very cool, it suits her and her none make-up make-up well.
Is it purple over red?

I am not sure as to which lipstick Charléne is using, but I know that there is a Dior lipstick in a very similar colour like the one she has worn for the fashion show :flowers: The colour is pretty and unconventional (maybe not everybody´s cup of tea!), it´s good to see that she is not afraid of experimenting with various colours and styles :)

Flats and a dress fit for a high-school girl? Purple lipstick? She's representing Monaco, for Christ's sake. Kate of Cambridge would overshadow her in any occasion, let alone Caroline. I think she ought to do better than that. I liked her previous blue/black straight dress though.

No need to draw comparisons, really. This isn't a competition. It's one thing to have an opinion, but making snide remarks is in bad taste altogether. Nothing wrong with flats, the dress -- although a little dull, admittedly -- is quite acceptable, and the combination of bag/lipstick makes it an interesting look. IMO, of course.

I love the whole look. Hair makeup dress. If she had on some earrings I would say perfection!

No need to draw comparisons, really. This isn't a competition. It's one thing to have an opinion, but making snide remarks is in bad taste altogether. Nothing wrong with flats, the dress -- although a little dull, admittedly -- is quite acceptable, and the combination of bag/lipstick makes it an interesting look. IMO, of course.

Snide remarks? They are not malicious. Cynical and disappointed. If Charlene can do nice, appropriate outfits - as she sometimes proves to be able to - I don't see why she cannot stay consistent. She has the means, the position and the figure to dress properly for any occasion. More than that, she has the duty to do so, as she represents a country. This is her duty and it is expected that she does it well. Most of her outfits seem careless.

We all try to dress appropriately for our jobs. I fail to understand why she does not put more effort and thought into her job.

I think she looks great. Simple and elegant. Make-up was minimal and because of that, the lipstick was appropriate. Color is trendy. All in all, lovely.

UGH. Black....again?? And again and again??? :ermm:

Love the black and blue dress. The purple lipstick and alien hair looks very unflattering imo at fashion show.Her makeup without lipstick looks wonderful, however.
Black for the russian priest, very hard to see her outfit, black isn't really her color.

UGH. Black....again?? And again and again??? :ermm:

In this photo everyone else seems to be wearing black, so perhaps there was a dress code. Although it would be nice if Charlene would wear other colours such as red or peach more often as IIRC she wore a peach dress at the Grand Prix this summer which looked great on her. I'm guessing that her favourite colours are black and beige ;). However the outfit is nice in general.

Last edited:
She looks elegant, even if the outfit is black again. Well, at least she's matching with the rest of crowd...

There is a dress code - nothing to draw attention, skirt preferred but not short, no make up. It varies by church/location, but my guess is that since she was meeting the patriarch, decorum prevailed and black was a good choice. At least her jacket did not gape open (ahem ;))

Here are pics of Charlene and Albert at the Bolshoi Ballet in Moscow. Charlene is wearing a lovely grey gown which initially appeared to be very low cut, but it's not.

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

Snide remarks? They are not malicious. Cynical and disappointed. If Charlene can do nice, appropriate outfits - as she sometimes proves to be able to - I don't see why she cannot stay consistent. She has the means, the position and the figure to dress properly for any occasion. More than that, she has the duty to do so, as she represents a country. This is her duty and it is expected that she does it well. Most of her outfits seem careless. We all try to dress appropriately for our jobs. I fail to understand why she does not put more effort and thought into her job.

I completely agree with that. However, the way we express our opinions -- the 'tone' / choice of words -- is important, so as not to be perceived as intended in a bitchy manner. I, too, have been disappointed many times by her fashion choices, but her appearance at the LV show was certainly not one of those cases. She looked perfectly fine, IMO. In fact, the look was very trendy/current.

On another topic, I really liked her latest appearance at the ballet in Moscow -- hairdo and all. But I can just imagine what a field day the 'royal style gods' are going to have... hehe

I hate to tell you both, she has a duty to represent her country, how she dresses is personal. As for people dressing appropriately for work, I hate to differ from the ugly, sometimes outrageous outfits I see on not only women, but men, at many different types of work. She, always, looks, lovely, some styles better than others,, but it is not a duty........many royals, have looked dumpy, dowdy and what not,, they have survived and they have done their "real" jobs, well.

The black pantsuit is fine. Nothing to get excited about, but not inappropriate. Would I have preferred her in a skirt? Yes.

The dove grey dress she wore to the ballet is interesting. I don't really like it, especially the weird sheer turtleneck thing, but in certain photos it looks better than others. It seems to look better when she is moving, not standing still. It's not a dress I would choose to wear, but it certainly seems to express her style. Her hair looks nice with a bit of volume, and I like her makeup.

I like the dove grey dress. It suits her. I absolutely LOVE her hair with the extra volume. It softens her look and is very flattering.

I hate to tell you both, she has a duty to represent her country, how she dresses is personal. As for people dressing appropriately for work, I hate to differ from the ugly, sometimes outrageous outfits I see on not only women, but men, at many different types of work. She, always, looks, lovely, some styles better than others,, but it is not a duty........many royals, have looked dumpy, dowdy and what not,, they have survived and they have done their "real" jobs, well.

How she is dressed for official and high-profile events and the image that projects of Monaco -- which she represents -- is very much part of 'duty'. There have been a number of occasions where she did not do well, and there's no denying or justifying that, considering the resources available to her. On the bright side, when she gets it right, it's really a pleasure to see her. I can't help to wonder who her stylist/stylists are... He/she/they ought to be a little more consistent. Or fired, even.

I quite like the dress worn to the ballet ( though the coat/cloak she is wearing in the arrival photo doesn't do it any favours). I agree the added volume to the hair is a very nice style for Charlene. Judging by what everyone else is wearing for the previous religious engagement, wearing black seems to be appropriate and dignified, so I don't have a problem with her wearing black again. And this is why I think some of us have a different view about Charlene's fashion and style. IMO when you represent your country, your personal taste and choice has to take second place, and you should do your homework about what is the dress code. So far, on this visit, Charlene has appeared well groomed and a credit to Monaco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom