Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 8: March 2013 - July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow her fashion before the wedding was more playful, daring and colourful.
I like her new minimal fashion attire, but a little bit of jewelry (like a necklace for Madeleine´s wedding outfit) would not be too much and certainly enhance her overall appearance.
It´s not that we are picky or mean, we only have certain expectations of a royal lady which also include wearing nice jewelry for important events! Even Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, who is not a fan of big and expensive jewelry wears some more valuable pieces or also pretty fake stones from time to time...

BTW: I believe that the ocean tiara/ necklace from Van Cleefs looks better as a tiara, but it looks beautiful both ways and has a very interesting design which suits Charlene very well :)

I agree that Charlene's style was more playful but now it's more edgy and experimental, she always goes through phases when it comes to fashion, you can tell from seeing her over the months, I have to say that the current phase is not my favorite!

And the Palace confirmed it in an email, yeah I was so disappointed that I asked them about it. :/

Last edited:
Beautifully dressed and coiffed. Understated and elegant and chic. Wearing tiaras and orders and dripping in diamonds is an option not a requirement. After all this time I would think people would be used to the idea that she is a not a jewel magpie.
Maybe when she gets older she will feel the need to gild the lily but right now she obviously does not. Good for her. Do it your own way.

Well said, my man, well said.

I agree that Charlene's style was more playful but now it's more edgy and experimental, she always goes through phases when it comes to fashion, you can tell from seeing her over the months, I have to say that the current phase is not my favorite!

And the Palace confirmed it in an email, yeah I was so disappointed that I asked them about it. :/

That´s true, Charlene likes to express herself with her fashion,she really likes to experiment and try out something completely new from time to time. I congratulate her for being so daring and experimental, I usually stick to a certain style and a colour palette that I am comfortable with, but she is not afraid of changing her look!
At least it never gets boring with her style, she does not stick to one "signature look" but tries out different hair and fashion styles :flowers:

Princess Charlene in one of her favourite colours during an exhibition opening at the Oceanographic Museum in Monaco on June 10, 2013:

** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Bland and boring. I am not feeling this look at all.

She seems to like neutrals, which are fine. Once in a while she has a pop of color. She looks beautiful, but I am getting to agree with the group that would like her to put on some accessory.

She looks fine, but I will say that her wardrobe is very monochromatic. Beige, gray, white, black. I'd love to see some real color. A deep purple with a pair of white pants. A green with off white or beige. And yes, some jewels, any jewels would be really nice. We all know there are some available.

Some of us asked for colour so I guess we shouldn't complain, but even if you make allowances for flash photography causing the shiny effect, it is still too much of a block of colour. Although she can look good in trouser suits, I don't think this is a good look .

There is too much of one color going on and too much of red is very hard to pull off. Even though she tried with color, this is a miss. The pants and jacket are just too shiny.

Yikes! :eek: Too much red. I was sure I would be defending her choice, because I love red, and particularly that shade of red, but it's too much, and overwhelming. I think a better choice would have been black pants and top and the red jacket as a feature.

BTW, are they Double Delight roses? That is one of my favourites, having a powerful, sweet fragrance. ETA No, it looks very like Double Delight, but is Jubile du Prince de Monarco, a 2000 introduction we know as Cherry Parfait, which is very hardy but only slightly fragrant, and therefore, IMO, nowhere near as desirable as Double Delight.:rose2:

Last edited:
This is very high fashion but I love it. It takes a certain body to pull this off and its a hard color to wear but I still like it. why oh why wont she wear some earrings.....it bugs me something fierce!

There is too much of one color going on and too much of red is very hard to pull off. Even though she tried with color, this is a miss. The pants and jacket are just too shiny.

Had Princess Charlene worn a white top she's be wearing the colours of both Poland and Monaco (Red and White) :)

Oh my! Be careful of what you ask for right?!?!? This is colorful, just not in a good way. Although, I will say that this shade of red looks really good on Charlene, just not the right choice of fabric. Her makeup looks nice as well.

Whoa! Too much of a good thing! Great color on Charlene but she tends to overdo (or underdo, depending!). lol

Great, just great. She puts all the color into one outfit that makes her look like a Popsicle. I will say before someone else mentions it, the shiny-ness of the fabric is probably much more due to the flashes than to the fabric.
->that´s certainly true, unfortunately shiny/glittery materials often look less attractive if they are photographed with flash:-( I am sure it looked better in real life.

I say "Hurrah" for chosing such a brilliant,dazzling colour - Charléne looks fantastic in red :flowers:
The blouse looks lovely, I like the detailing around her neck,it looks very flattering and elegant.
She has the right body type to pull off such a daring look, I only have a little complaint because to me the blazer looks a little bit large, but we finally got to see some colour which is great!
Obviously Charléne likes monochrome and less ornaments and jewels at the moment. To me she looked very pretty and I am happy that she chose such a fine material and colour.

Last edited:
Yikes, that's a bad outfit. It's way too shiny and way too much red. She should have ditched the jacket and shirt and just paired the pants with a white or back top. It would have worked much better than this red on red outfit.

Not liking the beige outfit. The color is so blah and boring. Her clutch is cute though.

Last edited:
This is very high fashion but I love it. It takes a certain body to pull this off and its a hard color to wear but I still like it. why oh why wont she wear some earrings.....it bugs me something fierce!

Just to clarify-why/how is this outfit high fashion?

The red outfit reminds me of those polyester suits that were so fashionable in the 70s. She looks nice in this particular shade, but it's a bit too much of one color in this instance.

I like this color on her but the outfit itself isn't good. I love the Dior clutch.

The first thing that came to mind when I opened the link and saw the photo was Liberace lives! :eek:

Nice to see Charlene in some color, but that outfit is a complete miss. :sad:

OMG.

Either Charlene is walking around looking like a breathing bowl of oatmeal . . .
OR . . .

She's walking around looking like an ambulatory tomato.

Oh.

BROTHER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom