Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 8: March 2013 - July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did they even bother having two tiaras made for her when she won't wear them at appropriate occasions?

Really disappointing that she did not rise to occasion and wear some jewels ... I think it would have been appropiate frankly it is starting to annoy me actually...

What is the point to be a princess if you don't wear a tiara?

I have given up with PC on the tiara front now. It's beyond me why she would want to go to something like today and be turned out differently to every other royal lady there. Also even if she hates jewels why not at least wear her order?

The beautiful hair ornament she wore for her own wedding would've been lovely. I don't know; is she trying to make some sort of statement? If so, what??

:ohmy:

Beautifully dressed and coiffed. Understated and elegant and chic. Wearing tiaras and orders and dripping in diamonds is an option not a requirement. After all this time I would think people would be used to the idea that she is a not a jewel magpie.
Maybe when she gets older she will feel the need to gild the lily but right now she obviously does not. Good for her. Do it your own way.

I think she was dressed beautifully. However...

Why did they even bother having two tiaras made for her when she won't wear them at appropriate occasions?

Seriously....a waste of Albert's money.
No, she doesn't need diamonds to be pretty, but it sure seems like she has some anti-jewelry phobia or thinks she is "too chic " to wear tiaras or something.

If she didn't want to wear tiaras why did PA get her TWO? Also the dress code was clearly for orders to be worn so why not wear it?

Precisely my feelings, angela! She is a princess, for goodness sake. It's almost an insult to her hosts, imho, when the dress code clearly stated tiaras and orders to be worn.

Sure she is a beautiful woman but frankly, I did not like any of her dresses at the Swidish marriage.

Precisely my feelings, angela! She is a princess, for goodness sake. It's almost an insult to her hosts, imho, when the dress code clearly stated tiaras and orders to be worn.

An option to be worn not a requirement.
Seems more like a case of posters want to see her wear a tiara and her Order of St Charles and take personal offence when she doesn't do what they want.

Love love love it!

I agree, Lumutqueen - she is spectacular in this. If you were in the same room, you could not NOT LOOK AT HER. And there is nothing at all immodest about it - that's not why you would look.

I may not like everything she wears, but I think she is trying very hard to dress like a lady, develop her own style, pare back on the bling while being herself. I do think she will evolve a love of accessories (don't we all over time) but it will take her a while. I think we owe her some space in the meantime.

her total air of i'll do it on my own way is pretty tiring to watch to be honest..she was the only royal there who did'nt adhere to the dress code of tiara and sashes..if you're too cool to represent your new country,just stay at home.caroline did better at the wedding of luxembourg.

As lovely as ever but some diamonds would have looked nice against the colour!

If the tiara and oder were optional , then it was her right to choose not to wear them. She should be herself and if she is not comfortable why should she have to wear these things. Not everybody likes jewelry she seems to like minimal looks. Princess or not if she doesn't like it is her right to choose not to wear it.

I wanted to see her in the ocean tiara but she showed up in a complete different way that I expected. I am utterly disappointed that she didn't wear a tiara but as long as she looks beautiful and elegant she could do anything she wants.

If the tiara and oder were optional , then it was her right to choose not to wear them. She should be herself and if she is not comfortable why should she have to wear these things. Not everybody likes jewelry she seems to like minimal looks. Princess or not if she doesn't like it is her right to choose not to wear it.

short hair,minimal look,i've seen all these excuses...

(..)

Anyway, today noce dress and nice hair. Looked appropriate to the occassion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they are excuses she is being herself people don't like it because she won't wear jewelry and be like every other princess. She simply has to be herself, to me she looks fine neat and presentable.

(...)

She looked stunning. Perhaps, she finds these ostentatious displays unsuited to who she is. You have a right to be who you are. Jewelry doesn't make a person any better. Just more noticeable.

Really disappointing that she did not rise to occasion and wear some jewels ... I think it would have been appropiate frankly it is starting to annoy me actually...

As I posted before, she has the Order of St. Charles and at least two lovely tiaras and refused to wear either, even though protocol for this event suggested it. I think it was very rude quite honestly. Both her appearances at this event have been underwhelming, imo.

Perhaps Princess Caroline should have represented the Principality like she did so magnificently in Luxembourg last fall at Guillaume and Stephanie's wedding, she seems to understand how these things work!

Last edited:

Exactly! I would be furious as the jeweler with this.

Also, is there a protocol problem with her not wearing a tiara? I wouldbe happy to move the question if it's off-topic for this thread.

The only problem I can think of that would prevent a tiara is her very short, fine hair.

But she has the Aigrette, right?

As far as refusing to wear her Order, I have no idea. Perhaps she should just give it back.

I think most dress codes are technically optional but where a certain way of dressing is mentioned you can be sure that is what your hosts really want you to wear. Also she was there to represent Monaco as their princess so the Monaco order should have been on display. When you take on a postion like that it's your duty to do things you might not like and, my goodness, there are greater hardships than doning a sash and tiara. (...)

Just wanted to add that I love her dress, because it is classic and beautiful, but it doesn't scream "summer wedding."

The dress is very pretty on Charlene, but the color lends itself more to a fall event. I thought it unique that she stayed true to herself and didn't wear a tiara or big jewels. I think it's just who she is. Kind of like Queen Rania sometimes.

I feel it is close to rude and insulting to her hosts that she wore no orders or jewelry or orders.
She made a loud statement that took away from the bride and groom. Not good manners.

I think most dress codes are technically optional but where a certain way of dressing is mentioned you can be sure that is what your hosts really want you to wear. Also she was there to represent Monaco as their princess so the Monaco order should have been on display. When you take on a postion like that it's your duty to do things you might not like and, my goodness, there are greater hardships than doning a sash and tiara. (..)

I have to agree; it was an official appearance, with Charlene representing Monaco.

The tiara and sash may have been optional, but in practice...if you have them, you are expected to wear them!
Charlene is the only one of her status who did not comply, and it did seem insulting to her hosts.

Her behaviour is so strange. If she can't adhere to the proper dress code and show up with a smile on her face, she should leave the royal duties to someone else. Her hosts should be insulted.

Perhaps, she doesn't give a hoot for all the fuss. Perhaps she is her own person and not a shell to be displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom