Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 7: November 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, completely agree (though I've never seen a maxi coat, but I'm sure yours looked lovely on you [it certainly sounds like it was a really nice piece]).

Thank you, Daria, it really was a beautiful maxi coat and my pride and joy. It was the fashion trend at the time and reached to the ankles. And even though it was black, it fitted nicely and I brightened it up with - cough, cough - a neon green handcrocheted (by yours truly) scarf and hat.

Last edited:
My maxicoat was burnt orange with fake fur cuffs and hem. it was belted and with single buttons from the extreme left to the middle and then down. I wore it with brown suede, knee length boots with were laced. In fashion with a Bardot movie of the time. Fashionable - but Charlene's is not.

Wish I could find something nice to say about this outfit, but it is truly horrid. Sorry, Charlene.

I like her suit. She is very smart, this suit fits her very well.

I agree, melina. When was it worn and for what occasion?

I agree, melina. When was it worn and for what occasion?

I believe that is today for the arrival of the Secretary General of the UN and Mrs Ban Ki Moon at the Palais Princier. Quite nice and chic I thought. Nice hair as well.

Thank you for the info! Very elegant and smart looking. Hopefully we will be seeing more pics of the outfit.

That coat is too big, too long and way too dowdy! That reminds me of my maxi coat I wore back in the '70s, but at least mine was fitted and had a cute faux-fur collar.
I loved mine, it was red and fitted with a big swirling skirt:flowers: Wish I had it now!

I don't like charlene in black

Thanks, Ice! i like the peplum look on her as it offsets her broad shoulders. Very flattering.

I can see if it is a suit with a kirt with a top or a dress with a peplum. I should think it is rather a suit.

Charlene looks quite elegant, and I'm glad to see that she's not in black for a change.

Yes, indeed, Charlene does have a beautiful figure and when she wears the right outfits, she really looks wonderful.

I love it on her but yes a bit of jewelry would not have gone astray IMO

Its a nice outfit that could've been easily accessorised a bit to not look so boring/plain.

Charlene has said she doesn't like jewelry so I don't think we will be seeing her any much of it.

Charlene has said she doesn't like jewelry so I don't think we will be seeing her any much of it.

I haven't read this anywhere, but if you're right, then perhaps she should have made this clear to her husband and others before they gifted her with such lovely individual pieces. Perhaps the money could have been better spent on charitable causes.

Elly C,nobody knows if she made this clear to her husband.Even if she told him this,a grand set of jewelery is something the wife of a monarch must have.
Morever,If Prince Albert didn't offer Charlene those jewels everybody will have find this very weird.
There are already so many negative people who like to spread bad rumours on them,imagine if he didn't offer her those jewels:D

Elly C,nobody knows if she made this clear to her husband.Even if she told him this,a grand set of jewelery is something the wife of a monarch must have.
Morever,If Prince Albert didn't offer Charlene those jewels everybody will have find this very weird.
There are already so many negative people who like to spread bad rumours on them,imagine if he didn't offer her those jewels:D

Actually this might have been an opportunity to present Charlene in a more positive light - particularly if instead of jewellery, it was announced that the wedding present would be a specific gift - say a hospital wing or educational facility. But I agree, there would have been some who would have made mischief. I just wish now she's got them, she'd wear the jewels to please us all :flowers:

Its a nice outfit that could've been easily accessorised a bit to not look so boring/plain.

I thought she had 2 rather good accessories....the Prince of Monaco and the Secretary General of the UN.

Charlene visited a hospital in Nice, France, today, March 27, wearing a simple, elegant suit in black:

** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

For a charity concert yesterday evening she also wore a combination in black:

** Upper part ** Close up **

Simple, elegant but boring. Back to safe, traditional clothing. Just in time to confirm my theory. Either horrid looks, or something safe and boring. Still don't see anything "avant garde" about those outfits. Simple, safe outfits. But boring. Some accessories would help, maybe a little jewelry, a scarf, a pop of colour... so many possibilities to make it better.

Another look in black at a presentation and reception in Monaco today, March 28:

** With a coat ** Upper part/Side view ** Upper part **

Same as above. Quite nice with the coat, but do not think the dress itself is good on Charlene, does not suit her figure. And again, it's black and boring...

Prince Albert and Charlene attend the Million Dollar Boxing Championships in Monte Carlo.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2ivgodv.jpg

[URL="http://i50.tinypic.com/juzbpw.jpg"]http://i50.tinypic.com/juzbpw.jpg[/URL]

Now what do we have here? Oh, yes, black... Why am I not surprised? Well, at least it's huge and looks horrible, yet again. So far we had three quite nice looks and the now back to the horrible something again. Way too big, too long, too wide, too everything. If she really likes maxi coats, I think she could have chosen a way better one. And maybe not in the depressing black?

Finally, something in a different colour, after four all black outfits in a row. But, still boring. Like the suit and think the peplum is a good choice for Charlene's type of body, but some accessories (i.e. a necklace, a bangle, a scarf of a different colour, or something in those lines) would have saved it from being safe, plain and boring outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom