The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 06:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'll say this again in a different thread, Catherine was on holiday in a private location. Charlene was at an official engagement representing her country with her boobs on show. If you don't Charlene was the least bit in the wrong, then you do worship the ground she walks on.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Has this discussion about the inappropriateness (or otherwise) of unbra'd bosoms and nipples on a royal consort whilst on a public engagement not run its course?

Old 03-13-2013, 08:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Has this discussion about the inappropriateness (or otherwise) of unbra'd bosoms and nipples on a royal consort whilst on a public engagement not run its course?
This is a fashion thread, people here are discussing Charlene's fashion choice from yesterday. It's been just over 24 hours since her appearance, I don't see how "it's run it's course" just yet.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
No, I simply try to be nice and explain to you things you just don't seem to see or understand. You said yourself, you don't see it, so there went an explanation. Easy. No reason to be rude from your side.
I see. There's no reason for you to explain what I see to me. You percieve me as rude because I don't agree with you. I have put you on "ignore" in hopes that you'll not go on.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
This is a fashion thread, people here are discussing Charlene's fashion choice from yesterday. It's been just over 24 hours since her appearance, I don't see how "it's run it's course" just yet.
Oh well, let me not interrupt this uplifting debate.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Nobility

At least she have pert nipples,dear lawd lol. I've never seen other Princesses dress like this.Only from Monaco lol.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I see. There's no reason for you to explain what I see to me. You percieve me as rude because I don't agree with you. I have put you on "ignore" in hopes that you'll not go on.
I am explaining to you what you don't see (as per your earlier post where you admitted you just don't see it), there is a difference.
No, I perceive you as rude because of the way you address me.
Thank you for complying with my request.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Nobility

You know what! I would love to see all your faces when we know that this outfit was a gift from the island or something, those who think it's inappropriate as well as those who thinks showing "part of the nipples" is okay :P

On a different note, I don't find it that inappropriate, but she could have done better for sure!
Old 03-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalCouturier View Post
You know what! I would love to see all your faces when we know that this outfit was a gift from the island or something, those who think it's inappropriate as well as those who thinks showing "part of the nipples" is okay :P

On a different note, I don't find it that inappropriate, but she could have done better for sure!
I can tell you my reaction now: I still think she sould have worn bra under an outfit which was a gift. One does not eliminate the other.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Royal Highness

I see the point of the nipples showing not fitting a Princess, but on the other side, I see through the pictures joy, happiness and a relaxed and easy-going enviroment, not to mention that the people surrounding her are not too concern with "no bra" and they probably didn't notice it, Charlene has a very beautiful breast, a breast that looks pretty even without a bra.

Please don't not make a storm in a glass of water.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Further discussion on nipples showing will be deleted without notice.
Please let's all get back on topic.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Majesty

Perhaps a cardigan or a shawl would have helped the situation if Charlene didn't want to wear appropriate undergarments. I'm not a fan of the look, however. It's not something a representative of a nation wears on an official engagement.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with you there, Daria. And this looked too beach casual for me given the occasion.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:28 PM
Heir Apparent

When you arrive on a boat at a beach and people are putting leis around your neck it strikes me as a pretty casual event.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
Well, if you can't see it yourself, let me try to explain.
Not wearing a bra where everyone can easily see her nipples is NOT appropriate for the princess. Esp on the official function. She's not on vacation; she is representing the country she is a princess of.
You don't see masculine, I do. And the top emphasizes it.
She looks far away from great.
She's visiting a country where women have traditionally gone topless, which means she's not offending any cultural mores here at all. I could see your point if she was visiting a very conservative area, but she wasn't- her attire was appropriate for where she was visiting.

And I'm not sure how any top that draws attention to her feminine attributes could make her look masculine. If you're referring to her shoulders- I think they're lovely and I admire her figure.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
When you arrive on a boat at a beach and people are putting leis around your neck it strikes me as a pretty casual event.
Not necessarily since it's probably custom and tradition to greet visitors that way despite mode of dress and transportation, but that's how I feel so we'll have to agree to disagree.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hey, even Charlene can't wear the elastic band tops.
Elastic bands, on a Princess of Monaco??
Old 03-13-2013, 11:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
She's visiting a country where women have traditionally gone topless, which means she's not offending any cultural mores here at all. I could see your point if she was visiting a very conservative area, but she wasn't- her attire was appropriate for where she was visiting.

And I'm not sure how any top that draws attention to her feminine attributes could make her look masculine. If you're referring to her shoulders- I think they're lovely and I admire her figure.
I think we have to agree to disagree here.

What I meant was that, to me, the way the top hugs her right above her breast it makes the top part of her body look very masculine. I realize others may not share my point of view, but it is to me.
I, personally, don't like her shoulders, don't find them lovely.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:04 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Albert did not wear a suit and nnot a tie, he wore a shirt with short sleeves even when he made a speech at the parliament , I doubt that he did not respect the dress code of the land. also the look of Charlene is appropriate.

This board is calles fashion and style. We can agree or not the look of a princess it is a right. but it would be nice and respectfull not to badly criticize the physic of any queens or princesses as we read here on the Charlene shoulders. any person is responsable of her physique. Criticize the nose , the size, mouth and so of a princess or a queen or anybody is not showing respect and is not very nice even when we don't like this person .
I think I will be the alone person who will say this but I need to writte tit
Old 03-14-2013, 06:15 AM
Courtier

I can fully agree with you melina premiere.
You can't be criticized for something you are not able to change!

As for the outfit of Charlene I have to say that I don't approve of it.
Bra or no bra, I don't like it very much.
But we all know she's a fan of strapless tops and dresses. So if she feels comfortable with it, that's ok with me

Closed Thread

Tags
charlene, monaco, monaco royal, princess charlene, princess charlene daytime fashion, princess charlene eveningwear, princess charlene fashion