Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 7: November 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I rather like Charlene's look sans the jacket. But with the jacket... I'm just not a fan of anything leathery worn with evening gowns.
Then again, I am glad she is finding her own style and wears what she likes - whatever anyone else (me included) thinks of it.

I think you're being a bit harsh. Her sense of style is avant grade, not traditional. I think she can and should make better choices, too, but we have to recognize that we're dealing with different rules with Charlene.

I don't think I was being harsh. I just think Charlene seems not to have a sense of style. Boring or unattractive outfits are not avant garde. And she gets it right when she wears suits, usually, which are very traditional clothes.

Different rules? She is a Princess, after all, the rules are similar when it comes to fashion to all Princesses, and Charlene has made so many mistakes it made me to believe she has no sense of style herself and really needs a help of stylist. And from what I read, I am not the only one to think so.

She got it right this time! Love her hair and makeup, as well.

I don't think I was being harsh. I just think Charlene seems not to have a sense of style. Boring or unattractive outfits are not avant garde. And she gets it right when she wears suits, usually, which are very traditional clothes.

Different rules? She is a Princess, after all, the rules are similar when it comes to fashion to all Princesses, and Charlene has made so many mistakes it made me to believe she has no sense of style herself and really needs a help of stylist. And from what I read, I am not the only one to think so.

I think she has a pretty definite sense of what she likes-"power" pieces for evening, more modern silhouettes for day; even her red lip is very on-trend right now, which tells me that she is interested to be in the moment fashion-wise.

I rarely like what she wears, but it's because her tastes and mine are very different. That's what I meant about different rules- I'm not sure PC is ever going to dress like the other royal ladies.

There are no rules for dressing in the royalties. The rules are made by royalty watchers as us. As we are ordinary watchers, we find fabulous the dresses that our favorites princesses are wearing and horrible the dresses that the princesses we hate

Many here do not understand that this ball had the theme 'belle époque and pop' and do not recall that princess Grace wore one year a dress of SHeherazade with a mask.

But the stylists or the fashion sites find that Charlene was elegant and fabulous. Huffington post found fabulous the gown of Charlene;

I hope she will never change her way to dress nor she will never listen conventionel people like many here because she would become a very boring person.

Princess Charlene is a person without scandal, she was not divorced or had no child out of a wedding like some person in the family of Grimaldi. She had no advices to receive of nobody apart The prince Albert and she has the dignity of a princess

I think she has a pretty definite sense of what she likes-"power" pieces for evening, more modern silhouettes for day; even her red lip is very on-trend right now, which tells me that she is interested to be in the moment fashion-wise.

I rarely like what she wears, but it's because her tastes and mine are very different. That's what I meant about different rules- I'm not sure PC is ever going to dress like the other royal ladies.

I think we will have to agree to disagree, and I am fine with that. We all have our own views and opinions on fashion. I don't see too much of a sense of a style in Charlene, but it also may be because my taste is different. Red lips were almost always pretty popular, I think :)

Thank you for explaining the different rules sentence, now I get it, and it makes sense.

There are no rules for dressing in the royalties. The rules are made by royalty watchers as us. As we are ordinary watchers, we find fabulous the dresses that our favorites princesses are wearing and horrible the dresses that the princesses we hate

Many here do not understand that this ball had the theme 'belle époque and pop' and do not recall that princess Grace wore one year a dress of SHeherazade with a mask.

But the stylists or the fashion sites find that Charlene was elegant and fabulous. Huffington post found fabulous the gown of Charlene;

I hope she will never change her way to dress nor she will never listen conventionel people like many here because she would become a very boring person.

Princess Charlene is a person without scandal, she was not divorced or had no child out of a wedding like some person in the family of Grimaldi. She had no advices to receive of nobody apart The prince Albert and she has the dignity of a princess

I wouldn't agree with you. I think there are some types of rules and protocols as to how a Royal Princess should dress, what to wear and what to avoid.

Why do you always bring the hate argument? Why can't you understand someone can simply not like what Charlene wears without any personal feeling toward her? Are you saying when you don't like other Princess' dress is it because you hate her? That's weird. I fully understood the theme of the Ball, yet, I still do not like what Charlene decided to wear. And I am allowed to, without you telling me that the reason I don't like it is because I hate her.

Also, why would I care what Huffington Post or other sites or other stylists have to say about what they think about Charlene's dress? I posted my opinion, my own, based on what I like and think, not on what fashion sites tell me to like or not like. I would like to believe I think on my own, not basing my opinions on fashion sites opinions.

I would also like to know what your second to last sentence have to do with Charlene's fashion... Divorce or a child out of wedding is not a scandal, you know?

Lastly, you don't know if she receives advices from Prince Albert only, or if she has a stylist or a lady to advise her.

You act as if you knew Charlene personally and as if defending her at all costs was your life mission. Lighten up, girl. Life is not all and only about Charlene's fashion or her actions; for all I know she caress not for mine or yours opinion, we are all just having fun here.

It would be nice if she started wearing earrings and adding some color to her wardrobe. Other that that, I think she's pretty stylish in a Grace is Monaco way.

It definitely looks like something Bob Mackie could have designed.
Maybe Princess Charlene is our new Cher alas !However the public is not giving her the rave reviews Cher always got so I would sit down and think this out for a possible revision.There is an element of proclivity to dressing with a theatricality in Princess Charlene. She has a take it or leave it attitude; somethinmg unequivocal about her approach . I loved when she was attired by Armani.Princess Charlene is Las Vegas meets Hollywood.This lady cannot be prompted into submission.Hope to see something better received in August at the Ball.There is not a hint of the traditional Grace in her.For Belle Epoque meets pop this looks fine

Last edited:
The black and both of them here are lovely and a far better choice than the ball which I am still trying hard to get over..

Gorgeous! This neckline suits her really really well
This suit is very pretty, although for me a little boring. But much better than some things that I've seen. A colored or textured shirt under the suit would have been nice. Or even a really cool necklace. Her make up looked better, no so over done.

I agree. Some jewelry would be nice. But, she is lovely.

A scarf, necklace or brooch would have broken up that unrelieved black.

She looks quite elegant though I agree with some of the others, some kind of jewel, scarf etc would have been nice. But Charlene has made monochrome her signature style as Princess.

She looks quite elegant though I agree with some of the others, some kind of jewel, scarf etc would have been nice. But Charlene has made monochrome her signature style as Princess.

I agree with the monochrome style, it's a great observation ;) although I prefer to see her in pastel colors.

Yep, this is the Charlene I like. I just prefer to forget last week's ensemble.

I agree with the monochrome style, it's a great observation ;) although I prefer to see her in pastel colors.

I think monochrome in pastels or even strong colors would be lovely on her. When it's monochrome black, it definitely could use a shot of a color accessory, or at least jewelry!:whistling:

Last edited:
I think you will just have to accept that Charlene is not a big fan of gilding the lily with lots of bling, which judgng from my nieces of a similar age is not unusual. When I asked them why they never wear any of the jewels they inherited or received as gifts they told me that such jewels were more for older ladies and that they rarely wear more than stud earings or a gold chain. Pearls were definitely considered "old lady" but for a really grand event they would wear small diamond earings at most.

Her suit is nice but it would be better with a necklace.

We saw she had beautiful jewels, and it is a shame she does not wear them.

I hope she will wear the 'ocean' one day, princess Grace wore tiares during some ceremonies since her death her daughters did not wear anymore tiares. It is a shame.

Who's wardrobe did she borrow this from?

It is way too big for her. And black? Why black? There is a whole palette of colour waiting for her - and she chooses black.

Or maybe that was all that was in the wardrobe of whoever she borrowed this from!

Depending on how close to the ring they were sitting and how bloody the fight was, black wouldnt show the blood.

:previous: good thought but it is awful. I wore something similar in c1979. But if I was 32 now, I wouldn't

That coat is too big, too long and way too dowdy! That reminds me of my maxi coat I wore back in the '70s, but at least mine was fitted and had a cute faux-fur collar.

Last edited:
Who's wardrobe did she borrow this from?

It is way too big for her. And black? Why black? There is a whole palette of colour waiting for her - and she chooses black.

Or maybe that was all that was in the wardrobe of whoever she borrowed this from!

I share your thoughts here. This is one horrid look. I think the coat would have been lovely if it were fitted properly, and a bit shorter. A scarf of a nice, bright color would have been a great addition too. Like you, I'm wondering where exactly she obtained this particular 'creation'.

That coat is too big, too long and way too dowdy! That reminds me of my maxi coat I wore back in the '70s, but at least mine was fitted and had a cute faux-fur collar.

Again, completely agree (though I've never seen a maxi coat, but I'm sure yours looked lovely on you [it certainly sounds like it was a really nice piece]).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom