Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 6: July 2012 - November 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree if she had to wear it she has done the thing proud I think she looks cute actually

I also agree! I think she looks really cute, especially the hair.

dirndl colour combinations can be soo beautiful, she looks very ordinary to me

I think the brown is appropriate, the president wears a black dress and a black blue cape.

Charlene could've done much better. I agree, looks like a funeral she is attending. The coat is quite shapeless and looks big. Not a fan of this look.

Princess Charlene on the second day in Lithuania, October 16, looking elegant in a nice new combination:

** Full view ** Upper part **

I like the colours a lot better than the black or brown though the cut of the coat was nicer on her I think than the cream but i love the shoes with the cream coat ... they are recycled???

Todays outfit - The coat is more of a cardigan coat which would've looked better with it left open. The red matched with it is quite nice.

She reminds me of Carolyn Bessette Kennedy when she dresses so minimalistic and in dark colours.

Over on the Albert and Charlene current events thread, there are tighter photos that show the exquisiteness of the fabric her coat is made from. Looks like it might be 8-ply cashmere or perhaps knitted vicuna. Makes me go WOW!

I think both looks are all right, but nothing special.

The brown coat is quite beautiful, obviously gorgeous fabric, but with the dark pants, no scarf or jewelry at all just looks unfinished, unrelieved.
Love the lighter combination, will check out the closer look on the other thread. thanks to all for posting.

Frelinghighness said:
The brown coat is quite beautiful, obviously gorgeous fabric, but with the dark pants, no scarf or jewelry at all just looks unfinished, unrelieved.
Love the lighter combination, will check out the closer look on the other thread. thanks to all for posting.

I agree. Much as I applaud Charlene for wearing trousers to official engagements, the brown coat would have looked stunning if worn differently. IMO the trousers should have been saved for the following day's coat.

Princess Charlene on day 1 of a visit to Poland, today, October 17, wearing a nice and elegant black coat. I like the dress-like cut that allows such flourish movements.

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Side view ** Upper part **

And here's the dress she wore under the coat:

** Pic **

Last edited:
Love the makeup, too. Lipstick is excellent. Good day for Charlene.

She looks fantastic! Excellent tour thus far fashion for Charlene.

Kudos to her for playing with a different silhouette!

Todays coat was a really nice coat to recycle.
The dress is very pretty and very elegant but its a classic cocktail dress. It was way too dressy to be worn to an event. Moreover, Charlene looks too plain, she needs to start accessorizing her looks and at least wear studs.

Todays coat was a really nice coat to recycle.
The dress is very pretty and very elegant but its a classic cocktail dress. It was way too dressy to be worn to an event. Moreover, Charlene looks too plain, she needs to start accessorizing her looks and at least wear studs.

Totally agree with you. It's a beautiful dress, but not for the event she wore it for. I also agree as to the jewelry. As I can understand she is not too much into jewelry, I don't think it's smart not to wear any jewelry at all, not even simple earrings or a small necklace or tiny bracelet. She looks very plain indeed.

Absolutely adore the dress and especially the coat. Reminds me of the elegant 50's creations.
A really elegant, sophisticated look on Charlene; it's really a style that becomes her.

Charlene at the official dinner at the presidential palace in Warsaw this evening:

While I liked the choice for the day very much, I think she shouldn't have chosen black (and brown) again for the evening, the look is too simple:

Charlene at the official dinner at the presidential palace in Warsaw this evening:

While I liked the choice for the day very much, I think she shouldn't have chosen black (and brown) again for the evening, the look is too simple:

At least they all look the same ;).

Why is everyone wearing black, was there a funeral we missed? While I understand black is always in fashion and is classic and so on, there is that moment when there is too much black and I think it hit this moment for me :).

There's a fine line between a minimalistic style and a dull look, and here this line is being crossed.
The fact that even at night, not a single accessory relieves the stark combo and no effort has been made regarding a hairdo does not help matters.
She would actually have been better off switching her outfits from today as the inappropriate cocktail dress from the Special Olympics meeting would have looked better at the dinner than this outfit with its way too severe funeral aura.

Upper part:
http://s13.postimage.org/rj0ab5naf/imgwatermark.jpg

Last edited:
There's a fine line between a minimalistic style and a dull look, and here this line is being crossed.
The fact that even at night, not a single accessory relieves the stark combo and no effort has been made regarding a hairdo does not help matters.
She would actually have been better off switching her outfits from today as the inappropriate cocktail dress from the Special Olympics meeting would have looked better at the dinner than this outfit with its way too severe funeral aura.

Upper part:
http://s13.postimage.org/rj0ab5naf/imgwatermark.jpg

Plus the roots (visible, unfortunately), flat, greasy-like hair and the sad / unhappy face expression does not help the case. She indeed looks like she was at the funeral in the picture you put up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom