Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 6: July 2012 - November 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Charlene in red at the Van Cleef & Arpels Exhibition Launch in Paris on September 18, 2012 - looks great!

** Full view ** Upper part **

Earlier that day she had visited the offices of Van Cleef & Arpels's jewelers in Paris, wearing a more casual
outfit again - the upper part is nice, but I'm not sure about that skirt, pants in that same colour would
maybe have looked a bit better.

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

Last edited:
She does look great in that dress and she looks good in that color. I don't like her hair styled like that and I'm undecided about the eye make up.

Last edited:
Thank you for the beautiful earrings! Love the tomato red!
Other beige outfit I think we've seen before, I remember the jacket. Not a fan of long dresses for day but looks fine on her.

Don't like the beige outfit - it washes her out, but love the red one. She looks great in color, so I hope she starts incorporating more color into her outfits.

Love the red totally gorgeous but the pink or whatever it is looks terrible ... is she a Princess or is she out doing the groceries ??? she needs to smarten up her casual look IMO and this is the perfect example horrid IMO

Charlene is really rocking the red dress. She looks smashing in rich jeweled tones. The other outfit is not to my liking. The color is too bland and the bottom part is just horrendous.

Princess Charlene in Paris on September 19, wearing a black jacket, boots and a dress with stripes - it's
something different with these colours, so I like it :)

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Last edited:
She looks really fabulous in the red dress. The cut is good, the colour is refreshing, her boobs are not like melons and her shoulders look almost normal. It is the best I've seen on her for years.

I really love all those pieces separately the boots are gorgeous love the jacket but together another mess IMO

I really love all those pieces separately the boots are gorgeous love the jacket but together another mess IMO

You are right on the mark. The separate pieces are fine, together they are a hot mess. She is a stunning woman, she should look in the mirror and fire the stylists.

I wish the purple dress didn't have those painful stripes. They hurt my eyes. I like the black, because it balances it out a bit.

She is certainly far better dressed for a shopping trip than most of the women I see in the high street.

As the red outfit shows, if Charlene wants to, she can absolutely rock it. Will she ever wear this tiara or only look at it at events?

Charlene was wonderfull in red.
and she was very elegant with this purple dress and black jacket and black boots.
How can some people say that she is wearing beautiful cloths but it is a mess. Here on this board, many people do not know anything about ths fashion.
PURPLE COLOR AND BLACK COLOR GO VERY WELL TOGETHER , instead to critic, say us what you would wear, we could laugh
This week, I was in New York, and I saw women wearing long skirt with Tennis shoes. My god!!!
As NGaliteine is saying Charlene is far better dressed for a shopping than most of the wemen In the high street.
Charlene has a body which can wear many clothes. In the years 2000, she was a model for sawimmsuits in a magazine .

Melina, You were in New York and you didn't call me???!!! I would have flown up to meet you.

As for Charlene, she does make fashion mistakes, but despite that she is looking more and more pretty as the months pass. I love her current hair and makeup.

Charlene was wonderfull in red.
and she was very elegant with this purple dress and black jacket and black boots.
How can some people say that she is wearing beautiful cloths but it is a mess. Here on this board, many people do not know anything about ths fashion.
PURPLE COLOR AND BLACK COLOR GO VERY WELL TOGETHER , instead to critic, say us what you would wear, we could laugh
This week, I was in New York, and I saw women wearing long skirt with Tennis shoes. My god!!!
As NGaliteine is saying Charlene is far better dressed for a shopping than most of the wemen In the high street.
Charlene has a body which can wear many clothes. In the years 2000, she was a model for sawimmsuits in a magazine .

Well, I wouldn't agree with you. Just because someone in this board does not like something fashion wise, does not mean people do not know anything about the fashion.
It's not about what posters would wear, it's about what Charlene is wearing, and people are entitled to different opinions.
Laughing about someone's fashion choice isn't very nice, don't you think?

I repeat, Dark blue or purple color and black go together very well.
As we say in France, critic is easy but doing is difficult. and I will repeat here, many people on this board do not know anything in the fashion.
Some people love some princess and what they would wear, would be always smart or beautiful for these persons and what the princesses that they don't love would be always not beautiful.
Princess Charlene was very beautiful and very elegant this week. I prefer What she wore , when she was shopping in Paris . Blue dress, black jacket and black boots.

The show of Lacroix a famous house of fashion dark black

Christian Lacroix 14/23 - Tous les défilés

Last edited by a moderator:
As we say in France, critic is easy but doing is difficult. and I will repeat here, many people on this board do not know anything in the fashion.
Some people love some princess and what they would wear, would be always smart or beautiful for these persons and what the princesses that they don't love would be always not beautiful.
Princess Charlene was very beautiful and very elegant this week. I prefer What she wore , when she was shopping in Paris . Blue dress, black jacket and black boots.

I agree with the portion about some posters having their favorites and knocking anything and everything other princesses wear. If you need to denigrate someone else to make personal points about your favorite that shows insecurity IMO. You keep insulting other posters' opinion because you don't like what they're saying. Isn't that what you're accusing others of doing with regard to their favorites?

The colours you mentioned - yes, I would imagine they do go together well. But not always everything in those colours will go together well, and people are entitled to think something does not match (even if it seems to match colour wise). This is a discussion thread; everyone can say what they think.

As to your second repeat here: (
and I will repeat here, many people on this board do not know anything in the fashion.
this is what you think, but you don't know it, and saying that isn't a nice thing to say. Are you suggesting you know more about fashion than many people here? And please note, you base your comment (at least it seems to me you do) on the fact people are not liking what Charlene was wearing.

Princess Charlene in Paris on September 19, wearing a black jacket, boots and a dress with stripes - it's something different with these colours, so I like it :)
** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **
I love the dress, the jacket and the boots - but separately.
Together, as an ensemble, they just don't work for me.

Princess Charlene in red at the Van Cleef & Arpels Exhibition Launch in Paris on September 18, 2012 - looks great!
** Full view ** Upper part **

Earlier that day she had visited the offices of Van Cleef & Arpels's jewelers in Paris, wearing a more casual outfit again - the upper part is nice, but I'm not sure about that skirt, pants in that same colour would maybe have looked a bit better.
** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **
The red dress is smashing, absolutely love it.
The second (or, chronologically, first) outfit of the day is horrid. I wish she got rid of that skirt. It's probably very comfortable but horribly unflattering.

No one here (at least, no one that I'm aware of) is claiming to be a world-class expert on fashion.
We are merely sharing our opinions on various outfits worn by royals, guided by our own ideas of fashion and good taste. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps PC is in Paris arranging her clothes for the Luxembourg wedding, I am so excited about what she will wear as she was so lovely at Victoria's and William's weddings.

Heavens we all have to fashion experts to be here !!!!!! Thanks for your post Artemisia ... good lord!!! such presumption on the part of some .. amazing

Last edited:
"Fashion is what one wears ones self, unfashionable is what everyone else wears".......I think Oscar Wilde nailed it for all these fashion forums.

Fashion can be 'hit' and 'miss'. Plus, of course, it is very subjective. I like PC and want her to do well, look good, dress appropriate for the occasion. Like the rest of us (and even so-called fashion icons) she's had her fair share of 'misses', but then she's also had lots of great fashion moments -- like the red dress at the VC&A event last week. She's certainly come a long way for someone who, self-admittedly, did not have an interest in or know much about fashion. What I like most about her is that she's gradually developing her own unique style, seemingly asserting herself and not just dressing up in whatever advisers/stylists deem fit. For the most part she's also learning from her mistakes. Personally, I do prefer seeing her in brighter colours and a little more bling; garments and cuts that complement her athletic physique.

What makes these boards interesting to follow is reading everyone's different opinions (except those who are just plain nasty and vindictive). I've learned so much -- some of you guys are much, much more informed than people whose jobs it is to write about these royals. :flowers: But we have to respect each others opinions and have an open mind to learn something from it.

I can't WAIT to see what Charlene is going to wear for the upcoming royal wedding in Luxembourg -- hopefully with that dazzling Ocean tiara on her head! :clap:

It's not a matter of liking or not liking Charlene. It's just personal taste. To some, purple and black do match. To others, it doesn't.
To some, that combination looks good on Charlene, and to others, it doesn't.

It's not about "you people don't know anything about fashion". It sound quite hard, as if someone knows everything about fashion and the others don't know nothing and can't say if they like it or not.

She looked lovely on the red dress.

The fabric/work looks very pretty but there is not shape or cut to the dress. I am not a fan of stripy open backs on royals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom