The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
I repeat, Dark blue or purple color and black go together very well.
As we say in France, critic is easy but doing is difficult. and I will repeat here, many people on this board do not know anything in the fashion.
Some people love some princess and what they would wear, would be always smart or beautiful for these persons and what the princesses that they don't love would be always not beautiful.
Princess Charlene was very beautiful and very elegant this week. I prefer What she wore , when she was shopping in Paris . Blue dress, black jacket and black boots.
I agree with the portion about some posters having their favorites and knocking anything and everything other princesses wear. If you need to denigrate someone else to make personal points about your favorite that shows insecurity IMO. You keep insulting other posters' opinion because you don't like what they're saying. Isn't that what you're accusing others of doing with regard to their favorites?

Old 09-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I repeat, Dark blue or purple color and black go together very well.
As we say in France, critic is easy but doing is difficult. and I will repeat here, many people on this board do not know anything in the fashion.
Some people love some princess and what they would wear, would be always smart or beautiful for these persons and what the princesses that they don't love would be always not beautiful.
Princess Charlene was very beautiful and very elegant this week. I prefer What she wore , when she was shopping in Paris . Blue dress, black jacket and black boots.
The colours you mentioned - yes, I would imagine they do go together well. But not always everything in those colours will go together well, and people are entitled to think something does not match (even if it seems to match colour wise). This is a discussion thread; everyone can say what they think.

As to your second repeat here: (
Quote:
and I will repeat here, many people on this board do not know anything in the fashion.
this is what you think, but you don't know it, and saying that isn't a nice thing to say. Are you suggesting you know more about fashion than many people here? And please note, you base your comment (at least it seems to me you do) on the fact people are not liking what Charlene was wearing.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Princess Charlene in Paris on September 19, wearing a black jacket, boots and a dress with stripes - it's something different with these colours, so I like it
** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **
I love the dress, the jacket and the boots - but separately.
Together, as an ensemble, they just don't work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Princess Charlene in red at the Van Cleef & Arpels Exhibition Launch in Paris on September 18, 2012 - looks great!
** Full view ** Upper part **

Earlier that day she had visited the offices of Van Cleef & Arpels's jewelers in Paris, wearing a more casual outfit again - the upper part is nice, but I'm not sure about that skirt, pants in that same colour would maybe have looked a bit better.
** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **
The red dress is smashing, absolutely love it.
The second (or, chronologically, first) outfit of the day is horrid. I wish she got rid of that skirt. It's probably very comfortable but horribly unflattering.

Quote:
No one here (at least, no one that I'm aware of) is claiming to be a world-class expert on fashion.
We are merely sharing our opinions on various outfits worn by royals, guided by our own ideas of fashion and good taste.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Serene Highness

Perhaps PC is in Paris arranging her clothes for the Luxembourg wedding, I am so excited about what she will wear as she was so lovely at Victoria's and William's weddings.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Heavens we all have to fashion experts to be here !!!!!! Thanks for your post Artemisia ... good lord!!! such presumption on the part of some .. amazing
Old 09-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

"Fashion is what one wears ones self, unfashionable is what everyone else wears".......I think Oscar Wilde nailed it for all these fashion forums.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Aristocracy

Fashion can be 'hit' and 'miss'. Plus, of course, it is very subjective. I like PC and want her to do well, look good, dress appropriate for the occasion. Like the rest of us (and even so-called fashion icons) she's had her fair share of 'misses', but then she's also had lots of great fashion moments -- like the red dress at the VC&A event last week. She's certainly come a long way for someone who, self-admittedly, did not have an interest in or know much about fashion. What I like most about her is that she's gradually developing her own unique style, seemingly asserting herself and not just dressing up in whatever advisers/stylists deem fit. For the most part she's also learning from her mistakes. Personally, I do prefer seeing her in brighter colours and a little more bling; garments and cuts that complement her athletic physique.

What makes these boards interesting to follow is reading everyone's different opinions (except those who are just plain nasty and vindictive). I've learned so much -- some of you guys are much, much more informed than people whose jobs it is to write about these royals. But we have to respect each others opinions and have an open mind to learn something from it.

I can't WAIT to see what Charlene is going to wear for the upcoming royal wedding in Luxembourg -- hopefully with that dazzling Ocean tiara on her head!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's not a matter of liking or not liking Charlene. It's just personal taste. To some, purple and black do match. To others, it doesn't.
To some, that combination looks good on Charlene, and to others, it doesn't.

It's not about "you people don't know anything about fashion". It sound quite hard, as if someone knows everything about fashion and the others don't know nothing and can't say if they like it or not.

She looked lovely on the red dress.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Charlene at the South Africa Gala night in Monaco on September 29, 2012, wearing a spectacular crochet dress - looks like a piece of needlework art:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Back view 1 ** Back view 2 **
Old 09-30-2012, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The fabric/work looks very pretty but there is not shape or cut to the dress. I am not a fan of stripy open backs on royals.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:35 AM
Nobility

I saw it last night before I slept and I thought she looked amazing, it somehow reminded me of the old good days of when she wore that Christmas tree gown (in a good way)
Although the gown is brown she looks young and fresh, and the design is absolutely South African.
But I think the back reveals a little too much, don't know if you'll agree or not.

Charlene simply dazzled last night, and I love the silk underlay.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is rather on the vulgar side with its spidery brown lace on nude in exactly her skin color, with the back cut far too low with more criss-croosing spider webs tied in a knot creating an unappealing impression, and with that top center round motif protruding from the neckline which looks a bit silly.
Funny that, while clinging tightly, the dress indeed has no shape, as noticed by dazzling.
Her lack of hairdo is quite wrong with this look - not a good style for The Princess of Monaco overall.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:21 AM
Royal Highness

Charlene looked amazing, her dress has a desighn which is south african. It was a 'South Africa night" .
Her hairdo is natural and I like it. Yesterday, without jewellery or other, she dazzled
Old 09-30-2012, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Charlene herself looked very beautiful, but I don't like the dress at all. I mean, I wouldn't like it on anyone.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:23 AM
Serene Highness

I do think she looked lovely at the gala. The dress, shoes and bag all matched well and her hair was very neat. I think she was going for an ethnic look and the type of dress with those bracelets achieved that. She's definitely a one type of jewellry type of girl, either bracelets, earrings or necklace but never all together. I hope she wears some pieces together at the next Royal Wedding celebrations though.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:29 AM
Royal Highness

Not sure about this dress. Yes she wears it well and the spider motifs are quite stunning, but I might risk being old fashioned when I say it doesn't seem the kind of gown the first lady of Monaco should be wearing. It is very red carpet. and whilst I enjoy glam as much as anyone, I'm not keen on this look on her.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree Elly C. While I can appreciate how gorgeous she looks. I don't know if this is really appropriate. The back is really revealing. (yes she wears it well).
Old 09-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charlene's fashion choices has not been good lately. I don't know what's going on with her but she needs to get a grip.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's not my cup of tea. I'd be afraid of what would happen if one of the spider web strings would break or get caught on something.. :( It is just too exotic looking to be described as pretty or attractive.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I too am not a crochet dress fan .. reminds of when I was a girl... I like her hair andshe is wearing a bit of makeup , which is a relief, I just not sure about this gown ... maybe I know NOTHING about fashion and that is my problem.!!!!

Tags
princess charlene daytime fashion, princess charlene eveningwear, princess charlene fashion