The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 03:09 AM
Royal Highness

I am finding the outfits worn by Charlene recently what I would term as "unpolished". Overall, I think she is fine to choose some of the separates/ more casual combinations but lack of makeup no jewellery etc gives the impression she has just thrown something together, which when you are the guest of honour, is not a good impression. I have enjoyed quite a few of her clothes in the past year, and for me, just a few minor adjustments would make all the difference.
PS is Albert the only poor soul who has to wear the national costume other than the dancers?

Old 09-08-2012, 03:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSonatta View Post
I don't mind that outfit if she was going to the beach or going shopping. However, she's not.
Totally agree! I don't know what event they were attending, but it was obviously something of some importance, looking at the costumes of the girls and Albert's outfit, so she should have made an effort.

Otherwise I really like this outfit on her - if she were wearing it in private - agree that the "hippie" style stuits her

Old 09-08-2012, 03:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Last year, princess Caroline at the pic nic, princess Caroline wore the same grey long wide pants and the same shoes that Princess Charlene wore yesterday. A part the top, she wore the same outdress. and very funny, here the same people who critic Charlene said that Caroline was smart, beautiful, wonderfull.
I advice you to watch the pic nic of last year and read what some of you said about.
The pic nic is a casual event where all the native people of monaco came and it is adviced to wear casual cloths because it is outdoor and there is a very hot weather.

http://i54.tinypic.com/wqt0us.jpg
The look of caroline last year at the pic nic

Read what is said in Mail on line

Life's a picnic for Prince Albert of Monaco and his glamorous wife Charlene as they attend annual bash | Mail Online

It is the national outfit of monaco. Albert uses to wear this outfit at every pic nic apart last year.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think she looks fine for a picnic, he on the other hand looks silly, what is that thread around his neck and that horrible waistcoat.
http://i47.tinypic.com/1m4o2.jpg
Old 09-08-2012, 05:37 AM
Serene Highness

Like this outfit but as something she would wear in private. Recently she's been dressing far too casually at public engagements IMO. In the first few months of the marriage they were my new favourite royals and I thought her clothes were wonderful. The way she's dressing now though and the fact there has been no baby is making them less interesting to me personally.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

She was overdressed last year but this year she's gone too far in the opposite direction. She looks ok for a trip to the shops, but not for a national event where her husband's in national dress.

Why is she wearing a scarf in early September on the Mediterranean? Surely it's far too warm for a scarf?
Old 09-08-2012, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Princess Charlene casually dressed today. Albert looks festive...she just looks sloppy.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2n86hhf.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/1m4o2.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/jfghfq.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/dfhqmc.jpg
I dont think she looks sloppy at all. She looks dressed to the theme IMO.
She looks relaxed as well.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think she looks sloppy or underdressed. I do think she was overdressed last year but I love her outfit, think it's chic and elegant.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:51 AM
Serene Highness

It´s not what you wear but who wears it. Caroline would look fine in a sack of potatoes
Old 09-09-2012, 03:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

FOr YOU, Caroline would look fine in a sack of patatoes, for other persons she would look like ridiculious. For some persons, Charlene is the devil and the usurpater, what she would wear is always ugly. LOL
Old 09-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Courtier

I think there's nothing wrong with Charlene's outfit.
Last year it was very chic, this year it's more casual.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Neither do I, to be honest.
The outfit itself is actually quite nice, something I'd definitely wear myself (if my height permitted which, unfortunately, is not the case).
I guess the question is, was it really appropriate for an official event? I would say it was not inappropriate, but Charlene could have done a lot better.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Please remember that this is a fashon thread for Princess Charlene - off topic posts have been removed!
Old 09-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I have to admit that when I saw these photos the first time and compared Charlene's outfit to that which she wore last year I thought she was majorly under dressed.

However, a quick look at a photo of last year's Picnic was enough to show that both Albert and she were somewhat over dressed, probably because they were just married and Caroline alone was towing the usual family line.

Now this year Charlene has taken her cue from her sister in law Caroline as to what is considered appropriate for such an official occasion and, I think she looks delightful, especially when you look at what the majority of the other guests were wearing!

http://i45.tinypic.com/2n86hhf.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/wqt0us.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/jfghfq.jpg

Now both she and Albert are in official Monaco Picnic mode and everybody is letting their hair down, and once again the Monaco way is different to that of the rest of Europe.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

There is nothing wrong with Charlene's outfit IF her husband had not been so ddressy in his national outfit ... the whole thing to me looks like a after thought on C;s part.. actually she looks a little silly IMO , I agree that on the whole her outfits have been far too casual for many of the evente she has attended, and this is yet another example.
That Princess Caroline wore a similar outfit last has nothing to do with it IMO she was not the wife and well frankly I am not a great fan of her "style"
Old 09-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Nobility

I love the outfit. The Colors are lovely and she looks relaxed. She is not under dressed. But I believe she could do better.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

A nice look for Princess Charlene at the inauguration of the State National Council in Monaco today, September 12, 2012.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **
Old 09-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower

A nice look for Princess Charlene at the inauguration of the State National Council in Monaco today, September 12, 2012.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **
Lovely. Is it Akris?
Old 09-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Majesty

This is a nice dress. Charlene looks delightful.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Very pretty colour and the earrings look great IMO

Tags
princess charlene daytime fashion, princess charlene eveningwear, princess charlene fashion