The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 11:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Loved the dark red daytime outfit and quite liked the shimmery white evening gown with the earrings and bracelet.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The red dress looks nice enough to be worn without the bolero which simply ruined the look. A bit more make up was needed Imo with the red outfit.

The evening dress as a dress is not bad but she did not wear it well IMO. The hairstyle didn't suit the look though nice eye make up and lively earrings.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:15 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria's Secret View Post
Day-time look in New York: I'm loving the colour on her (and the dress/bolero jacket), but the lack of eye make-up makes her look like a ghost. Erm...

Evening gown: Now that's what a modern-day princess looks like! Beautiful gown, hair, make-up. Those earrings are TDF! Just enough glam and chic to make the right kind of statement. They both look fab and happy.
Agree completely aparat from the bolero thingy, very ugly. Love the evening look.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:14 AM
Serene Highness

I think, she can wear what she want, all clothes and outfits are ruined with her hair. She seems every time as a boy in woman-clothes. I hate it. Not ladylike.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Agree completely aparat from the bolero thingy, very ugly. Love the evening look.
And I agree with you The velvet (?) bolero is ugly indeed.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:00 AM
Royal Highness

Love the evening look and the wonderful earrings. Daytime not so much- as other folks have said the bolero doesn't work.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:31 AM
Courtier

I actually liked the bolero over the plum shaded dress. It added such an elegance to the overall look. The fact that it was a deeper shade really complimented the dress. This rich colour really works her and hope to see her in more of this shade. The white evening gown was simply exquisite designer perfection. Princess Charlene looked absolutely gorgeous in this classic look.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:42 AM
Gentry

The bolero is ghastly. The dress looks good on its own and suits her well. The evening dress was cheap and vulgar.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

That's one of the ugliest evening dresses I've ever seen. It's deeply unflattering for Charlene's figure, making her shoulders seem enormous as well as making her look flat as a pancake.

The day outfit was a nice colour but ruined by the bolero. Charlene needs better advice on her clothes as whomever she's employing to style her at the moment is doing her a disservice.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Charlene...magnificent! Her shoulders are well formed. IF you've got 'em, flaunt 'em. She's got 'em!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:56 AM
Courtier

I think she looks great! The bolero isn't my favorite, but the color is great on Charlene.

The evening dress looks wonderful - very her.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

That awful bolero ruined totally the daily outfit, and the shoes weren't good either. And she should have had more make up. But without the bolero she looked good in her dress.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagene...arlene4--a.jpg

The white evening dress didn't do her any favours, the fabric looks cheap. And the lack of bra made it look bad. I don't like her eye make up. But it's nice that she had some jewelry.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Aristocracy

Her evening gown has a very similar cut to Princess Stephanie's 1999 Red Cross Ball attire --refer to #40 post by tbhrc. For me, this is the most stunning Princess Stephanie looked, as if it was her prime.

I found the cut flattering to these similarly-built and exceptionally strong ladies.

A Retrospective: Red Cross Ball - Monaco
Old 10-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Royal Highness

I have to agree with EIIR and LadyFinn, the formal dress was just terrible. The material did look cheap and overall was not so flattering.
The red/fushia dress was very nice, great color and cut for Charlene. The bolero was okay, not great though.
Charlene is so hit or miss right now, I just can't figure it out. Some outings she gets it just right, others she's just a mess. For instance, her make up. It's like she can't decide how much or how little to wear. Very confusing.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

A cool look in black for Princess Charlene at the Versace Private Dinner at the Waldorf Towers in New York City on October 24, 2012. The coat is recycled.

** Full view ** Upper part **
Old 10-25-2012, 04:01 AM
Aristocracy

Now that's what I'm talking about! Great make-up and hair... she so totally rocks that look -- boots and all -- and I'm normally not a fan of PC in black.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:18 AM
Courtier

Red dress: perfect!!!
white dress: great!
black outfit: absolutely perfect!

As for the make-up I wish she could decide whether to use more or less.
But no make-up makes her look very pale, almost ill.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:33 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Charlene absolutely rocks this outfit, perfect!
Old 10-25-2012, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Not a fan of the boots but the whole look looks great.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:47 AM
Nobility

Does any one have a pic of her wearing that coat before?

Tags
princess charlene daytime fashion, princess charlene eveningwear, princess charlene fashion