Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 4: April 2012 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlene you are forgiven! For all your oversized pajamas from the last weeks, and the bad hair. This blushing pink gown with the hair is just fan-freakin-tastic. She looks beautiful and radiant again. I guess I was wrong in thinking her best fashion days were behind her. A- all the way.

She's been married less than a year and you already thought that time enough to think all was lost?

That's the spirit! :p

Charlene you are forgiven! For all your oversized pajamas from the last weeks, and the bad hair. This blushing pink gown with the hair is just fan-freakin-tastic. She looks beautiful and radiant again. I guess I was wrong in thinking her best fashion days were behind her. A- all the way.

Isn't it amazing? She looks like a goddess, I am not exaggerating! I wonder who designed that gown? :whistling:

For me she was the best dressed in both lunch and dinner with glamorous and royalty look !

Charlene looked nice at the luncheon - a very elegant and sophisticated choice in a great color for her. It was, however, too shiny for me. I like the shoes, but I am undecided whether they complemented or made the look one that was a little too blue. I liked her hairstyle.

At the dinner she looked absolutely gorgeous...stunning! Wow. Gown, hair, makeup, jewels, shoes - Charlene perfected classic elegance and understated glamour, sophisticated femininity, and regal presence. It is not only my favourite look from the night, but - for me - also one of her best...so very, very beautiful.

View of the dress back
Dress Back View

From all sides Charlene looks regal and elegant - and mature, nothing wrong with that. She reminds one of a serious born-to-the-cloth princess. ;)

"The Swan" 1956, Grace Kelly, Louis Jourdan, Clip #2 - YouTube

The evening gown Charlene wore for the dinner hosted by Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall:
- Full view 1
- Full view 2
- Side view

Absolutely gorgeous!
I don't even mind the dress is pale beige / light pink; it's really beautiful and elegant.

Some gorgeous pictures in this cache -

A vision in oyster pink-including the shoes which I am LOVING!

Getty Images - Search: princess charlene buckingham palace 18 May 2012+#

Last edited:
Charlene looked great.I liked both outfits but my favourite one is the pink one.
She looked fantastic in it.Pink is really a very nice colour on blondes:Charlene,Mette Marit,Mathilde
I love her short hair but I think I will get bored with it within a few months

This is the dress she should've worn at the Oscars, rather than at Buckingham Palace. The dress itself is ok, although the top of it emphasises her broad shoulders. I don't quite know what's going on with the hair, but at least it's better than the 1980s bouffant from lunchtime.

I just can't quite get past the feeling that she's trying too hard here, which is odd because for most of her marriage she's looked like she's not really trying at all. (..)
But, at least there was no beige, so that's an improvement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought she was the most elegant lady at both Windsor and Buckingham Palace. She really rose to the occassion.

She should've had her roots done before the event. If blonds aren't going to be super disciplined about getting them touched up on a regular basis, they should just stop dying it and go natural. Mette-Marit has had a similar problem before also. Dark roots with blond hair is just always unattractive.

Wow Charlene in this dress really shouldn't be photographed with Camilla. It really just makes Camilla's dress look even less regal and more unattractive. That night Charlene was like a star whose brightness consumed those around her.

She should've had her roots done before the event. If blonds aren't going to be super disciplined about getting them touched up on a regular basis, they should just stop dying it and go natural. Mette-Marit has had a similar problem before also. Dark roots with blond hair is just always unattractive.
Blonde hair is not like gray hair. In adults it does not spring from the scalp brilliant blonde but rather darker and when it sees the light it gets lighter. Any woman with totally blonde hair at the roots gets it out of a bottle!

I agree, Charlene looked fantastic. Love the dress and especially its cut, simple yet elegant and sexy. Perfect!

Blonde hair is not like gray hair. In adults it does not spring from the scalp brilliant blonde but rather darker and when it sees the light it gets lighter. Any woman with totally blonde hair at the roots gets it out of a bottle!

Charlene obviously dies her hair a lighter blond colour. She had clearly visible dark roots yesterday, which means she's not getting the colour renewed soon enough to minimise the unsightly line between light blond hair and darker brown non-died hair. Here she is in 2007, no dark roots showing here:

Charlene Wittstock Photos - Entertainment Pictures Of The Week - 2007, September 6 - Zimbio

Perfect perfect perfect and a colour to die for !

:previous: I must be blind as a bat because all I see is that she has lost the excessively tanned look, for which her skin will thank her in twenty years, and she wore a much lighter and softer pink lipstick that had a satiny effect which makes her lips appear a little larger.

Last edited:
I've read that the current trend among the rich and famous is to have black roots dyed in and then have the rest of the hair coloured the desired shade of blonde, the purpose being to give the impression that the client is a natural brunette with no greys. I have noticed over the years that Camilla has had very black roots which I have always been perplexed by so perhaps this is the reason. I'd also like to say that I am equally perplexed at the regularity with which some posters enter this thread with nothing but vitriole to say against PC. We are all here to give opinions about things but I don't know why some people make a point of commenting negativley about royals they don't like.

Last edited:
:previous: I must be blind as a bat because all I see is that she has lost the excessively tanned look, for which her skin will thank her in twenty years, and she wore a much lighter and softer pink lipstick that had a satiny effect which makes her lips appear a little larger.

IDK, unless she overoutlined her lips, they definitely appear plumper to me and somewhat alter her appearance.

Last edited:
Isn't it amazing? She looks like a goddess, I am not exaggerating! I wonder who designed that gown? :whistling:
I'm pretty sure it's a costum Akris. she looks amazing , seriously , but why does she always look AMAZING when in England ??

Perhaps that there stands to be a hightened interest in what she wears? The British Royal Family attracting global media covereage unlike most other royal families.

Charlene really gets it right in Britain. Classically understated and demure. A complete vision of elegance. She plays to her strengths and wears softly subdued colours and shades that flatter her beautifully.

(...)

The dinner appearance is one of my favorite looks from Charlene. She does seem to being growing into her role as princess beautifully.

Please note that this thread has had a major clean-up: Several speculative posts have been removed - speculative discussions about possible cosmetic surgeries are unwelcome according to the TRF rules. Further posts will be deleted
without notice! Apart from this: this is a fashion thread! Thanks for your understanding!

Charlene's dress was perfect for the occasion and looked superb on her. I can't help but wish she had kept her hair though...

Somehow I think Charlene has found her groove. It is hers and hers alone, it is not "fashionable" it is 'Charlene' the way she likes to look and feel. It has obviously given her great confidence as she handled the dinner like a pro. When she emerged so gracefully from the car the full impact of her overall "look" was stunning.

A perfect picture in pink, her gown both elegant and graceful, her hair a vision of 1950's glamour, I was amazed, so too were the photographers as they seemed to have their fingers stuck on 'flash" mode, and yet she just sort of smiled and glowed and floated effortlessly up the carpet, which considering the 5"-6" heels of her gorgeous, perfectly matched shoes, was no mean feat.

A class act from a class lady.

That soft pink gown is one of my favorites of any gown this year. Very elegant and simple. Jewels are perfect, although I would have loved to see a small diamond brooch. She looks really beautiful.

I'm pretty sure it's a costum Akris. she looks amazing , seriously , but why does she always look AMAZING when in England ??

Maybe she just feels more comfortable the further she gets away from Monaco?

Or may be:
-she makes more efforts in dressing when she is representing her new country abroad
OR
-Out of respect for her hosts especially when it's a great monarch as Queen Elizabeth.
Believe me,If one day I had the chance to be invited by a great monarch my friends will not even recognise me:lol:

This is the dress she should've worn at the Oscars, rather than at Buckingham Palace. The dress itself is ok, although the top of it emphasises her broad shoulders. I don't quite know what's going on with the hair, but at least it's better than the 1980s bouffant from lunchtime.

I just can't quite get past the feeling that she's trying too hard here, which is odd because for most of her marriage she's looked like she's not really trying at all. (..)
But, at least there was no beige, so that's an improvement.

This is exactly what she should have worn to the Oscars! :whistling:

As far as "trying too hard," I notice that she is curtsying to people that she doesn't necessarily need to, like the PoW and the Duchess of Cornwall.

Maybe she is afraid of committing a faux pas. Better safe than sorry, perhaps?

In any case, she was more gorgeous than she has looked since her wedding day last year...brava!!

Last edited:
EIIR said:

It does seem she dresses better outside of Monaco then when she is doing duties in Monaco.

She looked so beautiful and princessy in that soft pink dress. So gorgeous and regal looking!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom