Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 4: April 2012 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like the new haircut. I am pleased that she is willing to evolve her style.

She has a background as an athlete so is possibly someone who feels short hair is easier to look after.

I always felt that she grew long hair to be the storybook image of a princess and to make it easier to attach a veil. (I did the same thing but only waited one week after the wedding to go back to my preferred short hair cut).

Now she is more comfortable in her role she is confident enough to style her hair as she likes it. It is nice to see someone willing to take risks with their appearance.

Remember actress Diane Keaton, who earlier often wore masculine suits and even ties. That didn't lessen her femininity, on the contrary. Same goes with Charlene and her trouser suits. Like the style.

Remember actress Diane Keaton, who earlier often wore masculine suits and even ties. That didn't lessen her femininity, on the contrary. Same goes with Charlene and her trouser suits. Like the style.
ITA! Charlene pulls it off and to me, she looks feminine and original. Maybe the new style is a sign that she comes to terms with the changes her life went through in the last year. I certainly hope that she "get's her groove back". :)

I think Charlene does have her "groove" back. She has done yeoman's work considering all the ugly speculation about her and her wedding. Way to go, Ms. Princess!!!

And for all the people out there who don't like her new look... Hair grows faster than you sometimes want to ;)

I don't think Charlene looks the least bit masculine even with the short haircut.

I said, with the hair slicked back like she had it in her first pictures makes her look masculine. Short hair on a woman doesn't necessarily equal masculine, Charlene just needs to style it better.

In pictures like this:
There is an article about the short hair of charlene
Princess Charlene of Monaco Haircut – Style News - StyleWatch - People.com
Charlene had short hair in the years 2008, 2009, the hair was a little longer than now

She really looks quite bad and old.

Last edited:
Purepeople.com - Princesse Charlene : Avec son frère, elle assiste à un concours qui a du chien

Attending the Monaco dog show, wearing a beige and white outfit, very flowing and baggy look. Not like the figure hugging dresses she used to wear.

Charlene's style might be more like Katherine Hepburn and Diane Keaton than Grace Kelly. Charlene has an entire life shaped and molded by an athletic lifestyle, not by a haute couture-fashionista-trendy life style.

Last edited by a moderator:

Here are two clearer pics of today's outfit

- I think with short hair those wide looks work, it wouldn't have worked with long curly hair.

** Full view ** Upper part **

Is it just me or does this look like she's wearing really ill-fitting pyjamas? Just so drab.

I think that this sort of casual waer would be great at home it's love;y but I think it is too casual for an engagement of any sort.

Its a dog show and she looks very casual and elegant.

I don't know about this outfit. Okay for the occasion but not my cup of tea.

This outfit is most definitely not to my liking; it's both shapeless and colourless.

Charlene finds a style or look and stays with it. Right now she favors white and beige. Last year every top or dress was strapless. She is still finding her own way with fashion. She looks nice and will only improve with time.

But all this beige and cream just don't flatter her, they completely wash her out. I assume that she's got stylists and it's not as if money's an issue, so how can she keep getting it so wrong?

I dont find it too bad. Charlene has a big frame and can carry these lose outfits well. She looks happy & comfortable in the pictures and I prefer this look to a usual fake-barbie overstyled Monaco look.
She does wear a lot of beige, too much, but somehow it suits her. The new haircut is fantastic on her.

(..) I know it's a dog show but I still think she should look smarter as she is there to present the prizes and I am sure her presence means a lot to the contenders (the owners, not the dogs!)

I'm not a fan of this look. The trousers are too wide, and could pass for work-out attire, and the colors wash her out completely. I like the scarf, and her hair. Charlene needs to wear more vibrant colors, because beige, white and grey wash her out completely.

Charlene's style might be more like Katherine Hepburn and Diane Keaton than Grace Kelly. Charlene has an entire life shaped and molded by an athletic lifestyle, not by a haute couture-fashionista-trendy life style.
I think you have nailed it. She is not a fashionista, she is definitely "Charlene", and her style is evolving as a very distinct one and it is not cutting edge "fashion" but haute couture in it's truest sense.

Palazzo pants make a comeback, but that's how fashion is nowadays - old designs just get recycled with a new look. This is very retro, but I can't say that I like them very much.

Last edited:
ooo...Love it! Very elegant and classy. Not too many could pull off this look, she is tall and slim enough.
Love the newly styled short hair.

I love it! Looks great - I like her clean, minimalist style and color palette - I don't see that it washes her out. Very little patterning going on - its all about flow and fabric and presenting her simply. With these clothes she overwhelms no one around her - and no one else compares to her. Her new hair cut looks fabulous. Perfection.

I think you have nailed it. She is not a fashionista, she is definitely "Charlene", and her style is evolving as a very distinct one and it is not cutting edge "fashion" but haute couture in it's truest sense.

My ignorance prompts me to ask. :blush: What do you mean by "haute couture in it's truest sense"?

Last edited:
iceflower said:

- I think with short hair those wide looks work, it wouldn't have worked with long curly hair.

I don't know what Charlene is trying to prove but shes been on my worst dressed list for awhile now. She used to be so stylish, now all she's wearing are these pajama type outfits. She hardly even wears jewelry anymore and her hair could use some styling. I hope she gets out of this phase quickly.

Pity she hides her perfect figure with this kind of clothes

Charlene looks wonderful to me. Beige, cream, black, tan, white: all sophisticated tones. This is so much better than the "island" stuff she used to wear. The cut of the outfit being discussed shows off the beautiful fabric to a T.

Ooooh, what a gorgeously lovely, floaty outfit! It's quite exotic really, and if it came in mesmerising and contrasting shades to, would e perfect for a warm summer's night! It's interesting in the first picture to see the difference in the cut of clothes between Charlene and the lady on the right - who is wearing a very lovely yet fitted outfit. Charlene's outfit allows her to float along graciously with movement and intrigue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom