Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 4: April 2012 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks fantastic. I hope to see other colors in her wardrobe that beige, brown, taupe, neutral, ecru, creme and so on.

Not my favorite look but certainly appropriate for an event on top of a windy roof.

I bet she was glad today that she cut her hair or it would have gotten even more messy.

One of my favourite colour combinations she looks great.

I like her regular inclusion of trousers in her public formal appearances. I just don't get the almost "no no" attitude of British royals. They're practical and smart. No problems of skirts rising for Charlene on a windy day.

This is a very appropriate and professional look on Charlene. I really like the addition of the white scarf.

Another instantly forgettable outfit from Charlene.

I don't dislike the hairstyle, but it completely limits her hair options. It's basically going to look like this for the foreseeable future. I certainly couldn't see her hair supporting a tiara unfortunately.

I don't dislike the hairstyle, but it completely limits her hair options. It's basically going to look like this for the foreseeable future. I certainly couldn't see her hair supporting a tiara unfortunately.

Its not like there are a lot of tiara events in Monaco. Even National Day seems tiara optional, with even Caroline having given up wearing them recently. The new short cut probably will go well with the diamond Foam tiara should the need arise and I suppose hair pieces could be used if required for something bigger like the Ocean tiara.

Princess Diana wore easily tiaras with short hair. The hair of Charlene will grow a little. Princess Sophie of Essex, Queen Sophia who have short hair, wear easily tiaras.
I think Kate of Cambridge must also cut her hair, because these long hair does not fit her.

Charlene's hair is much, much thinner than Diana's or Sophie's. Their hair had/has body but Charlene's is pretty much flat. The short style limits her ability to also use extensions without it looking completely ridiculous. It just means she has very, very few options hair-wise.

Charlene never seemed to have fantastic hair anyway, it only looked it's best when she wore it up, like at her wedding. I agree she has flat hair with limited body, she needs to open some hair mags to find some pretty styles for people with short hair.

Kate is very boring with always this hairdo.
Charlene will wear very easy tiaras with short hair or kong hair.
It is as many here criticed the fact that the weddding ceremony will be on the palace place. what did we see? a magnificent wedding.

This thread is neither about Catherine and Diana nor about the Princely wedding, please get back
to the topic of this thread - Princess Charlene's fashion choices!

Princess Charlene at the inauguration of the Turtle Island area at the Oceanic Museum of Monaco on
April 24, 2012, wearing jacket and pants in camel/beige and a white scarf:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

I think it's the perfect outfit for this occasion!
Not my favorite color but it suits Charlene very well!

I agree with you, it was my first thought as well. But its Monaco, not "heavy" royaly like Britain etc and therefore I think it will work out for Charlene. I dont want to see tacky hair extensions to over the top fake hairpieces either, but in general I cant even think of many tiara events and eg the Ocean Foam tiara will work with this hairstyle too (the Ocean Jewel, not so much).
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1tJRDXdUTOA/TiBiObaSChI/AAAAAAAAScE/Dp8c8kJr-lU/s1600/726.jpg
http://www.shoppingblog.com/2011pics/the_ocean_jewel_princess_charlene.jpg

I think it's the perfect outfit for this occasion!
Not my favorite color but it suits Charlene very well!
And that's what counts! It is perfect for her and the colour suits her. In fact she looks more animated holding her hair back than I think I have ever seen her.

I am actually excited that, unlike all the other young(ish) CP's, she has done something quite radical. She chopped off the obligatory "long hair". But then I think we also need to acknowledge that Charlene is not a Crown Princess, she is a Consort, and that is a very big difference.

Today, in that one shot, for the first time I saw more than possibilities. A natural, unaffected look that is to be admired.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

I look forward to seeing how this pans out.

I think Charlene's new "do" is less limited. The long hairs, generally, wear it down or in a pony. Charlene can part it to the left, right, straight back, straight up, with fringe, without fringe. But, not all at the same time.:ROFLMAO:

the princesses of Monaco, Charlene, Caroline, and Stephanie do not never wear a tiara at a event in Monaco, Princess Grace wore tiaras during the monegash events. Perhaps, it will change further with Charlene but I doubt.
I think we will see Charlene wearing the tiaras at royal events in others royauties like a wedding, a birthday of a reign where the couple of Monaco will be invited, but it is very rare. Also I am surprised to read the critics about the tiaras.

Its not like there are a lot of tiara events in Monaco. Even National Day seems tiara optional, with even Caroline having given up wearing them recently. The new short cut probably will go well with the diamond Foam tiara should the need arise and I suppose hair pieces could be used if required for something bigger like the Ocean tiara.

You are correct. Monaco does not have many functions where a tiara is necessary. Usually Grace wore a tiara in official portraits and not to their National day celebrations.

As for Charlene's new hairstyle. I think it's cool, although I'm not sure if it is the best one for her. She's a bit masculine and this style, especially if she wears trouser suits, makes her look even more manly IMO. BUT I like it that she changes her hairstyle every now and then. The same old same old, gets easily boring. I even think it could look good with a tiara, it depends on how it will be styled and hair grows fast. ;)

I am generally fond of long hair but short haircut does suit Charlene.
Still prefer her with longer hair though.

I have never been fond of her hair long, its quite thin for it to look healthy being long. Shoulder length or just shorter suits her nicely. I think she went too short, looks too masculine for me to like.

I like her short haircut, it's cute on her!

I think if she had a chin-length bob that would have been short enough. I think this style is too short.

Yeah a chin length bob would have been the best and would less masculine; but again a different style of the current cut would have been good as well. Hair that short and in that style isn't that great.

I think her hair would be a lot harder to control if it was chin length but as to the statements that the length makes her look too masculine . . . . :lol: :ROFLMAO: :lol:

Are we talking men or metrosexuals? :D

I think Charlene's new "do" is less limited. The long hairs, generally, wear it down or in a pony. Charlene can part it to the left, right, straight back, straight up, with fringe, without fringe. But, not all at the same time.:ROFLMAO:

I agree - and its going to grow out slowly so we'll see variations.

I don't understand the man-stuff look. She looks very female to me - very much so. Sporty, though - must be such a relief to have short hair again for swimming and all.

This is a look that was very 'in' back in the 1950's - even into the 1960's. Some of the very famous with this (not exact, of course) short style was Audrey Hepburn, and Julie Andrews - and there was the famous cut of Mia Farrow. Its really a very timeless look for those with the face and bone structure to support it. Very fresh and free. I always have it for the summer myself - but I don't wear tiaras, so.....

I think it make her look older and more mature in a way....I don't loooove it but I don't hate it, and in general am glad to see someone try something different and new hairstyle wise.....

The hairstyle is different. Not bad but not great (IMO). I think that her cutting her hair has more to do with her hair type and her willingness to style it on a daily basis that trying something different. Meaning her hair type looks to be more suited to a shorter style and would take less time to style on a daily basis than a longer style. I have a feeling that Charlene is not one to take a long time in the bathroom getting ready.

Mannish??? Charlene, IMO, is one of the most feminine of our modern princesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom