Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 4: April 2012 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks like a boring kindergarten teacher; she still also hasn't learned how to style short hair.
You must have gone to a rather posh kindergarten. Most people would not dress up to be around a lot of little children with finger paints and toilet issues.

This color complements Charlene beautifully. She looked very fresh and springy and feminine. Although the outfit was lovely without and although Charlene does not need much jewelry to sparkle, I would have liked to see a little more jewelry.

She looks like a boring kindergarten teacher; she still also hasn't learned how to style short hair.

I've known (or known of) a couple of very glam kindergarten teachers...Diana Spencer for one. Do you have any idea that you are probably insulting half of the women who visit here who are teachers of one kind or another?

Charlene is lovely, not quite beautiful. Same as Kate and GDTB (grand duchess to be) Stephanie are lovely, but not beautiful. The older princesses are lovely too, but there's not a truly beautiful one among them (if you're only talking about physical beauty).

KittyAtlanta said:
I've known (or known of) a couple of very glam kindergarten teachers...Diana Spencer for one. Do you have any idea that you are probably insulting half of the women who visit here who are teachers of one kind or another?

Charlene is lovely, not quite beautiful. Same as Kate and GDTB (grand duchess to be) Stephanie are lovely, but not beautiful. The older princesses are lovely too, but there's not a truly beautiful one among them (if you're only talking about physical beauty).

Seeing as how I have taught children from age 4-12 I suppose you are saying I am insulting myself. And Diana was anything but glamorous when she was a teacher.
Nice try with your attempt to put my comment on her looking like a boring kindergarten teacher, which she does, on the same level as you insulting every woman who has ever worn or brought open toe strapped shoes.

Last edited:
I find the green outfit really plain and ugly, the shades don't suit together, green doesn't suit Charlene at all and she should have had a little more make up.

she should have had a little more make up.

If you really mean 'a little' and not much more - okay, though I very much like her here. Generally I see her make-up as perfect - it augments but does not overwhelm or even replace her face. There is a an OTT tendency with make-up these days - I have theorized that its a GOTH influence - but I really don't know what is driving it. Some princess-types have a much too heavy hand with the make-up and are creating caricatures of themselves - like a mask. Not good - not pleasing - IMO.

Last edited:
It's a nice outfit, though I'm not sure about this shade of green. I think I don't like it that much. But Charlene managed to pull it off, IMO.

Question - is what appears to be a shawl with the apple green dress part of the dress (in which case it is a little weird) or is it an actual shawl? I liked the more kelly green dress she wore before better.

:previous:
I don't think it's part of the dress; just a matching shawl.

Princess Charlene at a mass in Lourdes, France on May 13, 2012, as part of the 54th International Military Pilgrimage,
looking lovely in a simple but elegant combination of dress and jacket - perfect for the event:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

The general design of the suit is lovely, but I'm really not sure about the lace which she has on in some pictures - looks out of place.
Of course, given the event, it was not inappropriate.

Last edited:
The lace is a mantilla or head covering. Not so common now (50 years ago all women at a Catholic mass would be wearing one or a hat) but in a pilgrimage sit like Lourdes not unusual.

Regards.

The mantilla was appopriat, The white mantille is the custom of the catholic women of Monaco, The princesses of Monaco must wear this mantilla and not a hat , Lourdes is not in England but in France and it is the most big sit of catholicism in the world.
It Was a big military internationaly mass over presided by the prince and Princess of Monaco.

Thank you carrief and melina premiere additional details. :flowers:
I understand now that considering the event and especially the location, the mantilla was indeed appropriate.

Princess Charlene at a mass in Lourdes, France on May 13, 2012, as part of the 54th International Military Pilgrimage,
looking lovely in a simple but elegant combination of dress and jacket - perfect for the event:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Like the suit - especially the sleeves - very interesting detail there with the openness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very beige and blah but considering the event I'd say Charlene looks good.

I love the outfit on her the beige maybe a bit light on her but it is really appropiate for the occasion IMO

I am not sure that beige (or at least the shades of it that she favors) is Charlene's color - sometimes it seems to look good and other times ok - but it was a fitting choice considering the event. Color aside, I think she looked very elegant and sophisticated. I like the blow wave.

I do wish she wore some color, but the suit does look nice, as does the lace mantilla.

Charelene looks lovely. I think she's becoming a great favourite of mine at long last. She's certainly a great asset to her country and has dressed very appropriately for the occassion.

:previous: I'm with you on that one, Jack. I think Charlene's style is uniquely her own and she looks really fragile and feminine without being wimpy if that makes sense?

Her penchant for the cream and beige palette suits her and her ensemble for the Mass in Lourdes provided a good example, The sleeves were really interesting and weirdly enough Charlene's beautiful white lace mantilla looked really good with the beige. She looked lovely wearing it and her hair now really reflects her personal style.

Why is no one in her staff telling her that beige is the last colour she should be wearing? It washes her out completely. She generally looks unhappy, so she needs something to draw the attention of those who are looking at her, and make the awkwardness and discomfort less blatantly obvious. The beige just doesn't do that.

It just looks like something we've seen on her so many times before.

I always have to giggle at Albert in uniform. Most men are improved my military uniform, he is not one of them.

I would say that from the Rose Ball onwards she's looked far from unhappy, they are constatntly beaming at each other. I love this outfit but the colour isn't great for her.

:previous: I'm with you on that one, Jack. I think Charlene's style is uniquely her own and she looks really fragile and feminine without being wimpy if that makes sense?

Her penchant for the cream and beige palette suits her and her ensemble for the Mass in Lourdes provided a good example, The sleeves were really interesting and weirdly enough Charlene's beautiful white lace mantilla looked really good with the beige. She looked lovely wearing it and her hair now really reflects her personal style.

I think that makes very good sense!

It's important to understand the individual style here, not just what conventions state. Transforming from a sporty athlete with a tall statuesque figure into what most people's assumptions of how a fairytale princess should look is not an easy task. But I think Charlene is doing exactly the right thing if the last few outfits are to go by. Her physical presence is stong and tall and athletic and so what I think is required is less structured, less armour plated clothes in less vibrant in-your-face colours. Accoringly, Charlene's style is very simple elegance, wearing very light tones in very light fabrics with hardly any complicating accessories and in the same shade from head to foot, rather than more obvious colours in heavy, fitted fabrics with too much bling. The green dress she wore recently is an example of what I mean: it was incredibly feminine, in a soft shade of green which allowed her inner strength and obviously strong physique to be tempered and made effortlessly elegant.

I know that beige in itself can be rather a safe, if not boring, shade to wear. It doesn't suit everyone and it seems - from what people say - to be a colour Charlene should not wear even though she obvioulsy likes it. And there lies the key - Charlene likes beige, feels happy and comfortable in it and exudes just as much elegance as if she wore more colour.

We can all avoid beige and cream and wear something else, but maybe we should try a colour not traditionally suited to our colouring and just see what happens. Stepping outside the box of what is safe and sane has created a unique look for Chalrene that few other women or indeed princesses can replicate. And that is the key to Charlene's style.

Another boring color but she looks better than she has in her most recent outfits. At least this one isn't swallowing her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom