Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 3: January 2012 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 3 of the thread for Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 2: September 2011 - January 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Princess Charlene at the award ceremony of the Circus Festival in Monaco yesterday, January 24,
wearing a coat, boots, turtleneck and skirt all in black. The pullover has some interesting details,
the whole look is nice, only a bit boring for the glamourous gala.

** Full view ** Close up ** Upper part without the coat ** Full view **

Last edited:
WOW! I like the outfit!!! Especially the boots!!!

I liked her Milan outfit she was shopping the colour was nice for the situation IMO

Not too crazy about this look; too much leather. But the boots are indeed very nice.

I'd like the outfit much better without the over-the-knee boots. She's totally encased in black with no break in between!

I like the outfit, too. Wish I could wear it! The outfit follows the monochromatic rule of various textures. I particularly like the turtleneck.

An interesting combination - I really look forward to seeing Charlene's outfits lately. Much as I love the boots, I tend to agree about the unrelieved black - but she carries it off.

January 26, 2012 - Charlene in a beige coat and beige scarf. She looks like she is wrapped up well but the overall is quite boring and dull. She doesn't have the complexion to pull off this shade of beige without looking pale.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

Same gorgeous coat as shopping in Milan! But where was the pretty aqua scarf?

She definitely needed a shot of color with that coat, especially with a different scarf by her face. She looks too washed out.

Agree mixing an interesting scarf would have been a nice touch!

She does look a little pale with all that beige, but the coat is gorgeous. A brighter colored scarf would have made the look a little more vibrant.

dazzling said:
January 26, 2012 - Charlene in a beige coat and beige scarf. She looks like she is wrapped up well but the overall is quite boring and dull. She doesn't have the complexion to pull off this shade of beige without looking pale.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

I think it's too much beige and she looks plain and make up less

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

With a colourful scarf this outfit would have been perfect!

I do agree Duke of Marmalade. it is a lovely coat in a pale shade of fawn. However a rich and contrasting scarf would have completed the look instead of the simple beige one she chose. She still look lovely though.

Last edited:
January 26, 2012Pic 1 ** Pic 2

I like it. Charlene is being very elegant and understated overall. Interesting choices. She is not pulling attention to herself with something flashy. (Not that she 'shouldn't' - its just an overall very 'calm' sense one gets from her - she's not trying to 'prove' anything. I like it.)

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

I agree with what you say, and I also find the coat too big for her. So this was a miss, IMO. ;)

I just observed that she was more daring,enthustiastic and experimental with her style when she was just the "fiancee" but now,her fashion style is just nose diving imo..from boring beige and black colours,it's now off to boring,shapeless coats/dress.She does'nt even know how to properly accessorize her severe outfits.Her black ensemble during the circus gala night was so severe looking for me she looked like the housekeeper from the film Rebecca.

What's the deal with the shapeless coats?the one that she wore to Milan and St.Devotee?they are so 1960's..the kind of coat Queen Elizabeth II wears with her scarves on her hair..And now another shapless coat to the futball match ,ouch..and remember the horrible "maternity" beige dress,gosh!..I miss the old Charlene,who dresses because she likes to experiment and you can see that twinkle on her eyes but now?

Well,I guess at least she is consistent with her style,which is,to consistently wear boring,shapeless clothes.Her style is really( I quote).."flat as a pancake".Thank you,Akris.

Last edited:
I completely agree,somehow her way of dressing has changed after her wedding.She still wears high quality materials and designer wear,but the coulours and shapes aren´t overly exciting.I wish she would pull out some of her lovely pre-wedding outfits,she had some dresses that really made me go "wow"!

Charlene is a free woman, she wears what she likes, no matter the critics, the important thing is that she feels at ease in it.
I saw her at the three important events of this week: Gala of the circus, two ceremonis of the saint devote fests.
I attended to the burning cannot and to the mass of the cathedral yesterday where every body could attend. I could say you when I saw her getting down the central way with Albert, she had a such presence and a such elegance that she did not need to wear such a colour or a cut of cloths to be beautiful.
I met her also by surprise on the place of the palace,on last thursday, she walked with her black labrador,only followed by a bodyguard. She had no make up, her hair simply attached on the neck, she was wearing, a blue dark anorack well cut, black leggings, small boots . She was very nice and many tourists did not recognized her. I took two photos of her but she walked so quickly that we cannot see her very well.

Her fashion looks nice and it's ok. But it's nothing spectacular.
She should combine different colors and not stay unicolored. That would help a bit ;)

You know the way Charlene said that her main ambition as Princess would be to bring fashion back to Monaco? Anyone have any idea when she plans to start?

It amazes me how much of a let down she's been fashion wise. With all those millions, and no doubt dressers and stylists galore, beige and black coats seem to be the best she can do?

She really needs to up her game.

Charlene is a free woman, she wears what she likes, no matter the critics, the important thing is that she feels at ease in it.
I saw her at the three important events of this week: Gala of the circus, two ceremonis of the saint devote fests.
I attended to the burning cannot and to the mass of the cathedral yesterday where every body could attend. I could say you when I saw her getting down the central way with Albert, she had a such presence and a such elegance that she did not need to wear such a colour or a cut of cloths to be beautiful.
I met her also by surprise on the place of the palace,on last thursday, she walked with her black labrador,only followed by a bodyguard. She had no make up, her hair simply attached on the neck, she was wearing, a blue dark anorack well cut, black leggings, small boots . She was very nice and many tourists did not recognized her. I took two photos of her but she walked so quickly that we cannot see her very well.

Thank you for this. Its what I see, too - though I have never personally encountered her, of course. Current fashion has become very 'costume-like' - most often the clothes are 'wearing the woman'. Charlene is such a uniquely striking woman she doesn't need to be splashy. Her style seems to be unique in a time when the 'norm' is quite other - so in this sense she very much is forging a 'new' fashion path, though its simplicity is classic and timeless. I am intrigued.

P.S. BTW I have no problem with splashy and the current trends - and enjoy looking at them - just that I see Charlene as almost bucking those trends - creating a 'radical' different style by being so understated. Interesting choice. 'Very Chanel'.

Last edited:
I think Charlene is looking very good. I like her more honed style. She looks very comfortable in her clothes rather than dressed to make an impression.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

The coat is really nice but maybe a dark brown scarf would look better against her fair skin and help break up all the beige color.

WOW! I am coveting that coat. Looks like cashmere, or perhaps vicuna. A prime example of my daywear fashion philosophy --- let fine fabric be the main detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom