Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 3: January 2012 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she looked wonderful. Her broad shoulders were something she was born with. Swimming may havd made them muscular, but that didn't make them broad.

I think she looks great. Gorgeous dress and hairstyle. She doesn't need jewlery but I REALLY want some!

:)
Princess Charlene chose a gorgeous gown for the Rose Ball.
I love it; it's simply, elegant and very flattering. Great hairstyle too.

- The dress
- Close up
- Hair

LOVE THIS! So beautiful - especially with that little dash of color from the flower and box she has in her hand. Total simplicity. She has not overdone - hard for so many - temptation is to do more. She doesn't 'need' it. She is 'jewel' enough. :) Lovely. Is that black velvet? Looks yummy.

Hair is outstanding. Good call. She is showing off those marvelous shoulders and yards and yards of wonderful skin. Great make-up, too.

Later: Look behind Charlene in the first picture - a dead ringer for Prince Ranier. Is that a relative of the Grimaldis?

Last edited:
It was too simple. Waaaay too simple.
She never risks.
She looked ok, but not beautiful. Sorry.

I agree. She looked very nice. I especially liked her coiffure. This ball is a theme ball and it is OK to dress more for the ball than to just choose a simple gown.
Charlene is continuing to evolve and improve her fashion instincts.

With her position, as wife of a prince in a billionaire's playground, she has access to the best couture houses in the world. I hope that she takes an interest in designers such as Elie Saab, Badgley Mischka and Calvin Klein.

She seems to like Akris and that is OK but other designers would suit her very well. A minimalist look is good and muted tones rather than colors is OK but I hope that she is willing to look at different couture houses too. Remember that she is an athlete, not a former prom queen so I suspect that her athletic background might have a lot to do with her comfort in minimalist type of choices in attire.

I just wish she would stand up straight with her shoulders back! It always appears as though she is slumping..

Artemisia said:

- The dress
- Close up
- Hair

This is actually a fairly nice dress, closer to her pink, grey, and dark red stunners from last year. Actually a rather sexy look. Maybe because it isn't a few frontal view, but her shoulders don't look as huge as they usually do in strapless outfits which is a good thing because usually she looks like a linebacker. The only bad thing about the gown is that she doesn't seem to have the bust to fill it out well.

Last edited:
Quite a boring dress but very safe. The silk top part is a bit aging IMO. Pity that she went for very simple. She could've blamed this look up with jewelry.
The fringe doesn't suit her well.

All the newspapers and the fashion sites are saying this morning that Charlene dazzled at the rose ball. At use, it is always the same people who critized her here

All the newspapers and the fashion sites are saying this morning that Charlene dazzled at the rose ball. At use, it is always the same people who critized her here

I guess we all have our opinions on outfits and how one looks.
Fashion sites & blogs might see it as a fashion statement but others see it from a different view. Whether fashion sites & blogs like it or not doesn't mean we have to agree with them :)

As others said, (too) safe, simple, abit boring. No dazzle but I love the hairstyle & Charlene looked best of the Monaco ladies for me that evening.

I love this dress, elegant and simple. What it needed was some jewels. A brooch at the waist in front, a bracelet it would be perfect imo.

Great outdoor look for snowy conditions and I like the scarf as well.

The woman next to Charlene has got a scarf in the same style.
Maybe a gift?
Or a nice gesture of Charlene wearing a scarf in a national style.

Well melina, you can't pretend that everybody see her beautiful and perfect like you do.
She could have done better. Get used to other people's opinion.

It's like me saying that you never like what Caroline wears, which is true, you never do.

She looked lovely at the Rose Ball really simple and elegant. And she looks totally freezing in Finland .... will it ever warm up there ???

I don't like this dress, she looks like a sausage, but of course comparing to what Caroline was wearing, she was looking much better. I like though how she did her hair and the simple black headband contrasting with her blonde hair
I don't know what happened to Monaco's royals this year, their fashion in the Rose Ball was a total mess.

Last edited:
The woman next to Charlene has got a scarf in the same style.
Maybe a gift?
Or a nice gesture of Charlene wearing a scarf in a national style.

Yes, a woman with a traditional Lapland dress told that she saw that Charlene was having cold and asked from the people in her company, could she give Charlene a scarf. Charlene said yes, the woman gave her the scarf and Charlene was very pleased with it.

A very thoughtful gesture and the scarf goes so well with the coat, it could have been one of Charlene's. Thanks for this, LadyFinn.

The scarf is really nice, and gives the whole look a little bit of a personality. Lovely, overall.

I really like the outfit in Finland , she looks amazing and so natural in that freezing weather , love how she's makeup-less

Princess Charlene's a lovely lady, but I didn't like what she wore to the Rose Ball this year.

The dress was okay, but she has worn way better, especially last year, nobody but nobody could top her when it came to the fairytale magical dresses she wore, in particular that Swan type gown she wore to Prince William's pre-wedding dinner.

This one doesn't come close, but it wasn't bad either. However, the hairdo I didn't like, the bun looked fake, like she used a huge hairpiece, not natural. Though I know the 60's was all about those big puffy bouffant hairdos, lol. :D

Anyhow, she was still lovely, she's doing a great job as First Lady of Monaco! :monacoflag: :cheers:

Princess Charlene today in Enontekiö, Finland, attending the Sámi culture´s St Mary's Day by watching reindeer races.
http://is13.snstatic.fi/img/468/1288457567993.jpeg
http://suomenkuvalehti.fi/s/mediagallery/2012/3/25/775520/wj251734v.jpg
I like this look with a scarf.

She looks nice and warm. I like the scarf a lot!

- The dress
- Close up
- Hair

I think it's an elegant dress and safe for her figure. ;) I love the hairstyle, she looks so sweet!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this dress, elegant and simple. What it needed was some jewels. A brooch at the waist in front, a bracelet it would be perfect imo.

Exactly my thoughts!!!! Lacking of a bit extra glitter, especially on the ears :D
Bye Bine

Boris, I couldn't agree more about the jewelry. If ever there was an outfit that SCREAMED the need for chandelier diamond earrings, this was it IMO.....

Boris, I couldn't agree more about the jewelry. If ever there was an outfit that SCREAMED the need for chandelier diamond earrings, this was it IMO.....

She's young and beautiful. She needs none of the 'overlay' that age needs to look dazzling. She looks free and natural - brilliant! I continue to be impressed with her style instincts. Letting that head float above those shoulders on her long neck - without distraction - pure poetry.

Reminds me of Audrey Hepburn.

Charlene departing from Norway, March 27, wearing a nice winter coat in white and grey
with a matching turtleneck, jeans and boots. Fits into the scenery:

** Full view ** Full view 2 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom