Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 3: January 2012 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like the above gowns, Charlene seems to prefer simple lines and minimalistic designs. I applaud that.

Le yawn. I don't even much like the dress... it's just not formal enough for an evening event. And yes, I get it Char, you're not competing with the starlets, but you could look like you made an effort. A dress like the one Kate wore in LA last summer would have been perfect (and I have to admit I found that a bit dull at the time), for the Oscars, it would have been shiny enough, but still said 'I'm a Princess, and I don't need to stick my leg out of my frock Miss Jolie'.

I thought her Oscar dress was very boring.Not a fan of the high neck.I do love her hair style.

Anyone remember the black strapless gown Kate wore at the end of last year? If it wasn't velvet I think it would have been something that a Princess would wear to the Oscars. Charlene has done better and should have done better.

I didn't like the turtleneck of the dress. They belong on sweaters and tops, not a formal dress. Other than that I liked her dress with it's clean lines and simplistic elegance. Her hair and makeup were nice too.

Very boring, and... she always have that "angel" face...she cannot look a bit different..even if she changes her clothes and way of dressing she will always have that expression...and I don't like it...she should dare more...she should bold more...

well i finally saw the whole dress she wore at the oscars...imo none of it work for her the hair...doesnt work the neckline is way to high for her face and hair and the dress doesnt fit her body type but the dress is very pretty
imo this gown would have work but she would have to have something more on her shoulders

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

Thanks, dbarn67! It's the same dress she wore on February 21 in Monaco. Only this time together with a scarf:

** February 21 **

She wore at this evening the same dress but she added a scarf and she changed her hairdo.
Charlene was amazing at all the evenings at the oscars evning, beautifol dress, beautifaul hairdo,wonderfull earings. She was also very nice at the two parties before oscars.
All the french sites (purepeople, trendpure, public, closer ) praising her glamour and her elegance. so the fashion sites(I send some articles about)

I'm really impressed by the length of Charlene's hair.
She should wear it like this more often but I guess it's kind of hard with these thin hair to have a great hair style.
She looks much younger with long hair!

Thanks for posting the pictures, dbarn67 and iceflower. :flowers:
I like the whole look, from the dress and clutch to the hairstyle. Charlene looks absolutely beautiful with long hair. :)

Last edited:
Charlene does indeed look beautiful and her longer hair is so flattering in that style and so soft for her features. Lovely dress and clutch, and Albert looks ready to bust with pride.

Last edited:
I get it Char, you're not competing with the starlets, but you could look like you made an effort. A dress like the one Kate wore in LA last summer would have been perfect (and I have to admit I found that a bit dull at the time), for the Oscars, it would have been shiny enough, but still said 'I'm a Princess, and I don't need to stick my leg out of my frock Miss Jolie'.

I didn't like the dress kate wore in LA. I'm glad Charlene didn't wear anything like that. The three dresses that were posted that Charlene wore previously are far prettier than anything Kate has worn.
Re: the high neck, it wasn't the best feature of the dress but it wasn't horrible either.

I don't like Charlene's hair, it looks like a messy 80's hairdo.

Thanks for posting the pictures, dbarn67 and iceflower. :flowers:
I like the whole look, from the dress and clutch to the hairstyle. Charlene looks absolutely beautiful with long hair. :)

The hairstyle is a nice change from it always being pulled back. This is a younger look with a twist, I like it better.

For me, the shorter Charlene's hair is the better. Not liking the fussy long style at all.

But she wears it stylishly rather than just loose and hanging in her face.

I only like her hairstyle,I am not liking the dress.

iceflower said:
:previous:

Thanks, dbarn67! It's the same dress she wore on February 21 in Monaco. Only this time together with a scarf:

** February 21 **

I think she looks best in prints. I didn't like the outfit she wore at the Oscars.

Princess Charlene wore a gorgeous outfit for the opening of the Grace Kelly exhibition Bendigo Museum on March 10, 2012 in Australia.
I absolutely love how Charlene looks; from the outfit to hairstyle, she looks so great! Not only is the ensemble very attractive, but the Princess is positively glowing; she appears to be having a wonderful time. :)

Last edited:
A brilliant choice for the occasion. Close up the detailing looks exquisite. I'm probably one of the few who prefer her hair a little shorter, although I like it when she wears it up. Love the shoes too.

Lovely dress but quite a lot of embellishments for a daytime event IMO. I like the little puff cap sleeves fully embellished. The hairstyle is all wrong, fringe looks a bit of a mess.

I agree dazzling, it does feel a bit much for a daytime event.

I have to say that this one is a miss for me. I don't really like the back of the dress or all of the embellishments.

Photo from Getty Images

Although, I do think the color is nice and her shoes are cute.

Last edited:
I agree dazzling, it does feel a bit much for a daytime event.

I have to say that this one is a miss for me. I don't really like the back of the dress or all of the embellishments.

Photo from Getty Images

Although, I do think the color is nice and her shoes are cute.

Quite a deep V on that dress. She would've pulled the back off well with hair all up.
As it was a daytime dress, I would've liked to see the back have the same V cut as the front and not so low.

I'm just looking at the pic posted by Smush & judging by the ladies who are near her on the steps, I think she seems fairly in keeping with the other guests. If she'd worn some serious jewellery then it might be a bit over the top. Shoes are very glam though!

She begins her opening remarks with "Good evening everybody" so apparently it was an evening event and not a daytime event. Remember it is summer in Australia so it stays light outside longer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom