Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 3: January 2012 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I like about this gown is the shade of grey, but it doesn't look that great on Charlene. I think she would have looked better in a brighter color (and a different dress).

I don't care for this dress at all. The color is all wrong and I don't care for the little sheer capelet around her shoulders. Charlene could do so much better..

I think this is the nicest evening gown she has worn in a while. I also like how she changes her "look" be it make-up, hair whatever rather than seeing her styled the same way all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the dress, the style and color. The thing that ruins the look is definitely the face and makeup; probably the worst she has ever looked.

As always speculative posts have been removed!

I love this dress, brighter makeup would have helped her skintone, but I think it is beautiful!

I think she looks good in that gown , i love the new earrings as well ! the cut fits her perfectly ! i just wish it was in a bolder color , i like her romantic makeup as well

I find the dress to look not so great on princess charlene and there is something a little off, but I can't put my finger on it....

Princess Charlene chose a gorgeous gown for the Rose Ball.
I love it; it's simply, elegant and very flattering. Great hairstyle too.

- The dress
- Close up
- Hair

Last edited:
Another big disappointment from Charlene in a row. This dress doesn´t suit Charlene at all, and the hairdo doesn´t suit to the dress. Strapless gowns don´t look good on Charlene, and this doesn´t make an exception. If the dress would have been all black, it would have looked much better.

It's a nice dress.Nothing special about it.I hate the headpiece.

A very safe und utterly boring choice of dress... at least it's not in greige.
The hairdo is supposed to reflect the 'Swinging 60s' theme I guess, but it looks slightly comic on her.
I don't quite understand why she is so underbejeweled, what's with all her new jewelry - still on display for the tourists?

I see nothing elegant or Royal looking about this simple gown. Boring is putting it mildly.
I also wish she would learn to stand up straight.
Agree with Boris re her lack of jewels... She needs to step it up in that department.

I don't quite understand why she is so underbejeweled, what's with all her new jewelry - still on display for the tourists?
Is this a new ring, or she has worn it before?
EDIT: Quite disappointed to say that it's her engagement ring. I thought it was a different one.
Thanks to Baroness of Books for providing the picture of the engagement ring from the same angle.

Last edited:
I'm not liking the dress. Perhaps if it didn't have that gold bit on the top it would have been all right. The whole looks is just off, in my opinion.

I like the dress of Charlene, she is the woman who wears the most beautiful dress , she has the hair do that the women wore in the years of the swinging London. the theme of this ball. The fringe fit her very well. She is really very beautiful and smiling .

A very safe und utterly boring choice of dress... at least it's not in greige.
The hairdo is supposed to reflect the 'Swinging 60s' theme I guess, but it looks slightly comic on her.

I agree about the jewelry.Oh Charlene,wear the Ocean tiara already!

Is this a new ring, or she has worn it before?

Here's the same ring on another occasion, taken from Charlene's jewel thread:

http://cdn.24.co.za/files/Cms/General/d/1319/40c50ac8fb7f44b58ca3ed22ba7a6174.jpg

I don't like the dress - it looks like a bandage across her chest - and the lack of jewels; surely not everything is on display for the tourists. Didn't she wear an interesting pair of earrings just the other night? And that strapless gown just cries out for some bling on her neck and a bracelet would not have gone amiss, either. I truly dislike her hairdo as well.

Last edited:
The whole appearance of Princess Charlene reminds me of empirical Jane Austen, which I like very much ....by the way, where did I hear once, that young beauties do not need jewelry.....

It is.
From the first pictures, I thought it was a different ring; the angle of the picture made it look a bit more delicate than the engagement ring.

The whole appearance of Princess Charlene reminds me of empirical Jane Austen, which I like very much ....by the way, where did I hear once, that young beauties do not need jewelry.....

Well, there's no doubt that Charlene is a beauty, but I hope it doesn't mean that all those glorious jewels will remain in hibernation if she barely wears any of them!;)

While Charlene is a beautiful woman, I just don't understand why so many of her eveningwear choices emphasize the width of her shoulders, which is not her best feature. I hope the Rose Ball gown tonight will be better.

:previous:
Oops, I hadn't seen the Rose Ball pics. My bad for not reading all the posts!
And while the gown itself is gorgeous, once again the first impression is of her wide shoulders.:bang::bang::bang:
Maybe she is trying to replicate the famous elegant simplicity of her mother-in-law, but Princess Grace had a far different type of body and always seemed so effortless while Charlene always gives me the impression of trying just a bit too hard.
Perhaps some more time in the public eye will improve her confidence. After all, in the fashion sense, things can only go up from the pajama pants effect of her civil wedding ensemble.:flowers:

That is right, too, Baroness.
And, Aliza, brought shoulders, even wíth a woman, are an advantage IMHO, and advantages must be underlined.

That is right, too, Baroness.
And, Aliza, brought shoulders, even wíth a woman, are an advantage IMHO, and advantages must be underlined.

I agree that broad shoulders can be an advantage for a woman. The late Diana, Princess of Wales certainly had broad shoulders and a rangy frame. IMHO, probably due to her swimming, Charlene's shoulders overwhelm the rest of her lovely figure and not underlining them might make her entire look more elegant and balanced. But hey - we all have different opinions and taste; the world would be boring, otherwise!:flowers:

I thought she looked quite elegant, and probably the best dressed of all the Grimaldi ladies.

It was too simple. Waaaay too simple.
She never risks.
She looked ok, but not beautiful. Sorry.

Lovely but boring and disco. She still a very pretty woman.

The dress draws all the attention to her broad shoulders. The gold lamé style bust looks a bit cheap to be honest. The hair isn't great; I know she's got very fine hair but the hair piece that's been dumped on top of her head just looks so fake.

It's just all so 'meh'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom