Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 3: January 2012 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's elegant look, but I agree, way too casual and too dark, considering the event.

Perhaps we should look at what Charlene is doing, rather than what she's wearing (sentiment taken from another thread).

:previous:
That's what the current events thread is for. But in fashion threads, what royals are wearing is quite important too. :)

I don't get it, why too casual???
It's not a daycare for royals or millionaires and she's not visiting the opera.

I like her outfit very much. Not all in one colour and not too overdressed!
Something different from what we are used to see but something totally appropriate.

Last edited:
I liked the light colored balzer over the black, and the softness of the scarf. To me it was appropriate for Princess Charlene....

It's formal enough for the engagement and I like it.

I agree that it's a nice look. The only critique that I have is her hair-do seems too severe.

I think Charlene looks OK, but nothing special. It's a business-casual look, which works for this type of engagement.

I think this is a fine look for a daytime engagement, although the scarf seems too heavy and weighs the look down somewhat.

I think Charlene looks OK, but nothing special. It's a business-casual look, which works for this type of engagement.

I agree, anything more would have been too much for this type of engagement (opening an empty day care centre)

Charlene looks very appropriate in the black and white ensemble. I love her smile in the one photo. She looks happy.

I think this is a fine look for a daytime engagement, although the scarf seems too heavy and weighs the look down somewhat.
My thoughts exactly. A little less scarf, or in a lighter color would have been nice.
This way, we can't really see the gorgeous looking cut of the blazer.

I don't think Charlene looked casual at all during the daycare centre. That jacket is quite dressy. She kept it simple with all black.

I don't like the netting on the shoulders and the skirt, the rest of it's ok though.

Again, for me, what she's wearing is overshadowed by her general demeanour - uncomfortable and unhappy.

I love Charlene's dress including the netting on the shoulders. It doesnt emphasise them and is a nice addition. Not fond of the grey colour though, it washes her out.

I like the style of the dress but not the color.I would have prefered it in blue or red.

I like her dress, the grey color seemed to be grey, all the women on the photos wear e grey dress on the photo.

Charlene looks great and it's a lovely dress but I don't like the color.

I don't care for the dress as much as I care for the color that washes her out big time. Her make up doesn't help either.

This isn't a good dress for her, the top part in particular didn't flatter her at all, IMO.

I dislike the sheer fabric that descends over her bodice, but not the part on her shoulders. It looks to be detachable. It's a lovely style gown, but the color isn't good at all for her, or she needs more makeup. In Iceflower's first photo, she looks absolutely pallid.

Last edited:
I like this pretty dress on Charlene. I wish the illusion fabric ended before the bottom of the dress. Also, the lines through her midsection make me want to straighten out the fabric to make them staight.

Last edited:
It's all odd the colour is not great on her but the no makeup is what is the issue I think !! Why would you go bare face to a gala??? All very strange IMO

I actually absolutely love the dress on Charlene.
It's a bit understated (colour-wise) but very beautiful nevertheless.

iceflower said:

Princess Charlene at the Martell Cocktail Event on March 22, 2012 in Monaco, wearing a lovely long gala dress:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

I don't like this dress on her at all. Charlene thinks because it's a designer dress it will automatically look great on her and that's definitely not true. She's not wearing the dress, the dress is wearing her,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom