Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 2: September 2011 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Welcome to Part 2 of the thread for Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 1: July 2011 - September 2011 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

It is interesting to see that in a few short months Charlene has changed direction with her style.

After years of cutting edge Armani evening gowns with sharp angles and the brittle elegance of deep, deep colours and an over-abundance generally of black and endless variey of strapless gowns and jumpsuits, it seems she is moving to a softer more luminous look than that of her previous milieu.

Her gowns are in more flattering neutrals, the materials softer, more feminine and flowing, almost romantic. Her hair is dressed in a softer, elegant, yet flattering style and her make-up too is gentler, more luminous and I for one am not sorry to see the back of the heavy-handed black eye-liner.

It was harsh and ageing whereas her overall new look is softer and more natural. She looks more relaxed and although I would love to see her smile more, she seems calm, relaxed, almost serene.

Within a few months she has morphed from;

Charlene. Une robe signée Armani - mariage-monaco - ParisMatch.com

and;

Full Sized Photo of princess albert princess charlene durban 02 | Prince Albert & Princess Charlene: Oyster Box Dinner Party! | Just Jared

to this;

http://i54.tinypic.com/11kcy9e.jpg

and;

http://i51.tinypic.com/wurz8m.jpg

And finally to this;

http://i55.tinypic.com/2ev7zlw.jpg

and;

Photo from Getty Images

I hope she can keep it up, although realistically we are in for a few more fashion Wows or Ouches in the next few years as she settles into her own unique style.

Last edited:
This is a truly lovely gown, I think the color is a little off for her, it blends into her skin, but I still think she looks gorgeous. Wow has she built up a trousseu (sp) fast!

Princess Charlene at the annual 'Pique Nique Monegasque' (Monaco's picnic), on
September 10, 2011 in Monaco, wearing an elegant coat and a matching dress.

** Full view ** Upper part **

She looks stylish, but a bit boring for me.

Caroline's outfit seems more appropriate for a picnic, but Charlene still looks good. Has she worn this before?

Very striking, these two different necklaces together, of Princess Charlene.

iceflower said:

Nice outfit, but the color is too dull for Charlene. I like to see her in pinks and purples.

Caroline's outfit seems more appropriate for a picnic, but Charlene still looks good. Has she worn this before?
I have to agree that Caro's outfit is more appropriate for the picnic.Ever since the wedding Princess Charlene is more and more formal. This particular outfit is beautifully tailored but does make the new Princess looked washed out a bit.Since the fall collectons throughout the world ask for colour l it might be a good idea to punch something up with splashes of it.jmo

She looks really nice and that is a lovely outfit but not for someone her age, someone older. I really like her pearl necklace and how she wore 2 one longer than the other.

Princess Charlene brings touch of elegance at this sort of event, it is a very important event in Monaco. She is the princess sovereign and she decides what sort of dress code there will be, before Prince Albert was single and princess Caroline was the first lady now times changes with Charlene.
I like her dress and her light coat, She wears blue very well. and I like the necklaces.

Charlene looks classy and elegant and she easily pulls off such expensive and high quality outfits. For me she is easily the best dressed royal among her age group out there. Yes, the outfit might be a little dull due to the colour but I still prefer it a million times to those outfits of the "fashion victim" CPs who are either worn by labels and dont wear them, or fail on the part "how to dress as a princess" and dont think before getting dressed.

Caroline's outfit seems more appropriate for a picnic, but Charlene still looks good.
I agree. But if Albert wears tie and jacket Charlene can wear this coat ;)

Who can judge that it was not appropriate ? as I said , Charlene is now the first lady of Monaco and no more Caroline, times change, it was not a pic nic not with baskets and sandwiches, Charlene made no fault, she knew how was the dress code and she wanted to dress like this, Albert wore a tie and jacket.

It's a very elegant outfit.Love the color.

Quite a nice outfit... she looks perfect !

I like her new look-soft colours,natural make-up that makes her look flawless and princess-like,she looks nice in her flowing silk dresses and she has a good figure to wear these feminine,elegant clothes! Maybe if she grows more confident she will also try out to wear coats that are a little bit more modern.The coats she has worn recently were well-tailored and had a beautiful colour but IMO seem a little bit old-fashioned. Fashion fromValentino or Elie Saab would look absolutely fabulous on her I`m sure...
Valentino Fall 2011 Couture Collection on Style.com: Complete Collection

It is interesting to see that in a few short months Charlene has changed direction with her style.
Recent appearances certainly suggest this, and I for one am hoping it is an evolvement, a transformation into a princess. Charlene is a beautiful woman but has been a little too inclined to 'display' (for my tastes). So here's to her more 'demure' choices! :flowers:

Agree with you...I don´t like most strapless dresses and tops & I don´t to wear them because I´m always afraid they don´t stay where they should *lol*

Not too keen on her latest outfit. The jeans look like they're too big, and the strapless shirt is not doing her any favors.

Ooooh, noooooooo! Not her best outfit, for sure. That hideous flared leg must be coming back into fashion. Letizia wears it, now Charlene...who is next? I mentioned a couple of months ago that the '80s were returning. Hope everyone either likes that very unflattering trouser style...or learn how to sew, quickly. LOL

Charlene´s outfit at the lunch was totally wrong for the event. She looked like from outer space. A glittery strapless top that didn ´t suit her at all.

Im not a fan of strapless for royals at an official event or during the daytime. The top looks more evening look that daytime. She looks like she is going to trip over in those long pants which don't flatter her. Charlene does tend to do better at more official engagements than at normal official events IMO.

I wonder how Charlene got those huge shoulders. People say it is from swimming but I have no idea how that could affect the width of your shoulders. I must say the top makes her head look abnormally small. Anyway, I think she looks great and even if she does have broad shoulders it is very rarely that she doesn't make it work. The color of the shirt goes very well with her skin tone. The only thing I would change is make the shirt longer down and make the pants tighter around her waist. I think she looks rather good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom