Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 2: September 2011 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Charlene at the Fight Aids Gala in Monaco, December 1st.

Black again, but very elegant, I like it!

** Full view ** Close up **

In my opinion black is too harsh for her, but the dress is nice and the shoes are also great.

I like the style very much, and you can't beat the little black dress.

Princess Charlene at the Christmas village opening in Monaco on December 5, 2011,
wearing wide black pants and a nice beige coat:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

When looking at Charlene, it seems to be so effortless and simple to look elegant and chic... another great look for her, other female royals take note.

I like coat a lot. She looks elegant, not too stiff but nice. Finally some 'color'.

Yet more beige.

For this occasion it's a good choice of clothes.
It seems to get colder in Monaco ;) I like the outfit.

I really like the coat, and the look in general.

I like the shawl-type collar and the simple lines of the coat, but would have preferred a more seasonal color. A deep red or green would have looked lovely. But I adore her clutch!

Last edited:
A vey comfortable and practical attire . But I agree about the limited colour palette.

Princess Charlene at the Climate Action Networking Reception on December 7, 2011 in Durban,
South Africa, wearing a recycled white one shoulder dress, looks a bit too reduced.

** Full view ** Upper part **

The dress is abit to short and it looks too flimsy to me, finding it the wrong attire for this occasion. Charlene looks pretty uncomfortable.

The dress is abit to short and it looks too flimsy to me, finding it the wrong attire for this occasion. Charlene looks pretty uncomfortable.

Although I like the dress, you are right in that it's a wrong (too festive) dress for that particular event.

It is summer there in Souyh Africa, it is a dress for summer. When I see the children around the prince at this event, It is not a gala with tralala without protocol nor decorum. Charlene is very confortable and relaxed. Ihe fashion is for the short dresses when I see the short desses of Cathrine of Cambridge, Victoria Of Sweden and Charlene of Monaco. They are right, rhey are young and they are not grandmamas.

Last edited by a moderator:
The silvery dress is very nice and something different for Charlene. Surprisingly the one shoulder dress doesn't draw attention to her large shoulders. I'm sure she stole the show at the event.

I like the dress but I also think Charlene moves a little clumsy in this dress, at least what I can see in the pics.
But the dress is really nice and it suits her!

The dress is fine and as XenaCasaraghi says it somehow doesn't draw attention to her broad shoulders. But, I wish she would wear some different colours. It's almost always beige or black.

The dress is all right, and Charlene can pull that type of style off. She looks nice.

It is summer there in Souyh Africa, it is a dress for summer. When I see the children around the prince at this event, It is not a gala with tralala without protocol nor decorum. Charlene is very confortable and relaxed. Ihe fashion is for the short dresses when I see the short desses of Cathrine of Cambridge, Victoria Of Sweden and Charlene of Monaco. They are right, rhey are young and they are not grandmamas.

You should see what people are saying about these short dresses in Catherine fashion tread.

I agree with you if they want to wear short dresses let them whether or not it in fashion. They are not showing us anything distasteful. If you got legs flaunt them

I can't make my mind up about the one shoulder dress - another view of it might help. The shortness doesn't bother me. it's more the minimalist style - in this instance it doesn't quite work for me but I don't know why ( perhaps the lack of colour again)

It doesn't work for me either, Elly. Can't put my finger on it. Perhaps it's because I've always thought one-shouldered dresses should be reserved for evening. It looks funny in the day time.

I thought the dress was a little too short but I like it.

I thought for a day event this dress looked too formal, especially when Charlene is standing beside a person who's wearing a flack jacket and T-shirt. It would have been of more interest as well if the fabric had some design or pattern to it.

Last edited:
personally I dont care a fig what she wears. She is tall, slender and pretty. She can pull of almost anything. I just wish she would DO SOMETHING WITH THAT BLASTED STRINGY HAIR!!!!
Sorry! as a stylist with 25 yrs experiece, it bugs the heck out of me to see someone with tons of potential and them not making any bit of change. A little bit a layers, some soft waves would make a world of difference to her face and to the clothes she wears. oh well! I know people are afraid of change and maybe she is one of them!:sad:

Bad hair seems to be the constant thread amongst the princesses.

Yes, it would be nice to see Charlene vary her hairstyles more; I like when she wears it down and curling softly around her face. That's a lovely look for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom