Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 2: September 2011 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm underwhelmed by that black coctail dress she wore to the exhibit..while nothing is wrong with the cut itself.I just find it so flat and boring..also,I can't understand her aversion to put on one big statement jewelry.A diamond brooch,or her diamond bracelets would've been nice.A smashing accessory could always enliven a boring dress imo.

I love this dress. I think she should wear this style more often - it play down her broad shoulder.

I couldn't agree more.
The first pic/dress is more stylish.
The second one, especially from the backside, is very plain and by Albert wearing a bow-tie and a white shirt it's sort of inappropriate for the occasion IMO.

Both black dresses are beautiful and fit Princess Charlene wonderful :)
Classy and elegant dresses.Love it :flowers:

The first black dress is okay, however a plain black dress like this must be assessorised properly with something substantial like a good size brooch. I do not think the single string of pearls is enough here. Her hair looks lovely and the overall look is good. I do not think the second dress is right for her at all. The fabric looks cheap and the dress is not nearly sophistoicated enough for Prince Albert's bow-tie look. Maybe an elegant necklace or brooch would have "lifted" this outfit.

Last edited:
Bow ties are not restricted to formal wear. Albert is wearing a suit, not a tuxedo at the second set of photos.

Charlene could wear, IMO, a paper bag, with or without jewelry, and look teriffic.

Whatever Charlene wears she always looks stunning; every inch a Princess.

I'm agreeing with those who have stated that the first black dress looks better than the second. The first one is indeed more classy and elegant.

I like the first black dress as well; it's your simple, classic little black dress. I wouldn't have been averse to seeing a brooch or a long-stranded pearl necklace, though, and perhaps a pearl bracelet. And I'm loving her hairstyle in that photo; it softens her features and is just a flattering look for Charlene.

Princess Charlene at the Parish Saint-Martin' Centenary Anniversary Celebration Mass on November 13,
2011 in Monaco, wearing a beige dress and a black coat.

A litte colourful highlight is missing, maybe a little scarf or a coloured necklace, brooch or something like this.

** Full view ** Close up **

I can't really tell about the coat because of the watermark but really doesn't look good with the dress. She looks very washed out.

not really a good look. Bad hair, hideous dress and coat

She likes to wear black these days :cool:
And she looks like she didn't care for a perfect hairdo.
But I like the whole outfit.

The dress does nothing for her.She look too tired to dress up!

She doesn't look bad at all (to me anyway). The only improvement I could suggest is a darker color for the dress.

I dont like the whole look of the out fit , she doesnt look well , could be the colour of the outfit I suppose.

I do quite like the outfit but I just think she looks very washed out and under the weather.

Hope it's some good news on the way? The dress seems to be baby doll cut.

Albert and Charlene visited a school, 11.11.2011
Avec Albert - - Albert et Charlene de retour l'école - ParisMatch.com

I love what she's wearing but in the current events thread some people have been complaining it is too short

Yes but some of those people believe she should not be The Princess Consort and if she has to leave the palace should probably cover her self up in a nuns habit. They will never be satisfied with anything she does or wears.

I thought Charlene looked like a perfectly normal 33 year old woman. I am sure the schools kids have seen a womans knees before:ermm:

Princess Charlene at a charity ceremony related to Monaco's National Day celebrations,
November 17, wearing a nice dark coat and pants:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Thank you Iceflower. Now that is a very smart charcoal grey suit which suits Charlene perfectly. I do love the cut of the trousers and the short trench coat style jacket is very flattering indeed. A really chic look for Charlene. She looks absolutely lovely.

Last edited:
Black again. But I like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the trench coat and the look of the trousers. She looks very elegant and sophisticated.

After looking at all the photos, it seems black is the "in" color for official stuff. Almost everyone had on some black. Perhaps Charlene is just following the lead of the people.

Yeah maybe. But it's bit too much black lately.
I would have liked it better with long hair.

The suit is not complately black, it is almost grey, the color is a mixture of black with white points. We call it in 'french 'chiné'. The color black makes you always slimer and you are always sophisticated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom