The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro View Post
On the whole I like the green outfit. However, from the way the top goes straight across, it looks like it is yet another strapless dress. At least this one has a jacket. I don't understand why Charlene seems to feel that strapless is appropriate for every occaision - particularly in the daytime. Its ok in an evening gown or at the beach but not for the type of events she is attending. I don't care if it is the Mediterranean, it is tacky.
She is wearing a cardigan as cover up .... she can probably take it off for more formal evening wear. She isn't doing anything "tacky" ... if she had appeared without the cardigan THEN maybe yes. The cardigan is clearly made to go with the dress since the trim on the sleeves matches the dress. There may well be straps under sweater. It looks like one of those clever day into evening wear outfits, IMO.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princess Charlene during a meeting with the Croatian President Ivo Josipovic and his wife in Monaco,
October 4, 2011, wearing a green dress and a green cardigan.

I like the whole look, including shoes and hairstyle, in my eyes very well chosen this time.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Side view **

Charlene looks amazing in that dress, the colour is perfect for here

Old 10-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Princess Charlene during a meeting with the Croatian President Ivo Josipovic and his wife in Monaco,
October 4, 2011, wearing a green dress and a green cardigan.

I like the whole look, including shoes and hairstyle, in my eyes very well chosen this time.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Side view **
I love the dress and the color of shoes that she chose to go with it. Not sure about the cardigan. I think it covers up a good thing.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Royal Highness

Love the outfit. The color looks lovely on her. I will say that she looks tired in these pictures.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Nobility

I like everything about Charlene's look when meeting the Croatian President and his wife. She looked very chic and elegant. The style and color of the dress was very complementary and pairing it with the cardigan worked well. For me, the dress - in green - has a busy feel about it and the cardigan toned it down (as both are green, I think it is the change of fabric that helps to break it up). Her hair, the shoes and jewerly were perfect matches. I even like the colored nails!

Oh, and yes, I agree that a fringe suits her!
Old 10-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
She is wearing a cardigan as cover up .... she can probably take it off for more formal evening wear. She isn't doing anything "tacky" ... if she had appeared without the cardigan THEN maybe yes. The cardigan is clearly made to go with the dress since the trim on the sleeves matches the dress. There may well be straps under sweater. It looks like one of those clever day into evening wear outfits, IMO.
I am in total agreement with you on this. The ensemble was really very attractive. Great colour on her and the small layers gave it a very soft and feminine look. The matching jacket is really elegant and there is nothing about this outfit that immediately screams "my shoulders are naked under this because I really want to be "tacky"!

I am at a loss at the continual carping about Charlene being "tacky" or downright gauche. I think she is making a fantastic start to her life as the wife of a Sovereign. She is trying new makeup, hairstyles (love the fringe) and clothes styles. The green ensemble is really quite daring as not many people can pull off that colour and we rarely see anyone wearing anything quite so brightly jewel coloured unless it is on someone like Queen Margrethe, so Charlene scores on the adventurous scale and she does so effortlessly.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:42 AM
Courtier

Green dress is gr8! I like theses bandage dresses. They're flattering to a womans figure.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Charlene at the Monaco Humanitary Group Presentation in Monaco today, October 11,
wearing a simple black dress with a little cut-out.

Boring one could say, but I like the simplicity of the dress.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **
Old 10-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Boring but safe. It's a good choice after all.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Courtier

she looks lovely , really like the top bit
Old 10-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the neckline.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Majesty

She looks lovely. I love her hair style and earrings. The dress is elegant. I think a necklace would have livened it up a bit.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujean View Post
Green dress is gr8! I like theses bandage dresses. They're flattering to a womans figure.
She is very good. Simple and classy. Her dress suits her very well. It remids me the drrss Pcs Letizia worn when the French President visited Spain.
I like Charlene. She has something on her very touching. A general elegance.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Princess Charlene at the Monaco Humanitary Group Presentation in Monaco today, October 11,
wearing a simple black dress with a little cut-out.

Boring one could say, but I like the simplicity of the dress.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **
I would say, "Modern elegance" -- I like it!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:32 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The dress is pretty and elegant, especially the neckline. But why brown shoes?!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
That's what I thought as well.
I like the outfit.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
To me screen they look "bronze" not simply brown.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree. Dark bronze is a deep rich colour and looks very elegant. If she had worn black shoes I think it would have looked a little too funereal for her. If she had worn black strappy sandals it would have looked a little to "Cocktail Party".

Excellent choice. I think she nailed the situation absolutely correctly, from her hair to her signature one peice of jewellery, in this case a pair of beautiful pearl earrings.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:37 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the simple black dress on Charlene, wish she had worn a brooch or something!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I like the simple black dress on Charlene, wish she had worn a brooch or something!

I thought so too; the dress is nice but looks rather unrelieved. A pretty piece of jewelery would help.

(Also, I thought the shoes looked jarring; I think they should match the dress- or else be an extreme change, like purple or red. The brown doesn't add anything).