Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 2: September 2011 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of the last few outfits. The coat, if it were better fitted, would have looked great on her. The last dress a bit too shiny for my tastes.

Princess Charlene during a meeting with the Croatian President Ivo Josipovic and his wife in Monaco,
October 4, 2011, wearing a green dress and a green cardigan.

I like the whole look, including shoes and hairstyle, in my eyes very well chosen this time.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Side view **

I like her style. Everything is perfect but I don't like the green colour :sad:

Very nice, this shade of green suit P Charlene. I really like her hairstyle, fringe is great.

I love the whole looks. She looks perfect.

I like the green outfit - an unusual colour. Charlene is becoming far less predictable in her choices. I'm really enjoying watching her evolve.

I like the simplicity and colour of the outfit..her fringe makes her look younger too,I like her new haircut.

I love the green color of the dress and cardigan. Not a fan of the dress itself though. Nice casual look. She looked very comfortable.

Love the green dress and gorgeous shoes. Great color and she can wear it.

iceflower said:

Princess Charlene during a meeting with the Croatian President Ivo Josipovic and his wife in Monaco,

I like the whole look, including shoes and hairstyle, in my eyes very well chosen this time.

Love it! The cardigan seems a bit more casual then the dress but that's me being nitpicky .....perfect goregous look for Charlene.... Color is amazing on her :)

Duke of Marmalade said:
Pictures of Charlene wearing a casual outfit in Paris after visiting the fashion show
http://i51.tinypic.com/w2gj9x.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/kb54k9.jpg

Love the top!

This is one of the very few outfits after her wedding that I really like. Its soft, suits her and the color is not her usual color which washes her out. I do like this look with the cardigan, it doesn't look like a daily/causal one, nice quality and tailoring which makes it work. The only thing I don't like is her powdery look make up with no color, makes her look very tired.

The color suits her very well.

she looks lovely , think she has had a hard time of it lately , which is strange because she hasnt done anything wrong .

This colour is just perfect on her.... beautiful and so smiling !

What a dull, unappealing green. As we'd say in my part of the world - dull as dishwater.

On the whole I like the green outfit. However, from the way the top goes straight across, it looks like it is yet another strapless dress. At least this one has a jacket. I don't understand why Charlene seems to feel that strapless is appropriate for every occaision - particularly in the daytime. Its ok in an evening gown or at the beach but not for the type of events she is attending. I don't care if it is the Mediterranean, it is tacky.

I like the whole look.this shade of green is nice and suit Charlene very well.the dress itself is lovely .Letizia of spain owns a similar one in fushia colour.

I like the whole look.this shade of green is nice and suit Charlene very well.the dress itself is lovely .Letizia of spain owns a similar one in fushia colour.
Yes, I remember Letizia's fuxia dress, she used it with a meeting with the President Sarkozy and Carla Bruni!

On the whole I like the green outfit. However, from the way the top goes straight across, it looks like it is yet another strapless dress. At least this one has a jacket. I don't understand why Charlene seems to feel that strapless is appropriate for every occaision - particularly in the daytime. Its ok in an evening gown or at the beach but not for the type of events she is attending. I don't care if it is the Mediterranean, it is tacky.

She is wearing a cardigan as cover up .... she can probably take it off for more formal evening wear. She isn't doing anything "tacky" ... if she had appeared without the cardigan THEN maybe yes. The cardigan is clearly made to go with the dress since the trim on the sleeves matches the dress. There may well be straps under sweater. It looks like one of those clever day into evening wear outfits, IMO.

Charlene looks amazing in that dress, the colour is perfect for here :)

I love the dress and the color of shoes that she chose to go with it. Not sure about the cardigan. I think it covers up a good thing.

Love the outfit. The color looks lovely on her. I will say that she looks tired in these pictures.

I like everything about Charlene's look when meeting the Croatian President and his wife. She looked very chic and elegant. The style and color of the dress was very complementary and pairing it with the cardigan worked well. For me, the dress - in green - has a busy feel about it and the cardigan toned it down (as both are green, I think it is the change of fabric that helps to break it up). Her hair, the shoes and jewerly were perfect matches. I even like the colored nails!

Oh, and yes, I agree that a fringe suits her!

Last edited by a moderator:
She is wearing a cardigan as cover up .... she can probably take it off for more formal evening wear. She isn't doing anything "tacky" ... if she had appeared without the cardigan THEN maybe yes. The cardigan is clearly made to go with the dress since the trim on the sleeves matches the dress. There may well be straps under sweater. It looks like one of those clever day into evening wear outfits, IMO.
I am in total agreement with you on this. The ensemble was really very attractive. Great colour on her and the small layers gave it a very soft and feminine look. The matching jacket is really elegant and there is nothing about this outfit that immediately screams "my shoulders are naked under this because I really want to be "tacky"!

I am at a loss at the continual carping about Charlene being "tacky" or downright gauche. I think she is making a fantastic start to her life as the wife of a Sovereign. She is trying new makeup, hairstyles (love the fringe) and clothes styles. The green ensemble is really quite daring as not many people can pull off that colour and we rarely see anyone wearing anything quite so brightly jewel coloured unless it is on someone like Queen Margrethe, so Charlene scores on the adventurous scale and she does so effortlessly.

Green dress is gr8! I like theses bandage dresses. They're flattering to a womans figure.

Princess Charlene at the Monaco Humanitary Group Presentation in Monaco today, October 11,
wearing a simple black dress with a little cut-out.

Boring one could say, but I like the simplicity of the dress.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

Boring but safe. It's a good choice after all.

she looks lovely , really like the top bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom