The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Royal Highness

I adore the cream suit. It looks fantastic on her. Wouldn't change a thing. The Taupe/bronze dress is not my favorite. It's not Charlene at all. I just don't think the dress would look good on anyone. I actually love the color on her though and the fabric is very nice.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Charlene's caramel suit was fabulous. Original, elegant and the perfect length. Love the gloves and shoes.

The evening dress was beautiful but I think the harsh makeup clashed with the sublte colour of the velvet and made both seem to clash with each other.

Her daytime make up was so perfect I have a hard time understanding the need to apply thick black eyeliner that looks like it has been applied with a trowel!

Old 11-20-2011, 03:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I wish she wore a tiara to save that horrid outfit!
Old 11-20-2011, 04:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

What an awful dress, not helped by the horrendous make up and what seems to be gallons of wax or grease in her hair. Although I have to say that, for me, Charlene's outfits are generally overshadowed by the fact that she looks unhappy and uncomfortable almost all the time.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:44 AM
Nobility

Horrendous velvet dress and wrong choice of colour.Akris design and colour palette rarely flatter her(except her daytime outfit,which I think was gorgeous)...and coupled with the horrible eye make-up,she ended up looking like a vampire at the opera house,argh!
Old 11-20-2011, 05:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I love the gown - I think it suits her figure . Agree the eye makeup is unflattering & pretty scarey in the closeup. Although the earrings look lovely, I was hoping for some more bling.
That's exactly what I thought.
I don't like these black eyes. And I would have loved more bling bling.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love this gown and her whole look, very chic IMO. Color is tough to wear but its a stunning gown.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I loved the daytime outfit but dislike the velvet gown. My thought was that the top was too bulky for Charlene, I didn't like the color for her and the harsh makeup is not a good look at all. I also didn't care for all that goop in her hair.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don'y lilke the colour of the velvet I think that is the problem IMO I love her nails with it though, and the makeup is gorgeous.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Nobility

Don't know what to think. Maybe a tiara would have helped here. The colour is not one of the best and the fabric is very heavy for an evening gown.

Hope so much to see the Lorenz Baumer tiara one of these days.....
Old 11-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Her daytime outfit was lovely but missing was a hat or headpiece.

Evening gown went wrong, the style, the slit and the longer back part didn't work well. The color was even worse to start with, it was not her color nor is it a color of someone of her age.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Courtier

I like the dress. With tiara and sash it would have looked good, I think. Don't like her hair and make-up.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
What a gorgeous beige wool peplum cape/jacket charlene is wearing.
Also love the long gloves.

http://i41.tinypic.com/34g3pt0.jpg
I don't really like the outfit mostly due to the fact that I don't like beige/peach. But Charlene does look immaculate and to the people who complain about her hair they should be happy about this style. She looks so chic.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Old 11-20-2011, 08:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very chic outfit Charlene is wearing.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:13 PM
Nobility

The suit is so Japanese royal style - Empress Michiko wore lots of similar designs. Perhaps Charlene got the inspiration during her audience with the Empress.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think Charlene's caramel suit was fabulous. Original, elegant and the perfect length. Love the gloves and shoes.

The evening dress was beautiful but I think the harsh makeup clashed with the sublte colour of the velvet and made both seem to clash with each other.

Her daytime make up was so perfect I have a hard time understanding the need to apply thick black eyeliner that looks like it has been applied with a trowel!
THIS. Her daytime outfit and makeup were sheer perfection..all she needed to do for evening was apply an extra coat of mascara and fresh lipstick!

Her evening gown was beautiful, hair and makeup not so much.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Princess Charlene Suits Up In Beige For Monaco National Day 2011 (PHOTOS)

Princess Charlene looked fine. My guess is that the outfit is by Akris.
Luv everything about the beige outfitt including the gloves.
She looks so fresh and happy in those photos.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:32 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I like the grey/black suit, chic & professional. The little black dress is superb!

It looks like I am the only poster who doesnt like the cream daytime outfit, I find it horribly oldfashioned, hate the visible zipper and the cape around the arms. The skirt is pretty but doesnt really match.

To say something positive, great shoes!

The evening outfit looks great but I dont like the fabric and the colour. Horrible eye make up.

All in all quite disappointing compared to what Charlene can pull off!
Old 11-25-2011, 02:39 AM
Courtier

The beige outfit for the Monaco national day is absolutely beautiful. Chic, elegant and so very classical. I do love cape style jacket. What a lovely look for Princess Charlene. I just feel she could have done something a bit more interesting with her hair to compliment the outfit.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:48 AM
Courtier

agree about the hair. It wasn't a good style for the outfit.