Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 15: February 2017 - January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally love this look! It's so glamorous and on point, and really shows off her athletic curves. She's an "Amazon"; and I love how she asserts her own (and very unique) style. Princess Charlene, you rocked that room! [emoji8]

I don't love the look per se, but it is perfect for Monaco and she looks fabulous in every way, jumpsuit, hair and makeup.

Yes it was Versace.

For me not her best look for the Red Cross Ball!

Last edited:
Oh dear I just noticed it was a jumpsuit on the Princess ,not a fan of it and her hair is not at all nice spiked in that style.

The red dress was beautiful and simple.

The metallic pantsuit, well, it looked unflattering (the massive shoulders) and uncomfortable (the waist). I immediately thought of a mixture between Brigitte Nielsen and X-men's Emma Frost, not in a good way.

Not sure if 'that's Monaco' is always an excuse for an over-the-top outfit.

The red was fantastic. She looks a tad over dressed though compared to others.

The ball was horrible. Would be slightly better if gown not jumpsuit but not much. She looks like a character from sci if movie. I usually like her hair, definitely not one who thinks pixie cuts are mannish, but the spikes just add yo the badness of this look.

Noooo, it's just...so jumpsuit. She seems so stiff and ill at ease.

:ermm:

Brigitte Nielsen came to my mind as well. What happened to the sweetheart image Charlène had? This cold look does nothing for her. The red dress was lovely though.

Not good at all (...) as for this outfit, what was she trying to say ...........this is not good and so ugly on her. It makes me think that she is in her clothing choices is trying to say something in a round about way and can't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please remember that this a fashion thread - off-topic posts and comments have been removed. Thank you!

Oh dear I just noticed it was a jumpsuit on the Princess ,not a fan of it and her hair is not at all nice spiked in that style.

I agree - the design would be beautiful as a dress but since I'm not a fan of jumpsuits, Charlene's one is no different and makes me lose my love for the look.

I don't know if it was a theme, but this outfit could be worn by Alexis or Chrystl in Dynasty early days. Not by the Princess of Monaco in 2017. The down part Is ok but all the metallic is cheep looking and ugly. Disapointed also but the whole make up and expression. She is like Robocop walking.
Sometimes Charlene looks so bothered by what she is doing, that I said she'd rather avoid participating. I'm sure that Caroline or Pierre and Beatrice would have been glad to replace her for the evening.
It is not the jumpsuit which bothers me, it is the whole metallic robot look.
And Charlene who has such an athletic body should soft this by a more feminine hair do.
She was so lovely and delicate as bride

Last edited:
We all make mistakes. I am a male and even I have items in my wardrobe making me wondering why I ever bought these. This will not be different for Charlène. Earlier this week we saw her in a lovely outfit. It is very well possible we will see a lovely and feminine looking Charlène at the next public event.

whoah! what an appearance. now, this is not what charlene has us used to, but it is a truly breathtaking appearance. this really is the princess of monaco - there is no mistake! it would not have been my first choice, but she makes an impression, and it is the right impression of glamour that monaco has us used to. her frame is impeccable and she can carry whatever clothes she likes with ease. on someone else, this jumpsuit would have totally swallowed them, but on charlene it looks divine. she has amazing shoulders to show off. and that glow in her skin! there is no denying that nothing of this appearance was left to chance. albert truly must have gone weak on the knees on seeing charlene!

Funny how a lot of people had the same '80 celebrity come to mind.

In the pictures from the back you can see how she's squeezed into the jumpsuit. How could she sit down?

I do like her blonder hair. It looked great with the red dress earlier in the week.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought she looked lovely in the red dress. Not a fan of the Red Cross Ball jumpsuit. It is certainly head turning, but lacks the grace and elegance which I prefer to see.

I wasn't keen on her Red cross outfit , would of been better if it had been a dress not jumpsuit .......didn't flow as a jumpsuit .

Nice casual look for the visit to the retirement home ,it might be the photos but Princess Charlene's hair colour looks lighter?

Nice casual look for the visit to the retirement home ,it might be the photos but Princess Charlene's hair colour looks lighter?

My hair can lighten in a weekend where I simply weed and mow the lawn. And I use hair products that protect from the sun! So, It could be that she's been in the sun.
Maybe?

She changed the colour before the Red Cross Gala - it was this lighter blonde for the Yersin departure, after the athletics event.

Looks like a repeat of her outfit at the Water Bike Challenge. Perfect too for this occasion. She looks in great shape!

Charlene in black at the traditional picnic in Monaco today, September 1.

A bit more colour would have been nice, but she looked great nevertheless, especially with that lovely hairstyle:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Hair **

Last edited:
Love her hair like that,the best its looked in a long time,the outfit is simple but elegant.

Normally, I would have found the black a bit depressing but I think with her icy blonde hair the contrast works very well. She looks stunning and very striking.

Not a fan of the pantsuit look but she looks okay...a bit blah though.

LaRae

:previous: Same for me. Only Charlene could carry off wearing black at a late summer picnic on the Riviera, I guess. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom