The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #221  
Old 09-23-2017, 03:05 AM
Elly C's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,501
Neither of these two latest outfits are to my taste. I have never regarded Charlene as a "slave to fashion", but the latest appearance strikes me as something gimmicky and designed to draw attention- not the elegant Charlene I admire.
__________________

__________________
  #222  
Old 09-23-2017, 06:55 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
I see nothing tacky here, she is not nacked and you never saw strippers in your life ! and it is not fair to say that about the princess Charlene but here, on this forum, there are a lot of persons who are criticing Charlene since 2006, who don't love her and come very quickly to critic her
We are used to this
I don't read it as critique on *her* but on her clothing, that's not the same thing. For all we know she was asked to wear this outfit because she's on front-row and didn't have her say on it.

Actually styling wise overall (clothes and makeup) this outfit works better as a whole than the baggy outfit, and she certainly has the body for it. Wouldn't have chosen it myself for her, too tight and shiny, but i don't know what else people were wearing at the show so maybe it was quite fitting in that setting
__________________

__________________
Wisdom begins in wonder - Socrates
  #223  
Old 09-23-2017, 07:04 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
I don't read it as critique on *her* but on her clothing, that's not the same thing. For all we know she was asked to wear this outfit because she's on front-row and didn't have her say on it.

Actually styling wise overall (clothes and makeup) this outfit works better as a whole than the baggy outfit, and she certainly has the body for it. Wouldn't have chosen it myself for her, too tight and shiny, but i don't know what else people were wearing at the show so maybe it was quite fitting in that setting
As you say, it isn't a criticism of her or her work - I don't like the dress and I think it's cheap looking but I think most Versace is cheap looking. I don't think it flatters her either.
__________________
  #224  
Old 09-23-2017, 07:04 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 19,114
The silver Versace dress was horrible,what on earth was she thinking and more suited to a dreadful celebrity and not for the wife of a reigning monarch.
__________________
February 12th, 1517 -Death of Catherine Ier, Queen of Navarre
  #225  
Old 09-23-2017, 07:18 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,517
Kaia Gerber looks just like Cindy Crawford at Vogue Italia | Daily Mail Online
It seems "shiny" indeed seemed to be the keyword for the Versace show
__________________
Wisdom begins in wonder - Socrates
  #226  
Old 09-24-2017, 07:02 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Posts: 480
Vogue just published an article saying that Charlene was one of the best dressed at the Versace show!

Her jacket is actually from the mens collection
Princess Charlene Takes Milan by Storm // The Royal Couturier
__________________
  #227  
Old 09-24-2017, 07:08 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalCouturier View Post
Vogue just published an article saying that Charlene was one of the best dressed at the Versace show!

Her jacket is actually from the mens collection
Princess Charlene Takes Milan by Storm // The Royal Couturier
Yes, lots of people like the look - I've seen quite a few admiring comments on various different sites.

Different strokes, different folks - life would be boring if we always agreed with each other.
__________________
  #228  
Old 09-24-2017, 02:12 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 3,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
Yes, lots of people like the look - I've seen quite a few admiring comments on various different sites.

Different strokes, different folks - life would be boring if we always agreed with each other.
Ain't it the truth. She's become more edgy in her dress (goes with her hair that she wears so well). Designers like that.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #229  
Old 09-24-2017, 02:49 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,064
I'm not a fan of Charlene's latest outfit at all. The dress is much too "blingy" for me and I don't like the slits on the front.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #230  
Old 09-24-2017, 03:02 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 3,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I'm not a fan of Charlene's latest outfit at all. The dress is much too "blingy" for me and I don't like the slits on the front.
I'm with you on that. Designers like someone in the public eye willing to wear those kinds of ensembles, but I honestly don't think they are attractive in the least.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #231  
Old 09-28-2017, 04:35 PM
eya eya is offline
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 9,810
Princess Charlene tonight at the Monte-Carlo gala for the global ocean

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id855206120
http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...cae&m=dpkhepfi
__________________
  #232  
Old 09-28-2017, 04:43 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 3,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Princess Charlene tonight at the Monte-Carlo gala for the global ocean.
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id855206120
Beautiful! Love her hair in this picture. When there is some length it makes all the difference imo.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #233  
Old 09-28-2017, 04:59 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 7,549
Oh yes...now that is the Princess of Monaco look that I like to see. She is gorgeous!
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #234  
Old 09-28-2017, 05:03 PM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Princess Charlene tonight at the Monte-Carlo gala for the global ocean

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id855206120
http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...cae&m=dpkhepfi
Now that's an awesome gown! great looking couple!
__________________
Wisdom begins in wonder - Socrates
  #235  
Old 09-28-2017, 07:12 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,299
I like this a lot! And this is one of those times I'd like to see some impressive, bold modern gold earring rather than the excellent huge diamond studs. I hope she is wearing a great bracelet, too, but I doubt it.

I don't want to open a side discussion comparing other royals, but I do appreciate that Charlene changes her makeup look regularly. It's a subtlety that not many follow but is indeed part of fashion trends. So it's fun to see that bold red lip (that I love) receding for the fall season for Charlene. Even if I like the red lip better on her - I appreciate that she is changing things up.

And this is unabashedly off topic, but I loathe that cookie duster on the Hubby! Not that he cares what I think.
__________________
"And the tabloid press will be a pain in the ass, as usual." - Royal Norway
  #236  
Old 09-28-2017, 08:05 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,446
Lovely. Beautiful gown, nice earrings and I love her hair like this, both colour and style.
__________________
  #237  
Old 09-28-2017, 08:09 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 3,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I like this a lot! And this is one of those times I'd like to see some impressive, bold modern gold earring rather than the excellent huge diamond studs. I hope she is wearing a great bracelet, too, but I doubt it.

I don't want to open a side discussion comparing other royals, but I do appreciate that Charlene changes her makeup look regularly. It's a subtlety that not many follow but is indeed part of fashion trends. So it's fun to see that bold red lip (that I love) receding for the fall season for Charlene. Even if I like the red lip better on her - I appreciate that she is changing things up.
So we are all satisfied, because I dislike the red but love the neutral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
And this is unabashedly off topic, but I loathe that cookie duster on the Hubby! Not that he cares what I think.
100% with you on that, AdmirerUS! But if he's happy.....
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #238  
Old 09-29-2017, 02:05 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,672
we all know Charlene can rock the princess of monaco look, as she does here
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...6626004388.jpg

she could have added a necklace but that's nitpicking.

Albert: the moustache has to go!
__________________
  #239  
Old 09-30-2017, 01:19 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 1,856
That skirt...

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene at the ‘Monte-Carlo Gala For The Global Ocean’ event

The first picture shows an angle of the dress we didn’t see earlier.
__________________
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

Abraham Lincoln
  #240  
Old 09-30-2017, 02:12 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Posts: 480
Charlene's gown is Atelier Versace. the same that did that silver dress!

Princess Charlene Wears Atelier Versace to the Monte-Carlo Gala For The Global Ocean // The Royal Couturier
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Albert & Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 5: January 2018 - iceflower Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family 42 01-20-2018 03:16 PM
Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 14: July 2016 - February 2017 iceflower Archives 412 02-27-2017 03:38 AM
Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 2: September 2011 - January 2012 iceflower Archives 392 01-23-2012 12:35 PM




Popular Tags
art birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of brabant earl of snowdon europe family fascism general news grand duke jean guillaume helena hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume historical infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy news prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince emmanuel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar prince philip princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queenmother queen silvia question romanov smith soderberg spanish royal family state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family united kingdom victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:28 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises