Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 13: November 2015 - July 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she looks simply AMAZING, as usual. I don't find any of the current Royal women half as chic or glamorous as Princess Charlene of Monaco.;)

I think she looks simply AMAZING, as usual. I don't find any of the current Royal women half as chic or glamorous as Princess Charlene of Monaco.;)

I have to agree, though her style as it is evolving is not 'me'. :flowers: Doesn't have to be, of course, but I do look to identify something I might wear. Charlene is becoming more theatrical, in a way, more like costumes. She is painting on a broad canvas, like a runway model. I like it for her. Clean, impressive lines. Very unfussy. Same goes for the haircut, perfect for a swimmer. It all feels totally right for her. (She reminds me of Audrey Hepburn's style).

I will just have to find the soft, shimmering flow of longish hair, curling here and there, and swish of feminine allure (of a kind) elsewhere now. Can't think of anyone who is dressing that way. Borromeo maybe but she isn't a 'professional' public person. No one pops to mind in the way Charlene always did for me.

Oh well. :flowers:

Totally agree - she's quite pale and the colours completely wash her out. I admit I don't mind her in proper dazzling white but creams and beiges are meh!

I think Charlene is one the the most elegant royal women, but beige doesn't certainly do her any favour.

Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 13: November 2015 -

I find quite a few of Charlene's outfits not to my taste, but admire her style. The shorter haircut provides a further edge to her style, but again I preferred her softer version a few months back. Whatever she wears lately, she provides a striking and refreshing contrast to other royal ladies. Uncluttered, strong lines are becoming her trademark and many of these outfits are extremely practical and appear comfortable to wear. Truly a princess for the 21st century..

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

It is true that she always look good with everything but I dislike every piece of clothing she wore. The coat is practically hanging on her, the skirt's bottom is awful and I can only save the t-shirt, simply because it looks chic when matched with the skirt.

Last edited:
princess charlene is very elegant, she knows always how to dress,
I would like to have this coat, I like her boots and her skirt and she wears beautiful bracelets
Well done, Charlène

The coat is simply swallowing her up!!! Way too voluminous. The rest of the outfit is 'edgy' but it suits her. I still think her hair is too severe and I fail to see why she needs swimmer's hair now at this stage in her life. Charlene needs a little softening in her look... She is a stunner, though!

I'm not a fan of Charlene's latest outfit. I don't mind the coat though, it looks incredibly cosy! Just out of curiosity, how warm is it in Monaco at the moment?

Wow. I just noticed how heavy her makeup is. :ermm:

Interesting that she wears a white mantilla...usually (and it's not a rule) married women wear darker colored veils.

LaRae

It is not the sujet of this board here Pranter, it is the fashion board but only the catholic Queens consort and catholic princesses consort are wearing the white ,it is the privilege of the blanc, they are wearing white mantilla , it is the protocole.

Interesting that she wears a white mantilla...usually (and it's not a rule) married women wear darker colored veils.
LaRae

Yesterday I read an article speculating as to which Charlene would wear when she met the pope today. Appearantly only 7 or 8 Women can wear white when meeting HH. It has to do with being Catholic and the spouse of a Catholic King or Prince. If Maxima met the Pope she would have to wear black even tho she is a Catholic Queen and her husband is King ( but not Catholic).

Yesterday I read an article speculating as to which Charlene would wear when she met the pope today. Appearantly only 7 or 8 Women can wear white when meeting HH. It has to do with being Catholic and the spouse of a Catholic King or Prince. If Maxima met the Pope she would have to wear black even tho she is a Catholic Queen and her husband is King ( but not Catholic).

Yes. Daily Mail has info on the custom.

Princess Charlene of Monaco visits the Vatican in an all-white outfit - one of only SEVEN people allowed to wear the colour while meeting the Pope

Princess Charlene of Monaco visits the Vatican for a meeting with Pope Francis | Daily Mail Online

Approaching this from a purely fashion point of view, these are my thoughts on Charlene's outfit:

I can't stand when she wears cream, beige, greige, neutral bleuh so guess what? I don't love it. What I do like is when she wears white - proper achingly bright white - because I think it looks amazing on her. So, I love the mantilla. With the pop of bright lipstick it looks fabulous.

However, I also don't like mixing white and cream because I don't think they go.

The coat - apart from the colour - funny length. Either go more tailored and considerably shorter or keep it loose but long enough to hide the hemline of the dress. That annoying couple of inches below the coat is just wrong.

So, to sum up - a mixed bag for me. Others, will disagree, I'm sure. ?

Ah gotcha...I didn't realize she was meeting with pope Francis. I know about the 'privilege of white' ...that makes sense then.

LaRae

She looked beautiful but I wish the veil was the same cream color of the coat and the coat covered the dress underneath. Her makeup was fantastic, but too heavy to meet the pope.

Princess Charlene is very beautiful. And i love the Mantilla.

Charlene looked really stunning and elegant for the meeting with the Pope!

I really don't like this outfit even though I think she carries off an elegant look. It is a combination of the mixture of cream and white, the shape of the coat and the rather heavy makeup. I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think it is a particularly flattering overall appearance.

I really don't like this outfit even though I think she carries off an elegant look. It is a combination of the mixture of cream and white, the shape of the coat and the rather heavy makeup. I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think it is a particularly flattering overall appearance.

Not at all. Several people have said similar things, me included. I really don't like white and cream together and I don't like Charlene in cream at all.

I like the outfit, minus the gloves, but the makeup is way too much IMO

:previous: I have a agree. Charlene's makeup almost always looks spot on but on this occasion it looked like it had been applied with a trowel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom