Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 13: November 2015 - July 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When she became engaged I thought she was just so beautiful and fresh her face has become changed IMO and the make up here is really too heavy for a young woman with all the assistance money can buy. Her fashion style has never really hit the highs promised with the stunning pale gown on in her engagement photos. Many of you will say .. well she is older but her style has become stuck IMO in a sea of black and neutral and though the Vatican white was appropriate here I think and her overall attempts remain confused. IMO naturally

The heavy makeup is puzzling especially given the "event" .... maybe she had a major skin break out. I also prefer in with a more natural look i.e., pale lips. The red lips are just too stark, IMO.

I think she looks lovely. Regardless of the style, I find the lipstick way too red to be flattering on Charlene especially with her soft colors.

More neutrals - sigh! Actually, I like the grey dress with the scarf neckline.

I dislike the cape/coat/cardigan in her favourite blech colour but particularly detest the boots which are just a slightly off shade of the coat and draw attention to her knees which are not her best feature (as with most people). In fact, the boots look dirty. The surgical gloves are awful. Someone should tell her just because they're all neutral that doesn't mean they go together. Like her make up, though.

Last edited:
Think the boots actually don't look bad, close enough to the coat, they don't need to be matchy matchy. But she needs to lose the scarf and those gloves. A scarf with a bit of color with all those neutrals would be nice.

Think the boots actually don't look bad, close enough to the coat, they don't need to be matchy matchy. But she needs to lose the scarf and those gloves. A scarf with a bit of color with all those neutrals would be nice.

I think the scarf is actually part of the dress.

The whole look suits her well. I Think the color combinations work well.

I much preferred today's outfit at the annual Saint Devote Mass ,I didn't like the scarf at last nights ceremony.

I liked the beige and grey combination evne though at first I didn't think it would work...

To me she is permanently looking for her style.
Honestly I don't like her current hair style

Not a fan...just a big sack look. Boring.

LaRae

I find the coat a but too short to be worn alone but she wore it well and the high boots really look good on her. I hope she grows her hair out, I liked it longer.

"Style/Fashion" or not, the very red lipstick is just not attractive on her, following the style isn't always a good idea. The very short hair along with the very red lips is just too stark, IMHO. And I AM a fan of the Princess!

I actually don't mind her hair cut. Its actually quite modern and stylish. Definitely not the traditional 'princess hair' but refreshing. Though I do like her slightly longer version better.

The black outfit is definitely the better of the two looks. Again I don't get her and the gloves.

I don't think the scarf in the gray outfit was part of the dress, just the same color. I could be wrong but it looks too big and odd places to be part of the neckline of the dress. I guess I could be wrong.

"Style/Fashion" or not, the very red lipstick is just not attractive on her, following the style isn't always a good idea. The very short hair along with the very red lips is just too stark, IMHO. And I AM a fan of the Princess!

I think completely the opposite - I think she carries off bright colours extremely well so I love the bright lipstick. That's why I hate all the neutrals she swathes herself in, I don't love her in black either. I think they make her look washed out and ill.

I don't mind the short hair but I did prefer it just slightly longer.

I hate, hate, hate the boots - they may well be the height of fashion and costly but I just find them cheap looking.

Hey ho, if we all agreed it wouldn't be much of a discussion board! ?

I actually don't mind her hair cut. Its actually quite modern and stylish. Definitely not the traditional 'princess hair' but refreshing. Though I do like her slightly longer version better.

The black outfit is definitely the better of the two looks. Again I don't get her and the gloves.

I don't think the scarf in the gray outfit was part of the dress, just the same color. I could be wrong but it looks too big and odd places to be part of the neckline of the dress. I guess I could be wrong.

Yes, I've just looked and I think you're right about the scarf and dress being separate - quite like it/ them minus the yucky beige stuff.

Also, I've seen some better lit pictures and realised the black is actually navy - which is slightly better than black but still a bit stark for my taste.

In the Grey/beige outfit she just looks washed out, tired and [weirdly] OLD... the radiance after the immediate birth of the twins is gone..

The Black is MUCH, much more stylish, but her foundation looks piled on !

Last edited:
Wow,what a fabulous style on the what I see as the navy coat. What great placement of pleats, any ID? Terrific over the knee boots only she can wear as well as the great new haircut. Nice change from all those helmet heads.

I think the second outfit is more severe but very elegant and it fits the occasion, after all!

I like the navy outfit as it is very appropriate and stylish for the occasion. I don't understand why she wears fabric gloves instead of leather which look soo much richer.

P Charlene looked chic and elegant as ever. Because of her height and slender figure just about anything she wears looks good on her. I also don't mind the grey/beige ( that works surprisingly well ) or navy colours. But to me, the style is just too similar for two consecutive days: big scarves, gloves and knee high boots. Two rather different styles would have been nice imo.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

For me who was present to the two cérémonies and saw P Charlene, she was very elegant and she was perfect .

And she is the most elegant princess of the gotha, she is really the princess sovereign now.

Last edited by a moderator:
The black coat is gorgeous but it's all so boring. Black, beige, gray on repeat.

I like the two St Devote outfits but I agree about the repetitive neutral palette. That said, she looks so good in those high boots. Because the hairstyle is quite severe, it can both enhance and spoil her look. It needs a very carefully chosen palette and shade of make up to pull it off. Too heavy, and it is quite ageing and unforgiving, but get it just right and she can look stunning. The harsh sunlight of the Rome visit plus the lighting in the Vatican palace didn't help.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom