Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 12: March 2015 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont like her new haircut but I do give credit for her trying something new.

I like the Ralph Lauren dress she wore today but I am not sure I like those tan pumps with the look.

I didn't like the tan shoes at first but then I noticed there is some tan leather detailing on the dress so it actually all matches quite well. The dress is very elegant and if the hair was just a bit longer it would be fine. I think it will be nice once it grows in a little.

I think her outfit is very elegant although personally I wouldn't have worn the sunglasses on my head like that. I think the haircut looks great from certain angles and terrible from others - it doesn't look particularly flattering at the sides. Fortunately, she has lovely high cheekbones and a long neck.(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this look. Any ID on the dress?

I'm a fan of the pixie haircut.

(..)
I am not a fan of pixie hairdo but her hair will grow, she changed so much her hairdo this year that she will have other hairdo very soon, remember the hairdo of the presentation of prince Jacques and Gabriella at the beginning of the year.

I like her dress and her shoes.

Don't like her hair just much too short. Hope she grows it out

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

As always we don't speculate on plastic surgery, botox or similar things, a couple of posts have therefore been removed. Thanks for your understanding!

I agree that she was was prettier before this severe haircut (..) But remember, she was also younger!

I like the overall look. It is chic.

The sunglasses wore on top of her head is stylish and goes with the 'mood' of the outfit and hairstyle.

I avoided the matter of the sunglasses on the event thread, as it was out of touch, but I think it would have been more respctful if Charlene had them worn, or better, removed. She looked like a woman who just arrived on the scene.Not a good figure IMO. I don't know what to think of her hair. Short hair generally suits her, but she this look is too dramatic on her.

I don't mind the short hair too much, it's stylish and she has the bone structure to carry it off well. The sunglasses on top of her head, in my book, was a huge NO-NO. Either put them on, a al Princess Caroline, or take them off completely and hold them. Or better yet, leave them inside your palace you are standing outside of. The outfit was okay and appropriate for the occasion.

:previous: I agree. The pixie cut really lets you see the structure of her face and it suits her, but like any really good short haircut, it takes a few days or so to look exactly the way you wanted it.

I was looking back at Charlene wearing the beautiful red Dior and thinking "it's time to decide . . . grow it out or cut it" because it was at that awkward stage and, having tried it myself, I always got to the 'meh' stage and get another pixie cut.

As to the sunglasses on head, well having put mine on a counter and having the stolen a couple of times in my life, on the head works! It is not only practical but does not look inelegant. Earlier in the week when the Palace and staff observed silence for the French tragedy, she also had her sunglasses thus, unlike her sister-in-law who wore enormous mirror-lensed glasses. Somehow it didn't look quite right.

:Earlier in the week when the Palace and staff observed silence for the French tragedy, she also had her sunglasses thus, unlike her sister-in-law who wore enormous mirror-lensed glasses. Somehow it didn't look quite right.

Sorry Marg - are you saying Charlene's glasses or Caroline's glasses didn't look quite right?

I don't mind the short hair too much, it's stylish and she has the bone structure to carry it off well. The sunglasses on top of her head, in my book, was a huge NO-NO. Either put them on, a al Princess Caroline, or take them off completely and hold them. Or better yet, leave them inside your palace you are standing outside of. The outfit was okay and appropriate for the occasion.

She did remove the sunglasses. The third photo shows the sunglasses are not on her head.

Love the new hairdo, very Jean Seberg. Not too many can carry it off.
Sunglasses on the head is a no-no except casual, off duty, imo
Don't like black for festive Christmas gifts!

She arrived with the sunglasses on her head but she did not wear her sunglasses Inside the center of the Red Cross. I am surprised that you spoke about her wearing the sunglasses onher head, we saw her wearing like this at a lot of events since her wedding.
(..)

I love Charlene's new haircut. I had been afraid she was going to let it grow long again so I was glad to see she had it cut. I think she looks better with it short. I like the black dress but I had a major problem with the tan shoes. As someone else said, the shoes made more sense when you see that there are tan fasteners on the dress. However, I can't go along with the black hosiery and tan shoes. My mind is just screaming NO at the idea. Either go with black hose and shoes or go with a more natural shade of hose and the tan shoes.

I don't like this cut, and I don't think it's a "pixie" cut - it's more like a girly crew cut with a longer top-but I know that these more rock n' roll pixies are in style this year.

As you can tell, I'm going through this weird internal dialogue about this look. And it's not coming out in favor of this look.

I think it's a very masculine look for a woman who needs a little softer look.

I am so not fond of the hairstyle. It looks too severe. For her facial structure, she needs something a little softer.

I think her last outfit is very nice. The only thing I don't like are the brown shoes. I know they match her belt, but they just look off with the black tights.

No chance of a tiara with this haircut.

No chance of a different look, either.

What a dark photo - hard to pick Charlene out on my little phone! She looks very Lili Marlene.

I quite like the outfit but I find it a little strange when you see what all the other women were wearing.

Last edited:
The medal look is dark for the times I suppose is the pillbox on or off the hair I think it spoils everything more particularly as those past photos echo only her glory days she looks less than chic here more chick!!!! IMO

An absolute stylish elegant look for that day. Just perfect.

As always Charlene is elegance personified. Perfect in every sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom