Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 12: March 2015 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlene looked very nice and effortless at the last event. The black dress matched with the blue printed shawl was a perfect choice.

It might be just from the above photos but does that cape looks a bit odd with the rest of her outfit?

I'm not sure if it's the cape or not, but I am not used to Charlene wearing flat shoes and I don't think I like it! Back to the cape, as fan of these garments I'm glad she is wearing it!

I love that she tossed a shawl over her shoulders! A nice touch. I'm also not a fan of her wearing flat shoes with a pretty dress... but she's comfortable.

She looks more and more like La Princesse de Monaco. She often had a "celebrity look" when she started but she has really made great steps into a more royal look. It is wonderful and touching. Looking down from the Hercules Gallery, kneeling on a prie-Dieu, it really adds to the solemnity and dignity of the event. Very nice dress, cape, very tasteful and dignified.

Last edited:
Whenever she wants, she can sport a very sophisticated look... and this time she didn't dissapoint...

I'm in the minority again, but this time not liking it so much. The dress is dull, and the way the scarf just hangs over her shoulders makes it look like a blanket. The flats? Ugh. But her makeup/hair is right on point.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Very beautiful but i don't like the flat shoes.

I think she looks good this was a solemn event and she looks good. She is at home so I think the shoes were for comfort.

Charlene looks trés chic, I love the dress but am not a fan of the shawl/cape. I like how it's a different shade of blue to the dress, but the patterns put me off a little.

I'm wondering if she is alright, she is looking rather dark under her eyes and I don't think it's make up.

I'm wondering if she is alright, she is looking rather dark under her eyes and I don't think it's make up.

She's the mother of twins! Even if she has a nanny or two, I'm sure she is probably like any new mother and doesn't get much sleep (especially if she's breastfeeding them, that's something that doesn't stop, even at night until they are a little older). I'd say she looks pretty great for a new mom!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The first photo at first glance reminded me of Grace. There's a very different "aura" about Charlene since she became a mother - A couple of years ago I would never have imagined her developing he persona she now has.

She's the mother of twins! Even if she has a nanny or two, I'm sure she is probably like any new mother and doesn't get much sleep (especially if she's breastfeeding them, that's something that doesn't stop, even at night until they are a little older). I'd say she looks pretty great for a new mom!

Haha, you are responding to a mother of two and grandmother of two so I am well aware of all the issues. The babies were born in December, they are not newborns. This was not a criticism, it may just be the shadows in a picture OR her makeup but I do think (on the overhead display) that she indeed looks VERY tired. I hope it is just that it's shadows.

Haha, you are responding to a mother of two and grandmother of two so I am well aware of all the issues. The babies were born in December, they are not newborns. This was not a criticism, it may just be the shadows in a picture OR her makeup but I do think (on the overhead display) that she indeed looks VERY tired. I hope it is just that it's shadows.

She is, indeed, very different since the babies have been born. Both in a good way and in a way that is just different. :ermm: For me it's the overdone make-up, and in these three pictures she does look very tired. She's continuing to keep her 'look' simple. It's something she can get together very quickly (imo) but she has both joy and some worries methinks. So it is. Life, and maybe the baby-blues?

The first photo at first glance reminded me of Grace. There's a very different "aura" about Charlene since she became a mother - A couple of years ago I would never have imagined her developing he persona she now has.

You read my mind. The photos of Charlene at her prie-Dieu and on the palace Balcony gazing down at the crowds at Mass could be Princess Grace herself. Charlene's transformation began almost as soon as she became pregnant and is nearly complete.

She is amazing now, with a confidence and serenity that I've never seen before. I think her outfit for the Fete Dieu celebration was perfect.

The slicked back hair is not my thing.

I'm in the minority again, but this time not liking it so much. The dress is dull, and the way the scarf just hangs over her shoulders makes it look like a blanket. The flats? Ugh. But her makeup/hair is right on point.

The Princess was in her very own house and looking down from a gallery above. She was not leaving her house and not in public. She was more than appropriate dressed (covered shoulders, skirt on knee length), just watching down from her own balcony, between the soup and the potatoes, so to speak...

:flowers:

"... between the soup and the potatoes..." lol
Love your description! :)
Yes, she was appropriately dressed -- I did not question that. It was merely not to my personal liking, that's all. She looked very pretty and poised though.

Princess Charlene at the opening ceremony of the 2015 Monte Carlo Television Festival today, June 13, wearing a black dress. Although I'm not excited about the cut of the dress, I think she looked great:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Close up **

Normally, I don't really like Charlene in black but I think she looks great here - hair, make up and jewellery is lovely. I like the cut and draping on the dress. A win for me...

I like hir and make up but the dress not flattering at all.

A very dramatic look for Charlene! Love her hair.. and those ruby and diamond earrings are to die for!!!

Yes, just looked at the shoes more closely - they're a bit clunky.

.Princess Charlene at the opening ceremony of the 2015 Monte Carlo Television Festival today, June 13, wearing a black dress. Although I'm not excited about the cut of the dress, I think she looked great:
** Upper part 2 ** Close up **

She's lost the puffiness of the baby-weight in her face, and her face is radiant. She is so animated these days! :flowers: Lovely to see that. I don't notice her dress. It looks like she's not paying much attention either. ;) Great ruby/diamond earrings.

Just a year ago, Charlene would have looked pretty nondescript in this dress, but her new found confidence shines through. Love the earrings too.

Makeup is a little heavy and I am not crazy about the hair, but the Princess of Monaco is looking her usual dazzling self. I love the black dress!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom