Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 12: March 2015 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes she reminded me of P Grace too. A lot had to do with the full skirt and faux chignon and pillbox hat and DIOR!
I LOVE crocheted gloves, perfect for warmer weather.
Goes to show that you can have short hair and make it look long. I love the way the way the hat was set framed her face beautifully. Perfect make up, hair jewelry and the dress was really perfect. It looked white to me, someone said it was pale green? Love the box pleats on the skirt, was it silk?
She looked so happy,

Yes she reminded me of P Grace too. A lot had to do with the full skirt and faux chignon and pillbox hat and DIOR!
I LOVE crocheted gloves, perfect for warmer weather.
Goes to show that you can have short hair and make it look long. I love the way the way the hat was set framed her face beautifully. Perfect make up, hair jewelry and the dress was really perfect. It looked white to me, someone said it was pale green? Love the box pleats on the skirt, was it silk?
She looked so happy,
You can like what she ears or not - but she has great bones!

She should stick with Dior and dump Akris IMO and I don't just say it because of what she wore yesterday. Every time she wears Dior she looks amazing, who can forget , for example, that wonderful pink gown she wore to Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee dinner at Buckingham Palace ? I also wouldn't say it was a 'Grace' outfitt as such yesterday just a bit 1950's looking.

:previous:angela you read my mind...I was just this morning remembering that incredible powder pink evening gown she wore to QEII's Jubilee Dinner!!

Dior is a good look for Charlene!:)

Yes, I wish she had gone to Dior for her wedding gown as well. The Armani dress was nice but I think it cried out for a fuller skirt to balance out that wonderful train and I wasn't too keen on the material either. She looked amazing in Akris at William and Kate's wedding but I think it was a fluke as nothing she has worn by them has been nearly as good since.

Oh no...I thought her Armani bridal gown was as perfect as perfect gets. When I hear "crying out for a fuller skirt" I think of the DoC's gown. It needed a fuller skirt and a more dramatic train to suit the scope of the Abbey.

Charlene was one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen.

Last edited:
I must admit that I haven't paid close enough attention to Charlene to remember all her outfits, but for me her style tends to range between "Wow, how STUNNING!" and "that's nice, but could be better." Sometimes she sets a very high bar for herself. However, yesterday's outfit was definitely one of those "stunning" moments for me. She hit all the right notes. Gorgeous.

As for her wedding dress, I must admit I found it quite disappointing. It's not that it was horrible or anything, but it just didn't seem very royal to me (yes, I know, not technically royal, etc.). It somehow seemed a bit too modern, or too much like something I've seen in a lot of bridal ads. I liked the neckline, but I agree with Angela about the fabric and the skirt. But again, with me, it's partly a case of knowing that she's perfectly capable of getting something just right, and for me something was missing there.

Oh no...I thought her Armani bridal gown was as perfect as perfect gets. [...]

Charlene was one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen.

She was imo, too. :flowers: She's in my top ten, top five, even.

I thought that her wedding ensemble, from top to bottom, was near perfect. If you are going to add a "Blusher Veil", then you cannot go past Charlene's. It was the most beautiful I have ever seen.

I thought that her wedding ensemble, from top to bottom, was near perfect. If you are going to add a "Blusher Veil", then you cannot go past Charlene's. It was the most beautiful I have ever seen.

The gown itself was what blew me away, the incredible detail work. Loved the material and the color of white she chose. Nothing was overdone on that gown and the veil was perfect, not drawing attention away from her as the centerpiece. She was perfection that day. :flowers:

Me too! The blusher veil, the diamond clips nestled within her chignon, the dramatic double Court train...she was just so gorgeous.

Yes her gown was very "modern" but it worked for me. I was afraid that if she went retro-50's people would make snide remarks about her trying to copy Grace.:sad:

Lady N., she is in my Top Five too!

Me too! The blusher veil, the diamond clips nestled within her chignon, the dramatic double Court train...she was just so gorgeous.

Yes her gown was very "modern" but it worked for me. I was afraid that if she went retro-50's people would make snide remarks about her trying to copy Grace.:sad:

Lady N., she is in my Top Five too!

It's so interesting to see people's different perspectives on her wedding gown. For some people, it's in their top five, but for me it's easily bottom 5, at least among major royal weddings of the past 15 years or so (although, again, a lot of that had to do with my own levels of expectation, which were probably higher for Charlene than they were for some other brides).

For me, I think it was primarily just disappointed that it was so modern. I have very traditional tastes when it comes to weddings generally, but especially royal weddings. There are plenty of ways to go for a more traditional look without going for a 1950s style or looking like Grace at all.

That said, when I look at the top half of the dress on up, I do think she looked spectacular. The train was great, too, but I think it would have looked better with something with a fuller skirt. But, alas, it is what it is, it wasn't horrible, and I'm glad a lot of people do love it.

Let us please get back to Princess Charlene's current fashion choices.

The thread about her wedding dress can be found here. Thank you!

Princess Charlene looking beautiful in a new blue dress at a Grand Prix reception in Monaco yesterday, May 23. Hair, makeup and earrings are great as well:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

:previous:OMG....Charlene!!

Can she possibly be any more stunning??:ohmy:

Yes all the look is stunning.

The color of her gown is to die for, and so are her earrings!

She is looking great ..... So relaxed and happy x x

I love her look... the only cons is that it makes her even taller... but she looked beautiful!

Charlene looks great! I love the colour of her gown, it's beautiful. I don't think the gown is too long (though that might be because I like long gowns because of the flowing effect they have), but I can understand why some may think that. However, the only thing I don't particularly like here is her hair - has she had it cut? It looks shorter than usual to me, but perhaps that's just the way it's been styled.

She looks great as usual. She is easily the most elegant Royal lady around. But I actually prefer the runway dress along the hem as opposed to the version she wore. But still very feminine and elegant. Her hair seems longer to me...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom